Page 208 of 210 FirstFirst ... 108158198205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3149
    Last Online

04.26.19 @ 12:40 AM
    Liked 3,010 Times in 1,921 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    Anyone else watching tonight?
    I did. But now with the knowledge that Danai is leaving for the Rick flicks, I don't think this show has a lot of shelf life left. I don't think Norman can carry it by himself.

Fear is weak, too.

Best bet for future solid Walking Dead entertainment is the Rick Grimes trilogy flicks, with Danai and, I suspect, Jeffrey showing up to rally support.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 11:56 PM
    Liked 3,414 Times in 2,183 Posts

Stopped watching few years ago.
    I dig Norman's show, though. He had Morgan and Lincoln on last night. It was pretty funny.
    Yeun is on next week.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 4,268 Times in 2,571 Posts

I found last night to be a tad boring. I want to be invested in some of these characters, but the sheer size of the cast and Rick moving on I just...don't.

Even though I recognize the sunk cost fallacy, I tend to follow through on shows. Walking Dead may be an exception for me if it keeps up.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

04.26.19 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 24,776 Times in 12,494 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    I've always thought it was weird folks that don't watch a show sort of ridiculing those that do..you aren't required to watch it or follow the thread
    Relax Francis. Used to watch it, gave up after Negan arrived.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

04.26.19 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 24,776 Times in 12,494 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I found last night to be a tad boring. I want to be invested in some of these characters, but the sheer size of the cast and Rick moving on I just...don't.

Even though I recognize the sunk cost fallacy, I tend to follow through on shows. Walking Dead may be an exception for me if it keeps up.
    I did that with Dexter and learned my lesson.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 4,268 Times in 2,571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I did that with Dexter and learned my lesson.
    I don't understand when a show KNOWS it is doing a final season why it always feels like they just figure that out on episode 8 of 12. I get the end they were going for with Dexter, but the execution was poor.

Here is Walking Dead's problem--there is no real stated goal to root for. There's no search for a cure, no search to write a new Constitution. I mean, even if these communities just started rebuilding the United States, you'd have plenty of stories to mine.

Instead of the latter, they skipped the creation of a council and all that stuff that could've been interesting by fast forwarding several years just to do...the same stuff. There are bad guys, they are scary, we have to fight them.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 2,873 Times in 1,796 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I don't understand when a show KNOWS it is doing a final season why it always feels like they just figure that out on episode 8 of 12. I get the end they were going for with Dexter, but the execution was poor.

Here is Walking Dead's problem--there is no real stated goal to root for. There's no search for a cure, no search to write a new Constitution. I mean, even if these communities just started rebuilding the United States, you'd have plenty of stories to mine.

Instead of the latter, they skipped the creation of a council and all that stuff that could've been interesting by fast forwarding several years just to do...the same stuff. There are bad guys, they are scary, we have to fight them.
    The time jump was needed in order to get this thing out of a rut but you are right, they jumped ahead only to end up in a story line that is repetitive.

I thought the Negen/Judith story line was interesting, especially as he lost his daughter and she lost her fathers). And while I am not a huge fan of episodes that focus on one character, I think the issue of Negen escaping then finding that there really isn't anything out there and finally returning, was a pretty important storyline to explore in more detail. If they are going to make this interesting they are going to have to get Negen out of that cell tho

Daryl becoming a leader is a really tricky thing f they to navigate and frankly I think it is the whole reason they killed off Jesus..to make room for Daryl as a leader and increase Reedus screen time. Still a big mistake in my book to kill off the most interesting characters and leave us with Tara and Aaron.

I don't think we'll ever see Maggie back even tho that new series Whisky Cavalier looks HORRIBLE. How can you shoot 13 episodes of an hour long series and not have enough good scenes to put together half a dozen commercials?

So I think the producers know that they are on the downside of this series and the best they can do is maintain it to keep enough interest to launch the Rick movies which will probably feature the Michonne character as well since she is leaving.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Premium Member

So this show is obviously not "must see TV" anymore, and frankly I missed a few episodes when I decided Shameless was a better way to spend Sunday night.....but Shameless is done now so I peaked in last night and

WTF? I mean, talk about dark!

but there were 2 things I did not get

1 why was Alphas daughter Lydia with Henry and Daryl?....last I saw, Lydia was returned and Henry was a captive of Alphas....I guess he went ot rescue her?

And why did the branding happen. I don't understand. I thought that Daryl and Michonne would just be killed, I don't get it

Thank you, that is all LOL

Eruption
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 1,032 Times in 359 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

1 why was Alphas daughter Lydia with Henry and Daryl?....last I saw, Lydia was returned and Henry was a captive of Alphas....I guess he went ot rescue her?

And why did the branding happen. I don't understand. I thought that Daryl and Michonne would just be killed, I don't get it
    Henry went looking for Lydia, got captured. Alpha threw down a knife in front of Lydia and told he to kill Henry or Beta would kill them both. Enter Daryl and walkers. They escaped with Daryl & Connie who went looking for them.

Jocelyn was trying to teach the kids to not be soft. "Mark our kill, kill our mark." Yeah...it doesn’t really make sense but that’s why Michonne has been so paranoid with strangers.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

04.26.19 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 309 Times in 208 Posts

Daryl and Connie rescued Henry and Lydia, and there was a back and forth on if she was staying, or if just Lydia and Henry would go off alone, they all ended up leaving together.

As far as the branding, not sure, maybe just an initiation thing or so they won't show mercy.

One thing I didn't get, was all of a sudden Daryl somehow escaped and was smothering the person watching them, it was almost like my Dish network came in late after commercial

Oh and in before someone says the show sucks and they don't watch it anymore.lol
    Last edited by rchop84; 03.18.19 at 12:43 PM.
    Dealing with it.

Eruption
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 1,032 Times in 359 Posts

They finally killed Tara...a long time coming!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

04.26.19 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 309 Times in 208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    They finally killed Tara...a long time coming!
    Ha..I liked Tara. Didn't see Enid coming.
    Dealing with it.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 05:02 PM
    Liked 935 Times in 522 Posts

Great episode last night...the pacing was fantastic. There was a great tension - you knew something was going to happen. They teased who 'might' get it with the appropriate dialogue - then, boom, the end happens. I did NOT see that coming. Wow.

This is the type of writing this show has needed for the last two years.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Premium Member

and next week they are finally getting some weather after this season they finally gave up on running around in cars and trucks. My complaints for years. You would think that with civilization in tatters, you can find a way to grow food, to go without vehicles etc....but weather and lack of communication would be a big issue. No one to tell you that a tornado or a bad snow storm is on the way.

I think what we are going to see if Carol going full Carol on the Whisperers and it's about time they unleashed her again

We are going to see Negen come out of jail and perhaps even becoming a hero....he's had what? 4 scenes this season?

I think they are finally going to give Daryl the romance that the shippers have been wanting him to have, and now that he is in essence the lead of this show, it's going to happen.

Had really mixed feelings about Tara. There was a time when I thought Tara, Rosita and Sasha were written as kind of indistinct and interchangeable for any situation

But her absence will be there are some characters that this show is sorely missing. Glenn and Maggie, Abraham, Jesus. Carl. There is going to have to be some really big stepping up next season because aside from Judith NONE of the new characters have any star quality AT ALL

Last Online

04.12.19 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts

It was a great episode! The music during the pike scene, my Lord!

I loved hearing the wind blow as they traversed up the hill. Angela has make the show legit again, like.. "legit" legit.

Everybody is hoping for a Alpha/Carol showdown. It would be interesting to see if Carol cuts her hair after the winter in preparation of kicking some ass.

I would now think that Saddiq is leader by default unless Whiskey Cavalier really starts sucking, thus we would expect to see Maggie come back.

Imagine this....

Some remnant Saviors team up w/ the communities... catch the Whisperers in a clearing in the woods... "Saviors Whistling" ....

"I'm gonna need you on your knees"....

Out comes Negan holding Lucille... "Which one of your pricks is the leader?"

Negan: Hi.... you're Alpha right?....I'm Negan... and I do not appreciate you killin' my friends.... Not cool.... NOT cool..... you - have - no - idea how "not cool" that shit is....

Spoilers, but I posted that scene below...

Last edited by Mister T.; 03.25.19 at 08:20 AM.