Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Husband Snaps On Abortion Protesters

He and his 16-weeks-pregnant wife went to a women's clinic in Brookline, Mass. for an abortion after discovering that their baby had a congenital deformity with no chance for survival. On their way in, they were confronted by images of dismembered fetuses and two women yelling, “You're killing your unborn baby!” Enraged, Gouveia decided to confront the protesters while his wife was in surgery, and he caught the whole interaction on his cellphone.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Amen. Good for him for standing up.

Some people need to find something in their lives to occupy their time other than protest couples wanting to get an abortion for good reasons.

“You're killing your unborn baby!”

Yeah. That makes sense.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.27.10 at 03:54 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Amen. Good for him for standing up.

Some people need to find something in their lives to occupy their time other than protest couples wanting to get an abortion for good reasons.

Yeah. That makes sense.
    They are putting their time and effort toward a cause that is important to them. There's hardly anything wrong with that in itself.

"Abortion for good reasons" is an incredibly subjective term. As long as the women aren't infringing on anyone's rights, it hardly seems appropriate to applaud someone for standing up to them. They were (rather passively, it seems) voicing their opinion about an issue; nothing wrong about that.

[/devil's advocate] I admit that there are a lot of pro-life people out there who are downright rude, and sometimes a lot of lines get crossed. But these women were pretty harmless.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

I can only imagine the grief that this couple went through in finding out that their child had no hope for survival. I have a family member who found out that their child had died late in the pregnancy...they had to go through an induced labor. Having to go through labor and delivery knowing that the result was going to be a stillborn child was to say the least, traumatic

For this couple to be confronted by strangers showing them graphic images of the process and accusing them of killing their unborn baby is on the same level as those people who show up at military funerals to protest

they may have a personal and/or political belief to espouse, but they have no understanding or compassion for the people who are in that position

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I can only imagine the grief that this couple went through in finding out that their child had no hope for survival. I have a family member who found out that their child had died late in the pregnancy...they had to go through an induced labor. Having to go through labor and delivery knowing that the result was going to be a stillborn child was to say the least, traumatic

For this couple to be confronted by strangers showing them graphic images of the process and accusing them of killing their unborn baby is on the same level as those people who show up at military funerals to protest

they may have a personal and/or political belief to espouse, but they have no understanding or compassion for the people who are in that position
    I imagine that is a really hard line to find. How do you stick up for what you really believe in and are really passionate about while simultaneously showing true compassion for people who stand on the other side of the argument, especially when those people are really hurting?
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,237 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Some of you may have seen this before, but for those that haven't you may want to check it out. This is an old VHS movie called "The Silent Scream." While it is blatantly one sided (Pro-life, anti-abortion), the subject matter and video of showing the actual abortion is self-explanatory. I won't embed it because it is pretty graphic (although with the horrible quality of YouTube and the 1980s era ultrasound we are spared most of the graphic stuff), but for those that are interested, you can check it out here:

This is why people stand out front of abortion clinics and try and talk mothers out of it. I'm certainly not defending their actions, but for those that don't understand why people are passionate about it and don't "have anything better to do," maybe this will help you understand their point of view, even if it doesn't change your mind.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomb View Post
    They are putting their time and effort toward a cause that is important to them. There's hardly anything wrong with that in itself.

"Abortion for good reasons" is an incredibly subjective term. As long as the women aren't infringing on anyone's rights, it hardly seems appropriate to applaud someone for standing up to them. They were (rather passively, it seems) voicing their opinion about an issue; nothing wrong about that.

[/devil's advocate] I admit that there are a lot of pro-life people out there who are downright rude, and sometimes a lot of lines get crossed. But these women were pretty harmless.

Read the article for yourself then.

If you can defend their actions then I applaud YOU.

Aaron Gouveia and his wife were already having the worst day of their lives. Then came the abortion protesters.

“You’re killing your unborn baby!”

That’s what they yelled at me and my wife on the worst day of our lives. As we entered the women’s health center on an otherwise perfect summer morning in Brookline, two women we had never met decided to pile onto the nightmare we had been living for three weeks. These “Christians” verbally accosted us—judged us—as we steeled ourselves for the horror of making the unimaginable, but necessary, decision to end our pregnancy at 16 weeks.

After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier, we were told our baby had Sirenomelia. Otherwise known as Mermaid Syndrome, it’s a rare (one in every 100,000 pregnancies) congenital deformity in which the legs are fused together. Worse than that, our baby had no bladder or kidneys. Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival.

♦♦♦

I’m not a religious person and I’ve never believed in heaven or hell. But there is a hell on Earth. Hell is sitting next to the person you love most and listening to her wail hysterically because her heart just broke into a million pieces. Hell is watching her entire body convulse with sobs because she’s being tortured with grief. For as long as I live and no matter how many children we have, I will never forget that sound. And I vowed to do everything in my power to make sure she’d never make it again.

Across a crowded street, two people with “God Is Pro-Life!” signs and pictures of torn-up fetuses managed to drive the blade in even deeper. Again, I was left trying to console the inconsolable, feeling even more helpless this time, because I wasn’t allowed into surgery with her.

Running on pure adrenaline, and without even a hint of a plan, I grabbed my cell phone and crossed the street. I didn’t know what to say or how to say it, I just knew I wanted to make public the cowardice of these protesters. The video’s below—they didn’t disappoint.

Sickening is what those protesters are. I say again, they should find something to occupy their lives with. Downright disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    This is why people stand out front of abortion clinics and try and talk mothers out of it. I'm certainly not defending their actions, but for those that don't understand why people are passionate about it and don't "have anything better to do," maybe this will help you understand their point of view, even if it doesn't change your mind.
    I have no problem with people who are against abortion. What I do have a problem with are the people who try to make somebody feel HORRIBLE for not believing what THEY believe in. That's when the line is crossed, in my book. Which is the only thing these protesters are trying to do. They tried making that couple feel GUILTY without knowing one SPLINTER of information as to WHY they were getting an abortion.

It's fucking disgusting.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.27.10 at 08:12 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Yeah, that's an easy one!
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 12:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah. That makes sense.
    It's funny you should say that...and yet, the courts have charged people with "fetal homicide" when someone else causes a woman to miscarry. How can it be murder in one case and not in another? (just playin devil's advocate) I understand, in this specific case, why it was done. Do I support it overall...not really.

However, I think protestors should stick with setting up an organized protest - somewhere other than outside a clinic where they are harassing everyone coming in and out. Protests are a great way to get your message out - but they should be set up in the appropriate places and done correctly...

my 2 cents...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 6,701 Times in 3,721 Posts

i understand why people find abortion an absolute disgusting thing. I understand why people protest clinics. I think that people really should be a little more considerate about how they handle these protests. Not everyone who is getting an abortion is using it as a cruel form of birth control. Too many do but not all are and not all should be treated like they are.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Yeah. That makes sense.
    that does make complete sense actually. I don't like the way they are handling in but killing a child still in the womb is still killing it. If someone would have shot your mother in the stomach when she was pregnant with you, would it merely be assualt in your eyes? Would it not be different then shooting a guy in the stomach?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Some of you may have seen this before, but for those that haven't you may want to check it out. This is an old VHS movie called "The Silent Scream." While it is blatantly one sided (Pro-life, anti-abortion), the subject matter and video of showing the actual abortion is self-explanatory. I won't embed it because it is pretty graphic (although with the horrible quality of YouTube and the 1980s era ultrasound we are spared most of the graphic stuff), but for those that are interested, you can check it out here:

Man, just by how you described it, there is no way I am watching that.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    that does make complete sense actually. I don't like the way they are handling in but killing a child still in the womb is still killing it. If someone would have shot your mother in the stomach when she was pregnant with you, would it merely be assualt in your eyes? Would it not be different then shooting a guy in the stomach?
    No it wouldn't be assault. Usually when somebody shoots somebody else (without it being an accident) it is attempted murder and even in some cases murder. The fact that I was unborn shouldn't have any bearing on the charge. It's attempted murder. Fetus or no fetus.

Let me put it to you this way. If my Mother was carrying a child and she got shot. I can guarantee you I'd probably give more thought to the fact that my Mother was shot and might die over the fact that the unborn fetus in her stomach might be terminated.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.28.10 at 07:32 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

No it wouldn't be assault. Usually when somebody shoots somebody else (without it being an accident) it is attempted murder and even in some cases murder. The fact that I was unborn shouldn't have any bearing on the charge. It's attempted murder. Fetus or no fetus.
    I said "in your eyes" - are those two things the same? Do you think it's the same thing shooting, punching, whatever, a woman in the stomach when she's pregnant as opposed to when she's not.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I said "in your eyes" - are those two things the same? Do you think it's the same thing shooting, punching, whatever, a woman in the stomach when she's pregnant as opposed to when she's not.
    I'd be in the womb according to your example so I might not even have developed eyes at the point at which my Mother was shot.

Let me put it to you this way. If somebody punched my Mom or one of my girlfriends in the stomach, pregnant or not...they're getting their asses handed to them in a doggy bag.

I wouldn't beat the shit out of them MORE because she was pregnant.