Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Obama: Fox News is 'destructive' to America and moves forward to outlaw Fox.

Obama: Fox News is 'destructive' to America
    By:CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) - President Obama is pulling no punches when it comes to Fox News, declaring the cable news outlet to be "destructive to [America's] long-term growth."

In a more than 8,000-word interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, Obama compared the cable news channel to papers owned by William Randolph Hearst at the turn of the 20th century that unabashedly pushed the media titan's own political views.

"You had folks like Hearst who used their newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox is part of that tradition – it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view," Obama told the magazine.

Officials in the Obama White House have long made Fox News a punching bag, launching a full blown offensive last year when aides declared the network to be "opinion journalism masquerading as news." Then-White House Communications Director Anita Dunn said the cable outlet "operates almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party," and top aide Valerie Jarret called Fox "clearly biased."

But the new comments from Obama constitute the president's most direct attack yet on the network owned by business mogul Rupert Murdoch.

Fox News pushes "a point of view that I disagree with. It's a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world," Obama said.

"But as an economic enterprise, it's been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number one concern is, it's that Fox is very successful."

Fox has yet to respond to the president. But during the administration offensive against the network last year, network spokesman Michael Clemente slammed the White House for continuing "to declare war on a news organization instead of focusing on the critical issues that Americans are concerned about."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...merica/?hpt=T2
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I missed the part where he's moving forward to outlaw them.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    I didn't see it either but Fox News is no more biased than MSNBC or CNN so if you are going to ban one you may as well ban them all.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

I think some of the criticism of Fox is warranted, but most of it is not. The left sees Fox as some kind of bogeyman that is out with this systematic agenda to push right-wing policy.

Unfortunately, Fox has done some things over the years to actually make that truer than it once was: giving Hannity his own show without replacing Colmes; trying out Laura Ingraham with her own show: making Glenn Beck a poster boy; signing on Huckabee, Palin et. al. They are more right wing than they ever have been, which is unfortunate purely from a news standpoint, but obviously from a marketing standpoint it works out pretty well.

As far as the President's comments, he is doing what all good lefties should do right now and that is marginalize anyone that can challenge him. As usual, good politics make for shitty discourse.
    Anonymous for fear of fatwa

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post

Ummmm yeah. Me too.

I saw him say he didn't prefer it and gave an opinion that it was destructive to America (which is stupidly absurd, but we're all entitled to our opinions).

Title misnomer!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts

Premium Member

The big reason why FOX is so much more successful than MSNBC and CNN is because anybody with a center-right or conservative viewpoint is going to watch FOX because the other two networks cater to the center-left/liberal POV. Therefore those two networks split the viewer ship of their base compared to FOX having a monopoly over theirs.

Does FOX have a hidden agenda? Sure but so do MSNBC and CNN. Personally I tend to watch all three so I can get three different opinions on a topic of interest.

Anyway Olbermann and Meadows are no different than Hannity and O"reilly when it comes to being biased. They are divisive to anybody with a differing opinion so Obama should look at them too. However he won't because they cater to his base so it's all good

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

the "and moves forward to outlaw Fox." was added for minor humor sake...

hence the real header in the actual post...

sheesh people...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    The big reason why FOX is so much more successful than MSNBC and CNN is because anybody with a center-right or conservative viewpoint is going to watch FOX because the other two networks cater to the center-left/liberal POV. Therefore those two networks split the viewer ship of their base compared to FOX having a monopoly over theirs.

Does FOX have a hidden agenda? Sure but so do MSNBC and CNN. Personally I tend to watch all three so I can get three different opinions on a topic of interest.

Anyway Olbermann and Meadows are no different than Hannity and O"reilly when it comes to being biased. They are divisive to anybody with a differing opinion so Obama should look at them too. However he won't because they cater to his base so it's all good
    Great post. Sums it up.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    the "and moves forward to outlaw Fox." was added for minor humor sake...

hence the real header in the actual post...

sheesh people...
    Then the headline should have been...
    Obama: Fox News is 'destructive' to America and moves forward have Glen Beck Deported
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

I love this idea that CNN and MSNBC, or any news station other than FOX, is somehow leftist. Apart from a couple hours in the evening on MSNBC, all news stations are corporately owned by only a handful of people. The only interest news (or the media) today have is to ensure the continuing power grab of the wealth in this country and the suppression of facts that could compromise that wealth - which is anything but leftist. The right has successfully been able to tag the term "Mainstream Media" in to a leftist ideal and justifies the extreme views from Fox as a way to "balance" the media.

Don't believe me? Here are just a few examples of how BIG money in wars, insurance, pharma, and banking get more favorable coverage on ALL networks.

-We were convinced that the banks needed to be bailed out with tax payer money... then they got bigger bonuses last year than they did in 2007. Instead, we should have nationalized them and forced them to behave responsibly.
    -Compare the amount of coverage on ALL networks of the Tea Party rallies to the coverage of millions who protested the Iraq War in 2003.
    -The Health Care debate was dominated by lies from the likes of Sarah Palin via Facebook who ridiculously said there would be death panels. Tea baggers at town hall meetings got their screaming faces planted on the nightly news for weeks if not months... while examples of the success of every other industrialized country who OUTLAWS for-profit health insurance as your primary insurance hardly ever got mentioned. Thanks to the media's efforts, Obama et. al. wilted on the public option. This, even when 70% of the population wanted a public option.
    -Although Chris Matthews seems like a cheerleader for Obama (who is a corporatist president), he was a huge proponent of the Iraq War and had his buddy Tom Delay on countless times - even after he was indicted.
    -The New York Times (a liberal rag - really?) gave first page articles to Judith Miller who wrote of Yellow Cake and them scary terrorists if we didn't go to war with Iraq.... btw, those war protests were relegated to a paragraph and buried on page A23.
    - And honestly, compare the media outrage the tea parties (funded by the uber rich Koch Brothers) are having over deficits while their hero Dick Cheney said "deficits don't matter."
    - Phil Donahue had a pretty leftist show on MSNBC at one time, but he got cancelled. And it wasn't because of ratings.
    - Conservative voices significantly outnumber progressive or leftist voices on the Sunday talk shows (that's ABC, CBS, and NBC).
    -Even PBS news gives favorable coverage to wealthy elite.

Anyway, that's my rant. I just can't see how anyone could honestly believe that a corporately controlled media, which includes what, five or six stations tops, would have any interest other than to concentrate their wealth.
    Last edited by gabby gabbster; 09.28.10 at 10:51 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Obama should stop doing interviews and all that B.S. and get back to something he's good at, screwing over hard working contributors, not prosecuting any minorities and generally fucking up a great country! Now get back to work, AH.........there's still a few individuals who have wealth.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post

I'd love an unbiased newscast....how refreshing would that be?
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fox News doesn't bother me - what bothers me (and scares me), are the bonesheads who watch it.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas_kudochop View Post
    Fox News doesn't bother me - what bothers me (and scares me), are the bonesheads who watch it.
    I am happy and honored to both bother and scare you.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

CNN is pretty bad, but Fox is still without a doubt the worst I have ever seen.