Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default Muslims, Juan Williams and bacon.

Two stories to share. Political Correctness runs amok.

Juan Williams NPR journalist fired.
    Juan Williams a journalist for NPR (National Public Radio) was fired from his job from remarks about the Muslim community he made on The O’Reilly factor which is Bill O’ Reilly’s show on Fox news. Bill O’Reilly who is equally guilty of making remarks against the Muslim community one week ago on The View; when he strongly protested about the Muslim Mosque being built two blocks away from where the 9/11 terrorist attacks occurred. In heated protest O’Reilly said that building the Mosque there was inappropriate because “Muslims killed us on 911.” The intense comments caused host Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg to leave the stage, but later returned.

The firing of Juan Williams is gaining notice to twitter.com users, where his name is now a trending topic. Users are expressing their outraged that he was fired for saying “When I’m on a plan and see a Muslim I get nervous”. While O’Reilly who made the remark he did last week on The View still has his job at fox news.

“They both should be fired, what Juan Williams said was nowhere near the horrible capacity of the remarks Bill O’ Reilly said, they still never should have said it. Williams did display an ignorant act of racial profiling when he said I get nervous when I see a Muslim on my plane. They are both ignorant racists and both should be fired from their jobs”, says Oliver of Cleveland.
    http://www.examiner.com/twitter-in-c...ed?cid=oneriot

Cafe owner ordered to remove extractor fan because neighbour claimed 'smell of frying bacon offends Muslims'

A hard-working cafe owner has been ordered to tear down an extractor fan - because the smell of her frying bacon 'offends' Muslims.

Planning bosses acted against Beverley Akciecek, 49, after being told her next-door neighbour's Muslim friends had felt 'physically sick' due to the 'foul odour'.

Councillors at Stockport Council in Greater Manchester say the smell from the fan is 'unacceptable on the grounds of residential amenity'.

The fan has been in Beverley's Snack Shack takeaway in the Shaw Heath area of the town for the past three years.

Mrs Akciecek and her husband Cetin, 50, - himself a Turkish Muslim - work more than 50 hours a week buying, preparing and cooking hot and cold sandwiches and hot-pots for their customers.

Today mother-of-seven Mrs Akciecek said she plans to appeal against the decision.

She said: 'I just think it's crazy. Cetin's friends actually visit the shop, they're regular visitors, they're Muslim people, they come in a couple of times a week.

'I have Muslim people come in for cheese toasties. Cetin cooks the food himself, he cooks the bacon.

'When we go to a cafe my husband wouldn't be offended by the smell of bacon. His friends are not offended by it, we have three visitors who come here for a sandwich, friends of my husband, and the smell doesn't offend them at all.

'My brother-in-law doesn't flinch if he comes and we've just taken out three trays of bacon.

'I'm going to find a local councillor. I'm waiting for the letter so I can appeal.'

The couple took over the take-away in 2007 from the previous owner and replaced the existing extractor fan, which had been there for six years, with a new modern one.

They claim they received no complaints about the cafe which is open from 7.30am-2.30pm six days a week, until around 18 months ago when they received a letter from environmental services to say their neighbour Graham Webb-Lee had complained about the smell.

Mrs Akciecek said: 'We've never had a problem about the smell because everything is pre-cooked. We cook it in the oven so there's no foul smell.

'It's pre-cooked so the smell isn't as strong when we're frying it off. It's like living next to someone who's cooking a Sunday breakfast but it's not constant it's just in the morning.

'It's been a sandwich shop for about eight years, cooking exactly the same stuff. The lady before me did double because they were actually building new houses across the road so she was really busy. She was here from 6am-4pm because they were so busy.

'They were there before me but they were also there when the lady who owns the business was here and she was doing double what we are. She had five staff, you can imagine how bust that shop was and they never complained at all.'

They say that the council's environmental services had been out to inspect their property after their neighbour complained about a foul odour last year, but they ruled that the smell was not causing a problem.

Mrs Akciecek said: 'Environmental services said everything is ok. They kept coming back and guaging it and said there was no problem and because they didn't take any action (the neighbours) complained again.'

The couple had never applied for planning permission as they had simply replaced an existing extractor fan with one of the same size and in the same position, but, following further complaints from their neighbour, they were informed by the council they would have to apply retrospectively as an objection had been raised.

They applied for planning permission in May this year, but the application was refused at a meeting of Stockport Area Committee on October 14.

Mr Webb-Lee objected to the aplication - complaining that his Muslim friends refused to visit him becase they 'can't stand the smell of bacon'.

Mrs Akciecek, who also attended the meeting, said: 'He said he had a daughter with an eating disorder, the Muslim friends, and the bad smell all the time is making his clothes smell.

'The councillors agreed with him without even asking me what I thought. It was as if they didn't even realise I was there.

'This cafe is our only source of income. There are only two of us working, we haven't got any staff anymore. We work seven hours in the shop and my husband goes to the cash and carry and has all the prep work to do. We're working long hours. He does about 50 hours a week easy and I'm working about the same and we work Saturdays.

'The shop will be a lot harder work. It will be a good hour a day washing the walls down, I will not work anywhere with the grease falling down the walls. We can't move it anywhere.

'I'm not going to accept it and we're going to fight it.'

Mr Webb-Lee said: 'The vent is 12 inches from my front door. Every morning the smell of bacon comes through and makes me physically sick.

'I have a lot of Muslim friends. They refuse to visit me anymore because they can't stand the smell of bacon.'

A spokesman for Stockport Council said: 'The retrospective application was rejected on the grounds of residential amenity, as the committee felt the odours given off from the vent were unacceptable for neighbouring residents.

'We will ensure that the cafe complies with this decision and removes the extractor fan.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Muslims.html#
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Juan is an ignorant racist? Give me a break. These extreme PC liberals are mentally ill. The man told the truth of how he felt. He should not have been fired. Multiculturalism is and will continue to be a failure, unless you kiss every minority's ass every second of the day, then it works just fine.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

I don't think I could get along with anyone who is offended by the smell of fresh cooked bacon.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Meanie View Post
    I don't think I could get along with anyone who is offended by the smell of fresh cooked bacon.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

The Williams case is shrapnel from the Bill O'Reilly/View ridiculousness and it reminds me of the Shirley Sherrod. case

NPR decided to ignore that Williams admitted his own fears within the context of making the point that we shouldn't resort to bigotry, but that we also shouldn't be so PC that that we ignore the truth that radical Muslims and the terror they use has become a global problem. He even mentioned the recent threat of the Times Square bomber who said that the US war with "Muslims" was just getting started.

No one in the interview promoted any anti-Muslim ideals. But if you see someone wearing garb that identifies themselves as Muslim, and you're sitting in a unit that has been shown to be a fundamentalist muslim's weapon of choice for mass killings, to be fired for being honest and saying the thought crossed your mind while making a point that we shouldn't be bigoted is ridiculous.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Have to start referring to muslims as middle eastern liberals. Maybe then it will be politically correct.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 4,791 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

The funny thing is that I bet nobody from NPR would have a problem with stereotypes of people from the south.

Hell everybody from the Tea Party are known as Tea Baggers to people from the left. Isn't that a stereotype of an entire group of people who have similar political ideals?

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

My buddy's wife can't stand the smell of bacon cooking either, says it makes here sick to her stomach, but she loves to eat it. She is a Catholic.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Love the spin by NPR and the left on this.

An internal NPR memo obtained by Fox (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...tics+-+Text%29) states that Williams was fired for expressing an opinion and having done so for years. This is in violation of NPR's ethics code. Their ethics code disallows their reporters and analysts from expressing an opinion on air, as well as not saying anything outside of NPR that they wouldn't say on the air at NPR.

The NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/22/bu...html?src=busln) takes the side that having been fired for expressing an opinion, this is the example of the two forms of journalism in America: the non-opinionated journalism of NPR, and the opinionated journalism of Fox (Williams was offered and signed a deal with Fox to become a full-time contributor).

What won't get you fired an NPR is saying that the Roberts court is "scandalous," acts of Republicans in Congress are "loony," (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...xt_511512.html) like Nina Totenberg has.

What that will get you is a biography on NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=2101289) that boasts about you being "a regular panelist on Inside Washington, a weekly syndicated public affairs television program produced in the nation's capital."

Inside Washington, of course, is a show where journalists...give their opinions. On that show in 1995, Totenberg said this:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    My buddy's wife can't stand the smell of bacon cooking either, says it makes here sick to her stomach, but she loves to eat it. She is a Catholic.
    Similar problem, I can't stand cocaine but I love the way it smells.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    You are just sick, man!

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

hell, i fed knackwurst and pepperwurst plates to a bunch of paki tourists shortly after 9/11. they loved it!!! of course, i told em it was beef. boy is allah gonna be angry.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Bacon. Mmmmm.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

If it happened across the country, ok, I understand it's news, but one local "incident" (if it can even be called that) over some bacon... I donno why it's making headlines, unless there's a hidden agenda somewhere.

Millions of ppl keep quiet and lead a peaceful life without raising their voice, one person makes trouble, bam it's "muslim this, muslim that..."
    Little Dreamer