Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Sammy with Aerosmith

Saw Sammy and Aero on 8/19
    Sammy was really good. Band sounded great.

Heavy Metal was cool. Never seen him play that one before.

He played a lot of Van Halen.
    Top of the World
    Best of Both Worlds
    Finish What ya Started
    Right Now

He closed with Why Can't this be Love, which I can't remember seeing VH play before so that was cool too.

At the end of the show, I was thinking that maybe Aerosmith couldn't top him given all their recent problems.

But Aerosmith just got better as the night went on. They kicked ass. Joe Perry had a great performance.

Sammy is a good enough singer to front Aerosmith, but the vibe is all wrong.

I really enjoyed this show.
    Better use it up before it gets old!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog5 View Post
    Saw Sammy and Aero on 8/19
    Sammy was really good. Band sounded great.

Heavy Metal was cool. Never seen him play that one before.

He played a lot of Van Halen.
    Top of the World
    Best of Both Worlds
    Finish What ya Started
    Right Now

He closed with Why Can't this be Love, which I can't remember seeing VH play before so that was cool too.

At the end of the show, I was thinking that maybe Aerosmith couldn't top him given all their recent problems.

But Aerosmith just got better as the night went on. They kicked ass. Joe Perry had a great performance.

Sammy is a good enough singer to front Aerosmith, but the vibe is all wrong.

I really enjoyed this show.

Glad you enjoyed the concert.

We had tickets for Aerosmith w/ Sammy & the Wabo's in Toronto a few nights prior.

I just have to say and I know I have criticized Sammy in the past for his voice and basically his "act" when it came to how he wanted to represent himself as a member of Van Halen in the later stages of the bands demize. I have to admit though and give credit where credit is due. Sammy, for his age, I didn't expect to see a great performance but Sammy gave the crowd (the early-birds) a very energetic and Van Halen-filled setlist!

I just want to know where in the hell was this energy during the 2004 reunion tour? I mean the other night-Sammy had his swagger back and that scream!!! His vocal range was better that night when he sang the Van Halen songs than as far back as I could remember. I was shocked! He looked and sounded like a 30 yeard old rocker not a guy in his 60's...

Sammy chatted a bit too and mentioned how he closed out a bar in Toronto the night before and was out until 4 AM. He said he was lucky to be on stage tonight considering all the drinking he did the night before....

I was hoping to hear "Bad Motor Scooter" and "Heavy Metal" and he did it! Very pleased and those tunes sounded great! I have always enjoyed his early solo material and it was a pleasure to hear him perform the tunes I had hoped for. His band was so tight and of course Sammy was promoting the Cabo Wabo Cantina (Love that place-gotta go back one of these days) and sure knew how to pass out the waborita's and shots to the crowd. That was cool.

Sammy mentioned he had a few minutes left before leaving the stage and in his own words - "I have a few minutes left and I intend to use them up"... So he ended the concert with "Why Can't This Be Love" and didn't mention anything regarding the name -Van Halen- only to introduce the tune saying- "this is from the last band I was in"....

Sam, thanks for a great performance!
    Last edited by Bono Vox; 08.21.10 at 05:30 PM.
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

I'm glad to hear Sammy is still performing up to parr and that everyone had a good time!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

But what I'm hoping to hear is news of a Steven-Sammy duet on stage, to close the show. Now THAT would be an awesome moment from probably the 2 best American rock singers!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

That would be interesting.

I sorta think it would be like Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow singing together. They both sound great, but together, sound terrible. Although, Sheryl was on "Trouble In Shangri La" as a background singer and did very well.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.07.10 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Aerosmith has sucked ass for the last 20 years. Sammy would have been an improvement and I doubt he'd agree to release a piece of shit album like Just Press Play.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RicoTubbs View Post
    Aerosmith has sucked ass for the last 20 years. Sammy would have been an improvement and I doubt he'd agree to release a piece of shit album like Just Press Play.
    Just Press Play was as good as any Hagar solo album.

And although Van Halen is my favorite, if I had to say which concert was better, Aerosmith on 8/19/2010 or VH 2007 Kansas City, I would have to say Aerosmtih. They were just more polished, both the band and the whole production.

Van Halen should hire whoever does their live sound. It was very clean. IMHO
    Better use it up before it gets old!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH I / Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars / MWM
    Last Online

11.29.10 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saw Sammy in New Jersey on Tuesday - set rocked - would have loved to listen to him and the Wabo's for another two hours instead of Aerosmith. Vic seemed a little rusty on a couple of songs, but them tuned up as the night went on. Great sound and a lot of fun.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 5150, OU812, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/When It's Love
    Last Online

09.05.13 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WOW! Saw Sammy and the Wabos last night opening for Aerosmith in Cincinnati, OH. Sammy and the band were on Top of the World. Sammy Hagar is a true rock n' roll legend. He still had the pipes and energy of a 20 something rocker, and he shredded on guitar.

Setlist:

One Way to Rock
    Can't Drive 55
    Top of the World
    Space Station #5
    Rocky Candy
    Bad Motor Scooter
    Best of Both Worlds
    Three Lock Box
    Right Now
    Finish What Ya Started
    Heavy Metal
    Mas Tequila (Brad Whitford on guitar; played a new Sammy/Chickenfoot Les Paul)
    WCTBL

Sammy said at the end of the concert that he would not open for anybody except Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones. Last nigh was more like a double headliner to me.

Areosmith rocked too. Steven Tyler makes it look easy.