Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

2010 US Open fight video

If the action on the courts at the 2010 U.S. Open isnít enough for you then check out the action in the stands. During the Novak Djokovic, Philipp Petzschner match, a heated argument began to brew into a fight between three spectators sitting in section 187. After the two parties squabbled back and forth for a little while it seemed for a moment that everything was settled as they began to retake their seats.

The younger of the two men sat down in his end of the row seat, and began to refocus his attention on the match, and thatís when the grey haired fellow saw his opportunity to take a cheap shot, and tried to strangle him (I think in slow motion). Within a split second the young man tackled his attacker into the lower level seats, and thatís when other spectators rushed to break up the brawl. Security arrived shortly after, and in the video we see them listening to the younger dude plead his case.

According to reports, all three of the tennis hooligans have been banned from attending US Open matches for two years. That will teach them to fight at a classy sporting event like Tennis! Save it for the soccer games ya hooligans!

The guy who recorded the U.S. Open fight yelled the following at security around the 2-minute mark of the video:

ďIt was the old guy that attacked you though. Hey I got it on video. Donít worry guy I got you. You were the one who got jumped. I got it on video my friend!Ē

We clearly see who he thinks is in the wrong. Watch the U.S. Open fight video below, and tell us who you think is at blame.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Look, I don't know what was being said, none of us do. Fact is, as a verbal argument, it was fine.

The old guy's in the wrong here. I don't care what was said and it shouldn't matter what was said, apparently the argument was dropped, and the old man went after him. Clearly the old man initiated contact and the kid, as aggressive as it may have been, was defending himself.

That's my take on the whole thing.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

"Tennis hooligans"?

Whooda thunkit?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Betta call a amberlamps!

I'd love to see some creative captioning of this vid. Like the Downfall clips...
    Last edited by VegasVic; 09.03.10 at 03:36 PM.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:42 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Here's a different angle of it where you can hear the conversation better. It sounds like the people in this section were on the woman's side and tired of the F-bombs out of that guy. Personally, I think all 3 are guilty. If the guy was swearing that much and wouldn't stop even when confronted she should have headed straight for an usher. At NFL games there are signs all over telling you to text security if there is an issue and they'll clear it up.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

Whoa... Did she take a swing at the guy at the :10 mark?? The dude just laughed it off...

He might be a foul-mouthed jerk, but once you start taking swings at the guy you've lost the moral high ground.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

i'd like to know what was said right at the end of the conversation. Tough to pass judgement on it without knowing that.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i'd like to know what was said right at the end of the conversation. Tough to pass judgement on it without knowing that.
    The kid said something like "I have teeth".
    It kinda looked like the older guy took fighting lessons from Don Zimmer.
    Just go for it!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

I don't know what he's guaranteeing, but the kid is saying "I guarantee it." over and over.

Not hard for me to pass judgement. The video tells the story. The woman popped him with a right to the jaw... the dude laughed it off, and later said "I can take 20 of those"... Then after the kid sits down and it should be over, Old Man River totters over and tries to make a good story for poker night at the lodge. Instead he ends up on his noggin 3 rows down. The kid took some smackin' around and didn't go off on 'em. He looks like he could have, but he didn't. Again, the guy may be a douche, but I don't think douchery makes assault okay.

The worst part is the mob mentality taking over... That wasn't all security jumping the guy... That was also several guys already heated up over the guys mouth piling on after the fact.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    I don't know what he's guaranteeing, but the kid is saying "I guarantee it." over and over.

Not hard for me to pass judgement. The video tells the story. The woman popped him with a right to the jaw... the dude laughed it off, and later said "I can take 20 of those"... Then after the kid sits down and it should be over, Old Man River totters over and tries to make a good story for poker night at the lodge. Instead he ends up on his noggin 3 rows down. The kid took some smackin' around and didn't go off on 'em. He looks like he could have, but he didn't. Again, the guy may be a douche, but I don't think douchery makes assault okay.

The worst part is the mob mentality taking over... That wasn't all security jumping the guy... That was also several guys already heated up over the guys mouth piling on after the fact.
    in all fairness to the mob, if i see the end of a skirmish between a 20 something year old guy and an older guy, i'm probably gonna grab the young guy too thinking he's the problem.

it sounds like the argument was over the young guy talking during points and he responded with he wasn't and that he has "alot of money on the game" (big tennis fan apparently - the game, lol). Sounds like he's a real douche and the old guy had heard enough and showed some of the world's worst judgement thinking a fight was the way to go. The whole bunch of them probably don't belong at the US Open

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

in all fairness to the mob, if i see the end of a skirmish between a 20 something year old guy and an older guy, i'm probably gonna grab the young guy too thinking he's the problem.
    The mob deserves no fairness and you'd be as wrong as they were. Even after getting the takedown from the old timer, the kid just gets up... Doesn't go after him... just gets up and is standing there. Then he's jumped by some guys. That's assault too. Other than being an inconsiderate potty-mouth, the kid did nothing wrong that I could see. Why would you "grab him" when he's just standing there? Now it's your business?

Then all the tough-guys start shouting to throw him out after security shows up. They're all so outraged but they're just mumbling and grumbling until it's pretty much over. Brave.

If they didn't like what he was doing, they should have complained to someone official and let them take care of it. Not get in his grill and then hit him.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

The mob deserves no fairness and you'd be as wrong as they were. Even after getting the takedown from the old timer, the kid just gets up... Doesn't go after him... just gets up and is standing there. Then he's jumped by some guys. That's assault too. Other than being an inconsiderate potty-mouth, the kid did nothing wrong that I could see. Why would you "grab him" when he's just standing there? Now it's your business?

Then all the tough-guys start shouting to throw him out after security shows up. They're all so outraged but they're just mumbling and grumbling until it's pretty much over. Brave.

If they didn't like what he was doing, they should have complained to someone official and let them take care of it. Not get in his grill and then hit him.
    actually the video starts with people screaming to "throw the bum out".

and the mob stepped him after a shoving match starting with him a woman. I don't think jumping in is at all unreasonable.
    Last edited by It's Mike; 09.03.10 at 06:37 PM.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

actually the video starts with people screaming to "throw the bum out".

and the mob stepped him after a shoving match starting with him a woman. I don't think jumping in is at all unreasonable.
    Yeah, you're right about the shouting at the beginning... Watched it again... I think my annoyance is more at the demands of what to do as if they're in charge. "Well, we gonna let him stay, but since that guy over there shouted over and over to get him outta here, I guess he's gotta go..." They're on it now. Just shut up.

And the shoving match was again started by the woman. She went toward him.

The biggest disappointment of this is that Seinfeld isn't on anymore. Somehow they would have worked this into the show. Frank Costanza as the old man... George or Kramer in there somewhere... It'd be good....
    Last edited by VegasVic; 09.03.10 at 06:44 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

the young guy was a jerk....and that's not illegal....striking someone is....and striking someone is public is really stupid...especially now that everyone has those f'n video cams in their phones...can't get away with anything anymore

she should have just waited until he got up to stretch his legs and stuck her foot out ....barrel rolling down those stadium steps would have done wonders for the young man's disposition

and the old dude was a case of suicidal inclinations.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Whoa... Did she take a swing at the guy at the :10 mark?? The dude just laughed it off...

He might be a foul-mouthed jerk, but once you start taking swings at the guy you've lost the moral high ground.
    yes, she smacked him in the face...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton