Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:34 AM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default dying 7 year old Detroit area girl taunted by neighbor

WTF is the matter with people....I don't care what your beef is, and this one seems to settle around the neighbors kids not getting invited to a party

but under what circumstances is this behaviour anything more than a ticket to the express train to hell?

Dying girl’s family gets support after alleged Facebook taunts
    George Hunter and Doug Guthrie / The Detroit News

Trenton — Friends and family of a terminally ill 7-year-old girl who allegedly was tormented by a neighbor say they have received an outpouring of support from across the world.
    Kathleen Edward, who is the final stages of Huntington's disease, has allegedly been the target of taunts by a woman who lives across the street. The woman, Jennifer Petkov, told Fox 2 Detroit that she posted pictures on Facebook depicting the little girl's face above a set of crossbones. The page has since been removed.

Another Facebook photo shows Kathleen's mother, Laura, who died last year of Huntington's disease at age 24, in the arms of the grim reaper.
    "We're aware of the situation and are looking into it," said Trenton Deputy Police Chief James Nardone. "This has been ongoing for quite some time."
    Efforts to reach Petkov by phone and in person this afternoon were unsuccessful.
    Michelle Yerigian, 42, a longtime friend of the family, said she alerted the media about Petkov's alleged taunts.
    "I don't understand how people could spew such hatred," Yerigian said. "They had a truck with a coffin on it; the police came by and finally had them take the coffin off. (Petkov) would pull up in the truck, rev up the engine, and say to Kathleen, 'I can't wait until you die.' When I saw what she posted on Facebook, I almost threw up. I'm totally dumbfounded."
    Yerigian, whose 18-year-old daughter was killed in a car accident two years ago, said her 10-year-old son saw the coffin on the truck and was confused.
    "He looked at that truck, shook his head, and said, 'I don't understand it.' He won't get that image out of his head. It broke my heart. I told him, 'You just have to pray for some people.'"Since the story aired on Fox 2 Detroit, at least three Facebook pages supporting the little girl have been started. Yerigian said she and Kathleen's family have since been contacted by dozens of people.
    "We've heard from people from the U.K., Germany, Minnesota — it's incredible," she said.
    Yerigian has organized a rally to support Kathleen from 3-8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 23.
    "This isn't about trying to get revenge," Yerigian said. "We're telling people not to do anything stupid."

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:34 AM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

you've got to see this to believe it

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Sometimes I think there is no hope for humanity. How do people in the year 2010 behave this way?

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Michigan Woman Apologizes for Taunting Dying Girl
    News by Mark Berman Opposing Views
    (6 Hours Ago) in Health / Conditions

A Michigan woman, who posted pictures online that taunt a dying girl, has apologized for her actions. It's the ugly culmination of a feud that started with a birthday party snub.

Seven-year-old Kathleen Edward is in the final stages of Huntington's disease -- the same disease that killed her mother last year at age 24. A neighbor named Jennifer Petkov marked that death, as well as Kathleen's impending and tragic demise, by posting nasty photos on her Facebook page.

It seems Petkov was angry that her children were not invited to Kathleen's birthday party two years ago. So she tried to invite herself, according to Kathleen's new stepmother, 19-year-old Gabrielle Edward.
    “Kathleen’s grandmother had a birthday party, and Jennifer sent a message asking if her kids could come over to play,” Gabrielle Edward said. “(Kathleen’s grandmother) apparently didn’t respond quickly enough; that’s where it all started.”

After Kathleen's mother died last year, Petkov drove their pickup truck -- which had the message "Death Machine" and had a coffin attached to it -- up and down the street, honking the horn.

That was bad enough, but now Kathleen's father, 26-year-old Robert Edward, said he has had enough.

“Just leave us alone; that’s all we want. Don’t make any more comments about our daughter.” He added, “You have to understand how angry we are. The police told us they were shocked that we haven’t gone over there and beat the hell out of her. But there’s more important things to deal with, like our daughter. She’s hanging in there. We have hospice at our home every week, and that’s a lot to deal with on its own.”

Even Petkov has apparently realized her actions are reprehensible, apologizing to the family.
    “What I did was ignorant and wrong and I would walk right across this street now and apologize, if it weren’t for the PPO (personal protection order issued against her earlier by a court),” Petkov said. “I’m not proud of myself because this went from a neighborhood dispute to a huge thing.”

Petkov's husband Scott said that his wife’s “brutal honesty” has caused his family to “not get along with a lot of people.” It also could cost him his job -- Scott Petkov was suspended with pay from his job as a forklift repairman over all of this, and could be fired.

"My husband is a good person and I hope he doesn’t lose his job. I hope our family doesn’t lose his job. I’m the bad person,” Jennifer Petkov said Friday. “I feel horrible for what I’ve said and done. That little girl shouldn’t have had to lose her mom like that and she shouldn’t have to lose her life either. I just hope she didn’t see those pictures.”

Police are looking into the incident to see if any laws were broken and if an arrest is warranted.
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Can we just fire bomb Detroit? Seriously.

If the Red Wings win the cup again, don't try to stop the riots. Just let them burn the city down.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow... that leaves me speechless. I can't believe people. Everyday I ask myself when people are gonna snap and just go crazy... It's like there's this seething, nasty undertone to so much in the world.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Talk about heartless. How very, very sad.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Sad...so sad.

These kind of stories keep coming, eating away at my faith in humanity.

Jennifer Petkov is an awful human being.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:14 AM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

so many people get murdered in Detroit every year, and this stupid bitch couldn't catch a bullet? Where do we find this stupid fuckers?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

She's a cunt. To anyone that is offended by that word, tough shit. She's a cunt.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Some people need a major ass-kicking. Fucking, stupid neighbor.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

It seems to me that Petkov is only apologizing after the realization her husband could lose his job. While she represents the despicable side of humanity, I feel she isn't worthy of our attention. I'm sure she'll get what's coming to her.

I'm impressed with Robert Edward, the father, for showing incredible restraint in not retaliating in some way. It makes me want to drive there and beat the shit out of this scum for him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kathleen and her family.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

I heard about this. What a sick thing to do.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aceface9 View Post
    It seems to me that Petkov is only apologizing after the realization her husband could lose his job. While she represents the despicable side of humanity, I feel she isn't worthy of our attention. I'm sure she'll get what's coming to her.

I'm impressed with Robert Edward, the father, for showing incredible restraint in not retaliating in some way. It makes me want to drive there and beat the shit out of this scum for him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kathleen and her family.
    As he said, dealing with a dying child after losing her mother has put enough on his plate that he doesn't have the time or the energy. I agree, it would seem she is only doing this to save her husband's job. Let's hope it works because I really don't want some piece of trash like this being supported by taxes dollars if he does lose his job. There is so much outrage, I wouldn't be surprised if something awful doesn't happen to them.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unfricking believable. How can you get that freaking angry?