Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default New project guitar, it's a monster

This is my first project guitar! A Warmoth body and neck. The neck has an asymmetrical carve, graph tech nut, vintage frets(HATE big ibanez frets), and of course the compound radius fretboard. The body is rear routed poplar with a contoured heel.

The bridge will be a 2 point from Gotoh. I wanted something a little more crunchy sounding so I went with a Dimarzio Crunch Lab for the bridge (who'd have thought?) and a Liquifire for the neck.

I plan is to do either a vintage cream or a swirl paint job. Will decide later today when the primer is dry and smooth.

First a look at the body

With dummy pups and bridge. The neck is a REALLY tight fit, it will hold the body just by pressure and would stay in if I swung it around by the neck.

The contoured heel....great!

Intense look on my face cause I'm trying to hold the guitar at an angle to show it to the mirror without the stuff falling out of it and aim the camera at the same time holding it perfectly still because it was low light and need a slow exposure, so yeah, you better not call me emo.

Back to priming!

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

cant get this stuff no more
    Last Online

02.02.14 @ 01:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hell yea! do it kid! make it what u want it to be. im sure its gonna be awesome when u get it done!!

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

Your guitar will have pretty much the same setup that my project guitar is going to have, and I was thinking about doing mine in vintage cream also. Great minds think alike! You're gonna have a real nice guitar.

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

cant get this stuff no more
    Last Online

02.02.14 @ 01:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

me personaly? ive been kicking around the idea of doing a frankenstrat BUT instead of doing it with a strat doing with a EBMM Silo. i think that it would be an awesome guitar!

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The plan was to go with a jem-like swirl because I find the motion of fluids to be really cool but I was talking to the local luthier and apparently since I dont have the thing all sealed up submerging it in water would be really bad. I was not surprised, I was asking for a reason, but I am brainstorming options other than a solid color. The cream is still really classy and I might do it, but I already have a few solid color guitars. This body is rear routed so ideal for some kind of interesting design.

Ready for paint

You cant really see here, the primer went down well but the second coat of paint orange peeled. Had to take a day off from painting to sand it smooth. Good thing I guess cause if it had gone right I would have dipped it yesterday and possibly ruined the body!

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me