Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

U.S. ARMY

Ok

Im going through my mail.

Low and behold the government gives a shit in some kind of way.
    It states this on the certifcate or recognition what have you.

"To this we declare SSG CANEDO has served his country right. A dedicated soldier.
    Remembering no matter what the odds are he shall never fail his comrades and for the love of GOD, he left no MAN behind"

below it's signed by my LT that i served with in Desert Storm 90-91.

In a letter that came with it. It states that I am officially Retired. My pension will kick in after 20 years with retro pay. I officially got out in 2006- I went in 1986 And went to the Special Forces in 89 wearing and carrying the 101st Airborne Wings. I have 2 years of inactive Ready Ready Reserve, because i was pardoned during Bushes FUCKED UP WAR and was given state side cause my dad was sick over a stroke and died in 2005. I get the Honorable Discharge and recogonition. I have all the medals and Heartache of which some of you don't don't know

Let me say this....

I was lucky...having raised my boys Jordan and Blake on my own, was a tuff battle. Serving at that time was even more challenging. Having my DAD leave me at that time was even harder... I come from a family of military... I don't wish that on my Boys...even though my son Blake want's to supersede me..

I will tell you a joke but it's funny to me..

I come from a chain of millitary...

My grandfather was with the 11th Airborne Division
    My Dad was with the 82nd and the 11th Airborne Division

Me and my dad were butting heads when i first went in, he said " You better get with the 82nd, they would like you...

Well since him and I werent seeing eye to eye at that time, One of buddys convince me to go with him and I rolled with the 101st.

I called my dad days before we were ready to leave Saudia Arabia, and he tells me we have a huge flag sitting on the top of the house to welcome you home. I was exitited....

I get to my dads house, and i seen the flags

11th Airborne big 12x12
    82nd Airborne big 12x12
    and i laughed when i saw it

one inch by one inch of the screaming eagles flag of the 101st

he gave me beer and said welcome home son

Though it's just a memory, I remember it everyday. getting the News i heard will enhance my motivation to Cabo, cause life does go on, and I will exercise that right. My dad was right in a lot of ways. He got were I am. and were I will be.

The book that i wrote, or rather trying to get out , tells the tales of what really happened then. I know, now no one cares, it's my memoires. I have to live with it. I know what happened then, what escallated to today...

Sometimes things happen for a reason, not sure why, but I will be sure to ask GOD when i get there...

He has a US PARATROOPER (that's me) on his hands.

Just thought I'd share my joy! it only took me a few years to get reconized....

I don't care if your Navy, Marine, Airforce, or Army

We all stand as one

I was selfish when it happened in 90-91 damn me for it .......I saw a lot of Blood. and saw people fall or die I hope to GOD he forgives me..and I know I will have to face the Big Man for that, but i was doing my job.

But i know now, that not only was I lucky, but enough to come back in live...

Hail to the 101st Airborne Division....

I hope you remember me, of who I am....

You could close this up if you would like
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

God bless you, warrior. Thank you for your service. Sounds to me like you have a "Rendesvouz With Destiny" at Cabo. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by C5A1B5O0 View Post
    Ok

Im going through my mail.

Low and behold the government gives a shit in some kind of way.
    Hey, the Government has a heart. Darth Cheney doesn't, but the Government does.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

I only have 2 words for you.....'Thank you!!!!!!!!'.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Once, Cathedral, Poundcake
    Last Online

10.11.14 @ 03:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks to you and all those like you who defend and serve this country.
    Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants; I'm here before you to stand behind you To tell you something I know nothing about... ~Sammy Hagar

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...LSe/weight.png

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Don't mean to drag this happy moment to a low, but I was wondering if you knew this man? Lt. Col. Robert F. Baldwin.

He's from my home area. I'll just post the link, instead of hte whole story, that was people can read it if they feel like it.

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=512464

http://qctimes.com/news/local/articl...aign=hottopics
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Without doubt, it is because of guys like you Metal Marc, Snic and Wray that we can live free lives. Thank you doesn't seem enough but know you have my respect and gratitude and I hope your retirement is everything you wish it to be, filled with the happiness you deserve for your service.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Those who wear the uniform are better and braver persons than I. You are one of those people, C5A1B5O0.

When I thank someone for my freedom, it is never a politician, never a president, but a serviceman (or woman). So again....thank you for all you have done.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    Without doubt, it is because of guys like you Metal Marc, Snic and Wray that we can live free lives. Thank you doesn't seem enough but know you have my respect and gratitude and I hope your retirement is everything you wish it to be, filled with the happiness you deserve for your service.
    Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Those who wear the uniform are better and braver persons than I. You are one of those people, C5A1B5O0.

When I thank someone for my freedom, it is never a politician, never a president, but a serviceman (or woman). So again....thank you for all you have done.
    Here, here. What they said X10...thank you, brother...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Don't mean to drag this happy moment to a low, but I was wondering if you knew this man? Lt. Col. Robert F. Baldwin.

He's from my home area. I'll just post the link, instead of hte whole story, that was people can read it if they feel like it.

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=512464

http://qctimes.com/news/local/articl...aign=hottopics
    Im sorry, but i don't recall him. I Looked through all my albums, and couldn't find him...He sounds like an awesome man

Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys are totally awesome....

I wish i could clone you all

Today, I took the day off, and went through my foot locker to see what i have. I took the time to get my dress blues out and truly i haven't pulled them out since 1999.

I'll have to upload a picture sometime this weekend so you guys can see it...

What suprised me was how nice it really looked... Shit I really took care of it.

As i looked the medals heres' what is on it

The silver cross Badge
    Good conduct Badge
    All 4 of the Desert storm ribbon's...Even the one King FAHAD gave us in real Gold so that's 5
    Basic training badge
    AIT badge----Advanced Indivual Trainning
    My expert chains that hold my Grenade, M-60-M-16-Flame thrower-and 187th Ordance Corp. chain
    My Jumpmaster Wings ( they look so nice) I miss the C-5 I jumped 49 during my era
    My Air Assuat Wings ( I miss the blackhawk) I have 60 repels
    My Jungle training Badge ( Damn FT Benning and there swamps)
    My Staff Sergant Stripes
    My Original Dog Tags (given to me on 12/25/86) Ft Jackson NC
    My " This Will Defend" Badge
    My "Honor Guard Rope".....On the left side of my jacket it's white and red
    and lastly my U.S. Pendant that was awarded to me when i got back from Desert Storm... I got this from Chief Grottollo, retired.

As i look at the uniform, i took so much time then to make sure it was right

On my left shoulder it has the patch of the sword and the 3 lighting bolts going through it. above it has the american flag

the right shoulder has the screaming eagle patch, with the Special Forces and Air Assualt sewed on it

The rest is just full of dust, i have to take it too the cleaners, cause i feel a need to display it..

To all of you..... I want to say thank you....your kind words mean alot, i wish some day i could meet you all or let alone have dinner with you someday. or maybe come down to Cabo when i settle in....

Yea it's been a helluva journey..

But i have only just begun

Thanks for all your quotes, responses, feedback. I mean you don't know how much that means to me...

It really helps and by me saying thank you would be selfish.....but since i served and went the distance, well...

Your Welcome