Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Usher

Ok you know what, my wife and i were chatting, mods move as you will, but this piece of Dog shit not only took over or tried to dance like Micheal Jackson but sang Stevie Wonders "That Girl" song on youtube. Now support me on this.....

Does this guy really have a purpose?

My babygirl sent me the link and i was fused! This wanna be?

When My future bride said yes to me, I played this song in low volume and she said yes, but HELL does this guy need attention???????

I saw him on the video awards. and saw Micheals moves...this guy sucked doing it, because it was a recap of that era.... Bille Jean- Beat It

BUT DUDE

USHER! if your reading this or your roadies or whatever you got going on

Give it a rest....

Don't duplicate whats already there.... Stevie Wonder's Legacy is set..not U

Sorry had to vent

Im sure "THAT GIRL" meant well...but man....is the industry that bad that you have to do covers and sing it STUPID?

It didnt sound right nor was his...mmmm UmmmmHmmm uhh huhh uhh mmmm Stevie never said that!

Stevie never did it that way nor was it recorded that way in the studio nor live!

Become what your name is USHER....

move on!

No Hate. like i said, man
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

yup, let's put this this in music....Usher?....you are talking about the singer and not the dude at the movie theatre, right?......cause I REALLY hate the kid at the movie theatre....sure he only gets paid minimum wage, but he does get to see all the recent releases but do you think he'd tell anyone to shut up? or ask the lady with the crying baby to step outside... NOPE

but I think you're talking about the singer

so Ima gonna let you finish.....but Ima gonna let you finish this here in music

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanx miss daisy

Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok...

Feed back on this....

I mean he has an ok voice, don't know what they see in him.

BUt
    He is NO by no means a STEVIE WONDER

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I believe that after VH Fans Meeting Place, in brackets it says (MUSIC ONLY).
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

I like him.

There are so many more talentless hacks whose schticks are so much worse than his. I kinda dig what he does.

That's just me.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

apparently no one here is sharing your dislike of Usher (or your tequila)

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's ok Daisy

I was just venting. More tequila for me

Wanna Shot?
    Last edited by C5A1B5O0; 09.29.10 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Mispell

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Don't know much about him or his catalog but I do know Yeah! is still one of the all-time best club tunes. I'd put it right up there with the best from our day....OPP, It Takes Two, Jump Around, etc.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

Don't know much about him except he was on the cover of a fitness magazine once and the dude is ripped!
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

No doubt the guy is talented in regards to his feet and his moves.

But it's not music, imo. Anything that is 80% composed on a computer is not music to me.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

I think the guy is an amazing talent.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I think the guy is an amazing talent.
    I have to agree with this.

Mitch, I don't buy into the whole "it isn't music" argument. It sounds elitist and petty. Far as I'm concerned, the man knows something about his craft. Instead of just putting shit together and making a random hodgepodge of beats together and calling it a song (like a lot of modern artists do), he puts a lot of time and effort into making a legit song.

His songs have a very solid rhythm and he has staying power for a reason. Clubs and other places have been playing "Yeah!" for years now (I think it came out in '03?). Now, "OMG" will be on that same playlist. Even if it is computerized, it's a much more complicated art than people give it credit for.

Just because you don't care for the style doesn't mean it isn't music, Mitch. That just seems incredibly shallow.

If there's one thing I've learned in a month of college, it's accepting some modern pop/hip-hop for what it is. Sure a lot of it IS tasteless, but a lot of it is better than I ever gave it credit for being. Usher is one of those artists, probably the top of the list.
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 09.29.10 at 02:53 PM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    I have to agree with this.

Mitch, I don't buy into the whole "it isn't music" argument. It sounds elitist and petty. Far as I'm concerned, the man knows something about his craft. Instead of just putting shit together and making a random hodgepodge of beats together and calling it a song (like a lot of modern artists do), he puts a lot of time and effort into making a legit song.

His songs have a very solid rhythm and he has staying power for a reason. Clubs and other places have been playing "Yeah!" for years now (I think it came out in '03?). Now, "OMG" will be on that same playlist. Even if it is computerized, it's a much more complicated art than people give it credit for.

Just because you don't care for the style doesn't mean it isn't music, Mitch. That just seems incredibly shallow.

If there's one thing I've learned in a month of college, it's accepting some modern pop/hip-hop for what it is. Sure a lot of it IS tasteless, but a lot of it is better than I ever gave it credit for being. Usher is one of those artists, probably the top of the list.
    I never said I don't care for the style, Zach. I can listen and tolerate almost any type of music. I've grown to like certain hip-hop and rap tunes over the past couple years. Would I prefer to listen to rock? Duh. But I can tolerate almost anything.

I have absolutely no problem with Usher. He's one of the few hip-hop artists I actually respect and can tolerate listening to. Also, those two songs you mentioned;I actually like them. Especially OMG which has a damn good groove.

But to ME, it's not MUSIC. That's not a knock on the talent of Usher or the computer whiz's who put together the beats on the album. But like I said, it's not music to me.

Music is something ORGANIC. Something that comes from the soul and the heart not something that comes from a computer. Pounding keys on a keyboard doesn't require any soul. Neither does sampling drum beats from other artists. It requires...."training."
    Last edited by MF5150; 09.29.10 at 03:56 PM.

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back in the day, when Mixed music such as records back in the early 80's i grew up on how to DJ. The whole coffin box mixer records behind me and watching our Production mix and watch people dance. Mixing then seemed so original and yes we at the time rock the house. Clubs where sold out, backyard parties got broken up early cause people were having so much fun they got to loud and we turned up the music. I can relate to the whole sit in the studio and add a song to song without taking something from what they made 20 years ago. Our shit was original mixes on records and recorded on tapes and from what i understand most of the crew i hung out with in LA put on CD's. I have 8 of the original Cassesttes i made and transfered them to a CD.

Now, the point i was making last night was I am not taking anything away from USHER. I just feel he should be original. All that background shit he puts is something from what someone else did. ORIGINALITY is were im going. Not Micheal Jackson Moves on the Music Awards. Not borrowing lyrics and singing it in his way...

Too me...thats not original

That's copying...fabrication to sell off what was already popular..

I too have heard his songs in clubs and the crowd goes bonkers when they here it

I think it's the liquor, hell i would dance to "Happy Days" if i was that drunk, and most of the clubs in the bay area have proven my point.

Im sure every artist does run out of ideas, but i guess taken a classic to your own personal gain is what makes them successful

I don't listen to any of USHERS music not just for that reason, it just doesn't jive me. Most of the artist out there sound better to me cause the way they put it together. Hell, I probably sound hypocritcal at this point, because those artist sound better than the original

This is just my opinion folks.....I was just disturbed that he duplicated a song and it wasn't Stevie Wonders voice.