Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Stomp pedals

I recently read a article with Demartini. He said after all the years of playing with all types of effects, he has gone back to his stomp pedals. I know this is off the EVH topic, but I found it interesting. I just find it cool that he could have anything and prefers stomp pedals. I saw them on this tour and it was true. A few effects, and his soldano.

That is when you know you are good. Minimal effects, and playing thru a Soldano. I have heard those pick up every little mistake.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtuner317 View Post
    That is when you know you are good. Minimal effects, and playing thru a Soldano. I have heard those pick up every little mistake.
    They do -- big time.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I think you'll fin most guys play just using an amp and a few stomp boxes...i always have...I've never owned any rack gear and the only multi fx thing i have is purely for practice purposes (through a 5watt amp) it's not at all unusual.
    That being said, i'm ditching amp's all together now....I'm buying an axe fx ultra and a power amp, i'll never need anything else after that.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    They do -- big time.
    Thank god for the Peavey 5150!!!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya, it 'smooths things over' a little more than the SLO100 haha. The Soldano has just a little less gain, and a little more clarity, which is why it's so revealing to play on. If you really wanna 'hide' some sloppy playing, get a mesa and use the tube rectifier

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 11,577 Times in 4,934 Posts

Really? LOL.

Some of you dudes love that amp, I just have never cared for it, but I don't have the money to get anything different. And it's loud at least.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

help !

Ya, it 'smooths things over' a little more than the SLO100 haha. The Soldano has just a little less gain, and a little more clarity, which is why it's so revealing to play on. If you really wanna 'hide' some sloppy playing, get a mesa and use the tube rectifier
    I had a Line6 vetta 2 w/ shortboard and have swithed to an Orange Dual Terror (which I love). Here's the rub, I still would like to have some effects for some of the tunes I like to play. Foolishly, I purchased a Line 6 M13 thinking that it would be a perfect replacement for the effects on the vetta 2.... I was wrong. Simply put, I don't like the m13
    It is supposed to be idiot proof, but I don't seem to navigate on it nearly as well as I did on the Vetta 2 w/ shortboard.

Any thoughts on an alternative multi effect pedal?

The good news is the Dual Terror has provided me with the tube tone that the Line 6 could not. If anyone is looking for a great little tube amp for under $1,500, check out Orange.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Really? LOL.

Some of you dudes love that amp, I just have never cared for it, but I don't have the money to get anything different. And it's loud at least.
    It's a love/hate relationship ....but really, I do like the thing in a lot of situations. Now, I gotta admit it took me a LONG time and a lot of help (thanks J_Alexander and a few others ) before I got it sounding halfway decent.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    I had a Line6 vetta 2 w/ shortboard and have swithed to an Orange Dual Terror (which I love). Here's the rub, I still would like to have some effects for some of the tunes I like to play. Foolishly, I purchased a Line 6 M13 thinking that it would be a perfect replacement for the effects on the vetta 2.... I was wrong. Simply put, I don't like the m13
    It is supposed to be idiot proof, but I don't seem to navigate on it nearly as well as I did on the Vetta 2 w/ shortboard.

Any thoughts on an alternative multi effect pedal?

The good news is the Dual Terror has provided me with the tube tone that the Line 6 could not. If anyone is looking for a great little tube amp for under $1,500, check out Orange.
    Do you still have the vetta? You might be able to run some effects 'clean' on it (no amp models) with your new amp making the 'dirt'.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I think the new EVH 5150 III has the clarity issue as well. I just sound better thru the Peavey..... That may be a bad thing. I sold my III, just didnt really care for it.

Brett, are you saying you dont care for the 5150 or the Soldano?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:14 AM
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

Isn't Warren playing through a VH4 nowadays? One of the most percussive, clear amps I've ever heard.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I think the new EVH 5150 III has the clarity issue as well. I just sound better thru the Peavey..... That may be a bad thing. I sold my III, just didnt really care for it.
    One thing though -- did you get your 5150 head and more importantly the cab within the first year or so of production?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 11,577 Times in 4,934 Posts

Brett, are you saying you dont care for the 5150 or the Soldano?
    I've never played a Soldano actually. I've just never liked my 5150 that much. It's just not warm enough sounding for me, but I like the versatility factor that frankly I don't think Marshalls have. And I've never played a Mesa I really liked, certainly not to justify that that kind of crazy purchase.

I've tried every freaking setting I can think of, used pedals with it, use a BBE, it doesn't sound any better through my Marshall cab with Celestions than the shitty I cab I plug into at our rehearsal studio.

It's not terrible, just doesn't growl for me, it's always too buzzsaw-ish. It's a high-gain amp, I know that's what it's made for.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by coyote View Post
    Isn't Warren playing through a VH4 nowadays? One of the most percussive, clear amps I've ever heard.
    thats the only amp im keeping, by far the best amplifier i have ever played through, it even sounds great at low volumes, might have something to do with the 4 seperate pre amps
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Do you still have the vetta? You might be able to run some effects 'clean' on it (no amp models) with your new amp making the 'dirt'.
    I sold the vetta (private sale) last wk.
    Nice idea though..... thanks CV