Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default The Government is Not On Your Side Example # 5234 - Arlington Cemetary

I'm going to warn you first:

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE HAVING A NICE DAY, HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, OR ARE PRONE TO VIOLENT FITS

http://www.burnpit.us/2010/09/father...ne-the-horror/

On September 15, 2010 at around 0800 in the morning, a family makes their way into Arlington National Cemetery for the Disinterment of a Marine Private killed by an IED in Al Anbar Province Iraq on 22 November 2006 killing him and two others.

As they stood at the grave site, a forklift arrives to raise a coffin from the vault that had interred it for nearly four years. Arlington knew at this point that the vault and coffin had been opened. When the family became aware of this action, an unsettling air of distrust settled upon the gathering. The father yells “you lied” as family members hold and calm him. The father already marred and angry by the uncooperative atmosphere and insensitivity of Arlington’s leadership; his grief now changes to anger. Another promise broken! Arlington, to seemingly cover their asses had breached the coffin the night before to ensure the Marine Private and the dog tags were in the assigned plot.

With a rotting corpse and the putrid stench of death permeating the air, a worker removes a dog tag from the coffin lid, wipes off the dirt, and hands it to the father. The forklift begins to raise the coffin; putrid water begins streaming out and those in attendance gasp as the fear of body parts falling from the unstable casket grips them.
    It gets worse...

His adrenalin already maxed and because of Arlington’s ineptness, the father instinctively jumps onto the truck in his dress clothes despite the rancid odor. The father begins digging through the water soaked; stench filled rotting dismembered remains of his son, in search of the severed arm with a tattoo on it. Meanwhile the Funeral Director is standing to the side, gagging. The father looks at the Funeral Director and tells him, “Get over here and do your job!”

Arlington’s assistance during this time consisted of providing him with latex gloves. The father removes his rancid dress gloves used in digging through the soupy carnage and discards them in the trash. He also removes his jacket, hat and sunglasses, and continues to search for the missing arm. This arm with the tattoo would positively confirm that the unrecognizable severely decomposed corpse was his son’s. The father still searching as he inhales the pungent stench of rotting flesh discovers for the first time since his son’s death, that only a torso, arm, and leg were there.

Finally, after frantically searching the carnage, the arm is found under the torso with the tattoo mostly intact. The father in a gesture of love carefully and gently wipes away the dirt. He verifies his son. The veil of doubt is lifted. His son now placed in a new casket, the family looks on as the Private is reinterred, and now all are at peace.
    I'm sure there is a logical explaination for all of this...if you logic condones stupidity at a transevolutional level unparalleled in biological history.

This isn't treason but it should be.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

I admire this father. You never really know until you walk in those shoes, but I'm pretty confident I'd have done the same thing for my son.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:14 PM
    Liked 787 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

Extremely sad when what was once considered the most hallowed ground in the USA has now (and especially since 9/11 and our perpetual state of warfare) turned into what evidently amounts to a waste dump for our war dead. I've heard terrible unspeakable things of Arlington Cemetery these days.
    Says a great deal about the care and consideration given by the US Government for those people making the ultimate sacrifice for it. Atrocious.

God bless the soldiers and their families.

We're all being lied to.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I'll keep it simple: It's another government-run operation.

What is to be expected?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 2,232 Times in 1,350 Posts

I don't believe it solely the fact that it is a government organization that is to blame....there are funeral homes all over the country where remains are mistreated...it happened in Toledo.... there are cemeteries where occupied plots are resold, that happened in one of Chicagos most historic cemeteries.....and in Georgia where the woods were littered with the discarded bodies of dozens of bodies that a funeral home failed to properly bury? heartbreaking

It is the act of disrespectful, greedy, lazy PEOPLE....it is individuals who just don't give a damn that make this kind of thing happen

the author of that article had very good points and a plan on how to handle the situation that should be carefully looked at.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I don't believe it solely the fact that it is a government organization that is to blame....there are funeral homes all over the country where remains are mistreated...
    Yes, BUT - There ONCE WAS, and should still remain a HIGHER STANDARD to those who served and died doing so, or died later in life after doing so...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a horrible thing for a parent to go through. I can't begin to imagine but I'm not quite sure why we continue to bury people. Cremation is not against the Christian religions of the world (at least I don't think it is) since you are only hurrying the process of returning the body to ashes. I personally feel the whole funeral home/cemetary business is a huge rip off. I would much prefer to have my loved ones in a little jar sitting on my mantle than rotting away in some grave. That whole idea totally creeps me out and I have made it very clear to my family to burn me as soon as they get the chance after I pass away. Then I hope they have a nice Irish wake afterwards, do a few shots in my honor and are done with it. If later on, they don't want to be bothered with the jar, that's cool too. Let the ashes blow in the wind. I won't be around so let them float into the passing breeze.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.