Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Dallas Tornado- Texas Linkers you OK?

Dallas, Texas (CNN) -- At least four tornadoes spawned by Tropical Depression Hermine touched down in and around Dallas, Texas, on Wednesday evening, sending up debris and swirling around buildings.

Sirens went off in downtown Dallas as one funnel cloud was spotted in Cockrell Hill southwest of downtown, according to CNN affiliate WFAA.

One tornado was reported in Ellis County and three in Dallas County, according to CNN meteorologist Taylor Ward.

Aerial footage from the area showed buildings in an industrial complex with walls knocked down and roofs blown off. One tractor-trailer truck in a parking lot had the trailer's roof caved in by concrete blocks blown from a nearby building.

Are you there? Send your photos, videos to iReport

"Tornadoes are a common phenomenon on the eastern side of landfalling tropical systems due to increased turning of the winds with height or vertical wind shear," Ward said.

Video: CNN reporter: Tornado was surreal

Video: Hermine soaks San Antonio
    RELATED TOPICS
    Hurricanes and Cyclones
    Mexico
    Galveston
    Rescue workers across central and north Texas, meanwhile, plucked people stranded by fast-rising floodwater dumped by Hermine as it slogged northward.

At least one motorist in Austin was missing.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry directed the activation of state search-and-rescue capabilities, bringing in swift-water rescue teams, UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters and other resources.

"I urge all Texans to realize the dangers of crossing flooded roadways and respect the barricades put in place by officials to protect Texans' lives," Perry said in a written statement.

Forecasters had said most parts of central and eastern Texas and Oklahoma could receive 4 to 6 inches of rain, but the numbers for some parts of Texas were staggering.

Before the bulk of the storm moved out of Texas, Georgetown had received 13.2 inches of rain Wednesday, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Hydrometeorological Center. Cedar Park had received 12.9 inches; Anderson Mill, 12.7 inches; Killeen, 11.6 inches; and Austin, 11.4 inches. Fort Worth had recorded 6.8 inches of rain, San Antonio, 6.7 inches and Houston, 4.4 inches.

Aerial images showed scores of flooded streets and some rescues in Dallas.

Portions of Austin had endured 15 inches of rain, and a middle-age motorist was missing after her car was washed away, Emergency Management spokeswoman Reyne Telles said. The car was found.

Thirty-two roads were closed, and an engineer from the watershed department said this could be a 250-year event, Telles told CNN.

"I haven't seen anything like this happen here before," said an employee at a County Line BBQ location near Bull Creek. "One of the boat docks washed away, and there are boats and cars stranded in the river." The restaurant was closed Wednesday but may reopen Thursday. The employee asked not to be identified.

As of 5 p.m. ET, Hermine was about 135 miles (215 kilometers) southwest of Oklahoma City. It had maximum sustained winds of 25 mph (40 kph) and was moving at 12 mph (19 kph).

By late afternoon, radar showed the rain was centered on eastern Oklahoma, with a line extending down to the Mexican border in eastern Texas.

"Additional rainfall amounts of 3 to 6 Inches with localized higher amounts can be expected through Thursday from eastern Texas and Oklahoma into Missouri and Arkansas," the National Hurricane Center said. Flash flood or flood warnings were in effect for much of those states.

Meanwhile, newly formed Tropical Storm Igor was bringing "squally" weather to the Cape Verde Islands on Wednesday, the National Hurricane Center said.

Track Tropical Storm Igor

As of 4 p.m. ET, the center of Igor was about 75 miles (120 kilometers) south-southwest of Praia in the Cape Verde Islands. It had maximum sustained winds of 45 mph (72 kph) and was moving west at 6 mph (9 kph). The storm is expected to slowly strengthen over the next 48 hours, with a slight turn to the west-northwest and an increase in forward speed.

A tropical storm watch was in effect for the southern Cape Verde Islands, including Maio, Sao Tiago, Fogo and Brava. Tropical storm conditions were possible in those locations in 12 to 24 hours, forecasters said.

Tropical storm-force winds extended about 50 miles from Igor's center.

Forecast maps show Igor becoming a Category 2 hurricane early next week over the open Atlantic.

CNN's Sean Morris contributed to this report.
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

one touched down not far from me, the sirens were LOUD!! we got a mattress in the hallway just in case. didnt need it though!! Thank God!!

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn Bless You for surving....I know most of them probably have internet down. but dam i was worried when i saw the clips... i really hope everyone is ok.....

I thought it was bizzare for Dallas to have Twisters... I didn't know that dropped on your neck of the woods..

KT and all the gang I hope all is well!

Hope your all ok...

Go undergrounds and take the family to safety!!!!

Bay Area is not doing to good either, im sure clouds are coming to LA... not that it matters, but im hoping everyone is safe.

Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

01.06.11 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hope everyone's ok!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanRoth07 View Post
    one touched down not far from me, the sirens were LOUD!! we got a mattress in the hallway just in case. didnt need it though!! Thank God!!
    Glad you are ok. All that stuff is headed up to OK here. Hopefully its a quiet night.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

04.27.16 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hope everyone is alright! I was Denton at the time and we didn't even have any dark clouds.
    ***OFFCIAL TLW 8 VIRGIN/SURVIVOR!***

"Mean ass calendar!"-TST

"GYPSY DILDO PUNKS!"-Harry Dean Stanton

I'm Polish but I don't speak any of the language or know anything about it's culture other than getting mowed down by Hitler...-fast98dodge

My head is freshly shaven and I have cleaned the house before my departure-Viking preparing for TLW

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SNIC View Post
    Glad you are ok. All that stuff is headed up to OK here. Hopefully its a quiet night.

Did you guys get through the night okay?

"Mean ass calendar!"-TST

I'm Polish but I don't speak any of the language or know anything about it's culture other than getting mowed down by Hitler...-fast98dodge

My head is freshly shaven and I have cleaned the house before my departure-Viking preparing for TLW

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLassy View Post
    Did you guys get through the night okay?
    Yeah, we just had a steady rain the whole time. It was quiet nice.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

We were sitting at Gordon Biersch, about 2 miles from the tornado touchdown, having some cold ones and watching the action on TV. This particular bar has huge glass walls backing the bar up and I knew it wasn't the smartest place to be, but the beer was nice and cold, so I just had another and another and another. Next thing I knew, forgot totally about the weather!!
    Nothing to see here.

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmac View Post
    We were sitting at Gordon Biersch, about 2 miles from the tornado touchdown, having some cold ones and watching the action on TV. This particular bar has huge glass walls backing the bar up and I knew it wasn't the smartest place to be, but the beer was nice and cold, so I just had another and another and another. Next thing I knew, forgot totally about the weather!!
    That's what makes us Human's Being!

Glad your ok after having them cold ones!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Glad you fared well.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm glad you're all okay! It was funny because Sisca texted me to see if I was okay, and I didn't even know there was a tornado warning LOL!

"Mean ass calendar!"-TST

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLassy View Post
    I'm glad you're all okay! It was funny because Sisca texted me to see if I was okay, and I didn't even know there was a tornado warning LOL!
    See what I mean. He not only will deliver his sausage and balls right to your door, but also the weather report right to your phone.

What a guy!

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Tornadoes and huge glass walls vs tall, cold ones.

It's not even a fair fight.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SNIC View Post
    See what I mean. He not only will deliver his sausage and balls right to your door, but also the weather report right to your phone.

What a guy!
    LOL for real! I'm depending on that guy to alert me of bad weather from now on because I didn't even know there was any until he texted

"Mean ass calendar!"-TST