Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Snubbed R.I. Dem Tells Obama to 'Shove It'

Snubbed RI Democrat Says Obama Can Take His Endorsement and "Shove It"

President Obama Monday is heading to Rhode Island to visit a manufacturing facility and make remarks at a fundraiser, but Democratic gubernatorial candidate Frank Caprio is hardly rolling out the welcome mat.

"He can take his endorsement and really shove it," Caprio, who recently discovered the president will not be supporting him, told Providence radio station WPRO Monday morning.

Caprio says he was told by a reporter Sunday night that the president would not be endorsing him. A campaign spokesman for former Senator Lincoln Chafee told the Providence Journal that the lack of endorsement was a "victory" for the Republican-turned-independent, who endorsed President Obama in 2008.

"I've never asked President Obama for his endorsement, and what's going on here is really Washington insider politics at its worst," Caprio said.

The president has not officially endorsed a candidate in the race, in which Caprio is leading by a razor-thin edge of 1.7 points in the latest RealClearPolitics average.

White House Deputy Director of Communications Jen Psaki, when asked in a Sunday night conference call whether the president's Rhode Island trip could give Caprio a much-needed boost, only responded, "He's not planning on making an endorsement in the race tomorrow."

Caprio says he had been "encouraged" when he found out from the White House that Obama would be discussing jobs at the American Cord & Webbing facility in Woonsocket, RI, but would not say whether he had planned to attend the event, only noting his disgust at finding out about the endorsement snub "at the eleventh hour" and calling it "a backhanded way" for the White House to pursue its own agenda.

Campaign spokesman Nick Hemond told Fox News Monday morning he didn't yet know if Caprio would be appearing in Woonsocket.

In any event, Caprio says, if the president had a chance to gain the loyalty of Rhode Islanders, he missed it back in March.

"We had one of the worst floods in the history of the United States a few months back, and President Obama didn't even do a flyover of Rhode Island like President Bush did when New Orleans had their problems," he said. "He ignored us, and now he's coming to into Rhode Island and treating us like an ATM machine."

"What I'm saying to President Obama very clearly is I'll wear it as a badge of honor and a badge of courage that he doesn't want to endorse me as a Democrat," he said, citing his own focus on job creation, "because I am a different kind of Democrat."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Could it be that this Democratic candiate has done things that it would be stupid to endorse him? Actually, if Obama is standing on principal and not just blindly following the party line to endorse any Democratic just because they are Democratic, I like it.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Could it be that this Democratic candiate has done things that it would be stupid to endorse him? Actually, if Obama is standing on principal and not just blindly following the party line to endorse any Democratic just because they are Democratic, I like it.
    Was thinking along similar lines. I did a quick seach on Caprio and found nothing terribly notorious save for the suspicion that he may have tried to sell his candidacy to the GOP once. Maybe that was enough for Obama to keep his distance.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

So you are saying it's ok for Obama to ignore the worst floods to ever happen in US history because he doesn't get along with this Democrat??
    In that case I hope the same thing happens to where you live,while Obama is out jet setting and partying in India on your tax dollars.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

I think you need to be an expert in RI politics to understand this one. Does he want the endorsement or not? Insulting the President doesnt seem to show a very responsible attitude. All I know is RI is pretty much to the left of the rest of the country, they probably think Obama is not liberal enough.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I think you need to be an expert in RI politics to understand this one. Does he want the endorsement or not? Insulting the President doesnt seem to show a very responsible attitude. All I know is RI is pretty much to the left of the rest of the country, they probably think Obama is not liberal enough.

Was thinking that maybe he has a rep for this kind of mouthing-off that is starting to become well-known in government circles. Your first sentence there is probably accurate.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

I really feel as though the country needs to rethink the party system, and take everyone at face value for what they as individuals truly believe. I have no problem picking across beliefs to find the best people with the best ideas. It's the gang mentality that fosters the - with us or against us thing that is extremely counter productive in my opinion.

Limiting campaign ad spending to a reasonable number would also level the playing field for ordinary folks with good ideas to get into the race. Should we really be spending 100 million dollars in attack ads?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Apparently what I heard is that the independent candidate, Chaffee, supported Obama in 08, that's why Obama can't take sides in the race. So the other guy is upset.
    It's a 3 person race.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:07 AM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

I'm not sure what this is all about, but Obama should shove it. I'd bet that candidate Frank Capio should probably shove it too.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Default United we stand,divided we fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I really feel as though the country needs to rethink the party system, and take everyone at face value for what they as individuals truly believe. I have no problem picking across beliefs to find the best people with the best ideas. It's the gang mentality that fosters the - with us or against us thing that is extremely counter productive in my opinion.
    What you call gang mentality others call team work.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 18,093 Times in 8,939 Posts

Amen sister!

Now, if we can get our elected officials to actually use their own brains and vote with their conscious and not what their party leaders/lobbyists tell them to, then we might be onto something.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Don't be fooled. There is no such nobility behind Obama's non-endorsement of Caprio.

Chafee is running for governor as an "independent" (read as 'former RHINO, current bitch'). Obama's got him in his hip pocket. There's no need for him to endorse Caprio as Chafee is every bit the rubber stamp that Caprio would be.

Chafee runs Obama ad day after RI Dem's 'shove it' - Washington Post

Recall Arlen Specter defecting from the GOP and becoming a Democrat once it became Crist-al clear (see what DIF did there? Floridians did... ) he couldn't win the Republican primary against Toomey. Obama supported Specter in the Democratic primary, not Sestak. Why? Obama knew he'd own Specter in the Senate.

People have to become more cynical of Obama, not less. The supposed high-minded, above-the-fray bullshit is just that.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH122 View Post
    So you are saying it's ok for Obama to ignore the worst floods to ever happen in US history because he doesn't get along with this Democrat??
    In that case I hope the same thing happens to where you live,while Obama is out jet setting and partying in India on your tax dollars.
    Are you unable to read? Where did you get that I think it's okay to ignore the flooding??
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Are you unable to read? Where did you get that I think it's okay to ignore the flooding??
    Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,nice tone!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:17 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH122 View Post
    Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,nice tone!
    Chill.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.