Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Default Sammy Hagar on Sharing Chickenfoot Drummer with Chili Peppers, Autobiography

Sammy Hagar on Sharing Chickenfoot Drummer with Chili Peppers, Autobiography

http://www.billboard.com/news/sammy-...04111903.story

Chickenfoot is four songs and "seven pieces of new music" into its second album, according to frontman Sammy Hagar. But he acknowledges there's some concern about keeping that not-so-old gang of theirs together.

The challenge is drummer Chad Smith and his regular gig with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who are currently writing for the follow-up to 2006's "Stadium Arcadium." "Once they start recording, Chad's never going to be able to get a break," Hagar tells Billboard.com. "If he does, he'll get a couple weeks here, a couple days there, which is not really enough to devote to Chickenfoot. And when they're done with [the album] they're gonna go on the road for a year and a half. So we either have to get a new drummer or wait for Chad...which is unfair to Chickenfoot. It's too good a band."

But Hagar says he, Smith and rest of Chickenfoot -- guitarist Joe Satriani and founding Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony -- are not frustrated by the situation. "We care, but at the same time [Chickenfoot] is not mandatory," Hagar explains. "It's not like we feel like, 'Hey, this is our only chance in life.' Everyone's already been there, done that. Chickenfoot is not our bread and butter, and I think that's really important."

Chickenfoot will play together again on Sept. 10 in Indio, Calif., and Sept. 11 in Stateline, Nev. Hagar says the group had plans to hit the studio after that but things are "kind of up in the air."

However, the frontman is stoked by the material he and Satriani are writing, including the four songs Chickenfoot has already worked on as a quartet. "We probably have a record ready to go," Hagar reports. "It's just waiting for when we can all get together to do it" -- a process also complicated by the Oct. 5 release of Satriani's next album, "Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards," and a three-plus month world tour that starts Oct. 16 in Ireland and comes to North America in December.

Meanwhile, Hagar and his band the Wabos are currently supporting Aerosmith. He has no recording plans of his own at the moment but is working on an autobiography, "Red," with San Francisco music journalist Joel Selvin that he promises will be "really revealing, right down to just about everything you'd want to know" -- including his tenures in Montrose and Van Halen.

"I figure there's only one shot at an autobiography, and you've got to tell the story, as much as it may be painful," says Hagar, who has made two previous attempts at his memoirs. "I really believe there's a lot of people out there that really have no idea where I came from and who I really am. I've never been a press junkie, and I think that's a good thing. So I think the book is going to blow people's minds."
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i might pick up his autobiography. Regardless of what I think of his music, he's lived a pretty interesting life and he is a wildly successful guy.

As for chickenfoot, is this a case of "no chad no chickenfoot, know chad know chickenfoot?"
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Hope this doesnt turn into the Planet US thing, were they just shelve the whole thing. Bring on Tommy Lee

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie3 View Post

I've never been a press junkie

All kidding aside though, that book should be intriguing, to say the least.
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

Man...at this point I would settle for a fill in or replacement drummer for Chad. Although his wacky personality and overall presence in CF adds a lot, I think it would be a better idea for them to keep up the momentum and just keep going. I feel bad for Michael Anthony, this is really all he's got these days!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Ah, fuck the RHCP.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    Hope this doesnt turn into the Planet US thing, were they just shelve the whole thing. Bring on Tommy Lee
    OMFG, can you imagine that on stage... CF at Mach 4 ?
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:35 AM
    Liked 1,463 Times in 898 Posts

Maybe grab Alex Van Halen.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Maybe grab Alex Van Halen.
    If he was in his right mind he would've jumped ship a long time ago, after all it's only been about 10 or 11 years since VH has REALLY done anything. But nooo.

I remember someone on here mentioning that they heard Eddie Trunk say Jason Bonham was gonna be Chads fill in, wonder if there was any truth to that? In all honesty I'd prefer Matt Sorum, Sam and him always seem to pal around every now and then, why not?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Give me the autobio. Hot damn that seems good.

Now, the press junkie comment was funny, even for a Sam fan like me. He does a lot of interviews. Maybe he doesn't look for them but he sure as shit does 'em

Regardless, I'm excited. I wanna hear all the bare details and I know Sam will give them. To be honest, it's not the VH stuff that excites me as much as the Montrose stuff does. I've heard what Bill "Electric" Church has said, it'll be cool to see Sam's take on it all.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:53 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsitive View Post
    If he was in his right mind he would've jumped ship a long time ago, after all it's only been about 10 or 11 years since VH has REALLY done anything. But nooo.
    It's obvious you don't have a brother, or if you do, you're not a very good one.
    Alex watched his little brothers life fall apart. Booze, drugs, cancer, divorce ect. Ed's so friggin sensitive, that seeing Alex playing with other musicians may have killed what little spirit he had left. Alex most likely felt he was supporting his sick brother by waiting for him to get better.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    It's obvious you don't have a brother, or if you do, you're not a very good one.
    Alex watched his little brothers life fall apart. Booze, drugs, cancer, divorce ect. Ed's so friggin sensitive, that seeing Alex playing with other musicians may have killed what little spirit he had left. Alex most likely felt he was supporting his sick brother by waiting for him to get better.
    Well you've got my number there, I am brother-less. You are probably right, but it's just weird to me from a musician standpoint...I dont know how you can go years and years without playing live or doing SOMETHING. I know they've probably been locked up in that studio for years, but if nothing comes of it, where's the fun in that?

More on topic, I dont like the way he says things are up in the air with the recording. If CF is gonna fizzle out then I will say I'm extremely glad it happened, but shit...I'm holding out for more.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:23 AM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

CF will not fizzle out. If anything... Joe's solo album and Chad's time constraints with the RHCP project will heighten the experience that is unique to the Foot.

They will get it done. Take the foot out of yer mouth Sam.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    Oh come on man cry me a freakin river!
    Booze,drugs,and divorce is an everyday way of life in the U.S.A...
    I think Al's new preaching ways had more to do with him not being active than Ed's every day problems.
    Back on topic Sam's book does sound like an interesting read.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rather burn out than fade away .

Everything that is right about Chickenfoot is Sam , Chad , Joe , and Mike . Take any one of them away and you don't have CF . It would be better to call it a day than replace anyone .

Besides I don't think of Chickenfoot as about competing with VH or the demands of commercial success , rather about four buds with a loyal fan base kicking butt and having a great time (when we all can get together) .
    Last edited by cleansl8; 08.30.10 at 06:47 PM. Reason: addition