Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default Labor Day Weekend 2010

Curious to know what my fellow Linkers have in store for their last Summer Weekend Blowout?

Mine is going back home to attend my brothers Marine retirement party. After nearly 26 years of service, he retired 9/1/10. He rose from private to CWO2. Served our country in things seen, and unseen. During peace and wartime, including three combat tours in the Middle East.

Even though the two of us bumped heads, A LOT, growing up...and still do occasionally, I admire him, I respect him and I stand in awe of him. For as much as we bag on each other, he's my big brother, and I love him.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to post on this Facebook sight, but if you can, drop him a line and tell him thanks...or whatever.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...662733&index=1

He was always unassuming about his service. Never asked for public accolades. I think he finally deserves a round of applause/thanks for always being ready to go.

Just make sure you put you know me so he can brow-beat me this weekend for embarrassing him.
    Last edited by RRMB; 09.03.10 at 12:06 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

God BLESS him and God BLESS you, bud! Love you guys and I would hope, even though I don't know him like I know you, that you would pass on my uptmost appreciation for his service for the rest of us. HATS OFF. REALLY...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 137 Times in 89 Posts

All I can say is that i'm glad he's on our team. He looks like he could put a beat down on someone without taking his hands out of pockets.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    All I can say is that i'm glad he's on our team. He looks like he could put a beat down on someone without taking his hands out of pockets.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Our first football game is tomorrow at noon against Western Michigan. I don't plan on going but I'll watch it and probably have a cookout. Two of my friends turn 21 this weekend so that should be...interesting.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

02.21.17 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Watching the football game for the "Governor's Cup" between Louisville and Kentucky tomorrow with Brisket cooking all day on the grill.
    Hopefully the game(Louisville fan here)and the brisket will turn out great.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Spending it with my "new" honey!
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

So far so good. Spent the day at the Deutsche Bank PGA tournament and followed Tiger and Mickelson around the course. The tourney is here every Labor Day Weekend and it was my 4th year there. Without a doubt it's always one of the highlights of the year for me......and it doesn't hurt that we started drinking at 10:30 this morning and left at 6.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the crowd could not have been more respectful towards Tiger. Many times today I was only a couple of feet from him and not once all day was there anything even remotely close to a disrespectful comment. He got great applause's and nothing but people wishing him luck.

Don't know if any of you have a PGA tournament come to your area but if you do you gotta go. Such an awesome time every time.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    Upon further review; you have become sig worthy, my friend.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I actually just got back from our Labor Day camping. We went early to beat the crowds to a little lake down in Central Oregon high desert (no bugs!).

...friggn' horrible the first night (Tuesday). I guess Monday it snowed 2 inches there! Still cold Tuesday, and some rain....not fun. VERY cold at night (tent camping). I caught a cold and still have a fever from it. Wednesday was better. We went to the lower elevations and checked out all the lava stuff around the volcano areas. Yesterday was RAD. Rented a boat and cruised the lake all day. Kids loved it. 75 and perfect. Today was 80. Just got back a couple hours ago.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 2,387 Times in 1,489 Posts

Premium Member

Iam laboring on Labor day.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Work! I have been looking forward to the long weekend so I could go in and do some work without my phone and email blowing up.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Isn't it sad what's become of us? I technically had yesterday off, but I had a couple of things I didn't want to table until Tuesday, so I set about getting them done. Even with that, I only planned to work until around noon. I ended up staying active pretty much the whole day...

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    I actually just got back from our Labor Day camping. We went early to beat the crowds to a little lake down in Central Oregon high desert (no bugs!).

...friggn' horrible the first night (Tuesday). I guess Monday it snowed 2 inches there! Still cold Tuesday, and some rain....not fun.
    Camping in the rain has to rank as one of the worst experiences you can have. It's miserable.

Went camping in New Hampshire in '98 when the kids were 4. It POURED the first 4 days of our 5 days there. It was mostly non-stop pouring day and night with very few breaks. Everything inside the tent was soaking wet the whole time and the entire campsite was a mud pit from day 1. It was unbelievable.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SNIC View Post
    Work! I have been looking forward to the long weekend so I could go in and do some work without my phone and email blowing up.

Ha ha ha! I know what you mean. I was going to come in yesterday, but I said, "Screw it! I've earned the four-day weekend."

+++ +++ +++

As for me, I'm going to:
    1. Spend some time in the Word of G-d/HaShem;
    2. Spend some time with family;
    3. Do stuff around the house (lawn, laundry, etc.);
    4. Change the strings on three of my guitars;
    5. Practice with two different bands for our church's end of summer Slam-o-rama next weekend;
    6. Take a nap on Sunday afternoon;
    7. Have a couple two-three beers; and,
    8. Reset the home studio so I can record something soon.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz