Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default I so missed this place

Okay so, DISCLAIMER: I'm slightly drunk, so this thread has really no purpose haha.

Over 7 years I'd joined at least 2 dozen of forums, maybe more. No idea why I keep coming back to the links, obviously besides the following reasons.

1) This was the first message board I'd ever joined
    2) Some other things. If I hadn't joined the forums, I would never know Leo Van Newhouse (hope everything's alright with ya pal), I'd never have joined those Avril forums where I met that lass, and I'd have never moved to Britain
    3) The people on here.

Angie - I love you, and I literally owe you with my life. I still have to pay you back in SOME way for all the support, and those 40 quid you sent me via Royal Mail when I was starving during my first two months in Wales - thankyou thankyou thankyou

MikeL - I dunno if you still visit this site, but what the hell - I blatantly admired your personality and intelligence for as long as you'd been active. I wish I could be as smart and chilled as you are

seen - John, you're wicked cool, and I think everyone knows that. I don't even know what else to say - again, I admire your personality also, I wish I had someone like you as a friend in real life

Van Squalen - Frank, I dunno if you're still around and despite all the tension we'd had in the past, I'd learned a LOT about life and people from you, and I wouldn't be the person I am right now if it wasn't for all the debates we'd had

Sucka - hadn't seen you around in ages, but if you're reading this - I also wish I had friends like you in real life because you're fucking awesome mate. Pete Rock ftw

LLFHS/Viking/muffdiver/Lodejwik - you guys are like the core of the Links to me, I always enjoy reading your posts, taking your advice on thinks, and you just plain rock dudes. I hope everything is fine with you guys!

OLO - dude, honestly. I am proud of knowing you, and every time you'd bashed me for being an immature dick made me learn more about myself/life/world etc. I think it's an honour for this site that you're a member, and I respect you so much I'm actually crying right now, haha. Okay, maybe I should stop drinking Whiskey. Thanks for bearing with me while I was going thru a "dumbass young adult" stage, mate

YankeeRose - one of the best artists I know. I really enjoyed sharing our art in the PMs, and you'd always been a huge inspiration for me.

broken/Dave's Dave's Dreidel/Wraff - I never talked to you guys per se, but I'd been reading your posts for years and despite not engaging in actual conversation with you guys, I always respect your opinion on political stuff and shit. You should start your own news TV station or something, you make more sense than both CNN and BBC combined, I swear I'd got more sense from you than anything in the actual media

Axxmann - dude, we go way back and I respect you as far as the "respect" goes. I wish we'd been more in touch, life's just been abit crazy as of late haha. Hope everything is cool with you mate

Daisy/Heather/Noelle - girls you're way cool, you make the Links shine and sparkle and all that romantic shit , seriouslly <333

Brett - thanks a millionth time for having started this site. You know the rest.

muffdiver/number 47 - you guys crack me up every time I read anything by you, I remember when at certain point in my life that were the only things in my life that kept me going. You rock dudes

Eddymon - jajaja dude (yes, laughing in spanish :P ) , you're nuts but I love it, thanks for sticking around and cheering me up with your posts for seven years, your antics had brigheted up my day too many times than I can remember. You're one of those old-timers that shape VHLinks. I dont' know you too well personally, but you're a good laugh, so thank you!

Charvell2 - Steve, thanks for mentoring me in PMs about the whole "getting published" thing, if everything goes well for me and I do get my book out in the marking I swear I'll have too hook up with you for a cup of tea (or a bottle of Irish Liquor - not picky mate ), thanks a ton mate

Jan/FORD - I know you're banned and all, but we used to have fun conversations non-the-less, so god bless you and I hope you're doing well, whatever you guys are up to. I wish you all the best in the world from the depths of my heart (for what it's worth)

And to everyone else on the site that I forgot to mention due to my sever case of alcohol overdose - MANY of you are the reason why I kept laughing my ass off while I'd been at the deepest state of depression, and because of some of you I am still alive. I am slowly losing perseption of time and sense - so whoever is the mod of this forum at this time (or global mod - not picky) - feel free to lock this down if it's waay too random or off topic, I just felt the need to get this off my chest. I would be NOTHING without VHLinks and all you guys, so God Bless all of you, and I hope that this post brightens up you just a tiny little bit because you all mean the world to me.

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Okay so, DISCLAIMER: I'm slightly drunk, so this thread has really no purpose haha.

Over 7 years I'd joined at least 2 dozen of forums, maybe more. No idea why I keep coming back to the links, obviously besides the following reasons.

1) This was the first message board I'd ever joined
    2) Some other things. If I hadn't joined the forums, I would never know Leo Van Newhouse (hope everything's alright with ya pal), I'd never have joined those Avril forums where I met that lass, and I'd have never moved to Britain
    3) The people on here.

Angie - I love you, and I literally owe you with my life. I still have to pay you back in SOME way for all the support, and those 40 quid you sent me via Royal Mail when I was starving during my first two months in Wales - thankyou thankyou thankyou

MikeL - I dunno if you still visit this site, but what the hell - I blatantly admired your personality and intelligence for as long as you'd been active. I wish I could be as smart and chilled as you are

seen - John, you're wicked cool, and I think everyone knows that. I don't even know what else to say - again, I admire your personality also, I wish I had someone like you as a friend in real life

Van Squalen - Frank, I dunno if you're still around and despite all the tension we'd had in the past, I'd learned a LOT about life and people from you, and I wouldn't be the person I am right now if it wasn't for all the debates we'd had

Sucka - hadn't seen you around in ages, but if you're reading this - I also wish I had friends like you in real life because you're fucking awesome mate. Pete Rock ftw

LLFHS/Viking/muffdiver/Lodejwik - you guys are like the core of the Links to me, I always enjoy reading your posts, taking your advice on thinks, and you just plain rock dudes. I hope everything is fine with you guys!

OLO - dude, honestly. I am proud of knowing you, and every time you'd bashed me for being an immature dick made me learn more about myself/life/world etc. I think it's an honour for this site that you're a member, and I respect you so much I'm actually crying right now, haha. Okay, maybe I should stop drinking Whiskey. Thanks for bearing with me while I was going thru a "dumbass young adult" stage, mate

YankeeRose - one of the best artists I know. I really enjoyed sharing our art in the PMs, and you'd always been a huge inspiration for me.

broken/Dave's Dave's Dreidel/Wraff - I never talked to you guys per se, but I'd been reading your posts for years and despite not engaging in actual conversation with you guys, I always respect your opinion on political stuff and shit. You should start your own news TV station or something, you make more sense than both CNN and BBC combined, I swear I'd got more sense from you than anything in the actual media

Axxmann - dude, we go way back and I respect you as far as the "respect" goes. I wish we'd been more in touch, life's just been abit crazy as of late haha. Hope everything is cool with you mate

Daisy/Heather/Noelle - girls you're way cool, you make the Links shine and sparkle and all that romantic shit , seriouslly <333

Brett - thanks a millionth time for having started this site. You know the rest.

muffdiver/number 47 - you guys crack me up every time I read anything by you, I remember when at certain point in my life that were the only things in my life that kept me going. You rock dudes

Eddymon - jajaja dude (yes, laughing in spanish :P ) , you're nuts but I love it, thanks for sticking around and cheering me up with your posts for seven years, your antics had brigheted up my day too many times than I can remember. You're one of those old-timers that shape VHLinks. I dont' know you too well personally, but you're a good laugh, so thank you!

Charvell2 - Steve, thanks for mentoring me in PMs about the whole "getting published" thing, if everything goes well for me and I do get my book out in the marking I swear I'll have too hook up with you for a cup of tea (or a bottle of Irish Liquor - not picky mate ), thanks a ton mate

Jan/FORD - I know you're banned and all, but we used to have fun conversations non-the-less, so god bless you and I hope you're doing well, whatever you guys are up to. I wish you all the best in the world from the depths of my heart (for what it's worth)

And to everyone else on the site that I forgot to mention due to my sever case of alcohol overdose - MANY of you are the reason why I kept laughing my ass off while I'd been at the deepest state of depression, and because of some of you I am still alive. I am slowly losing perseption of time and sense - so whoever is the mod of this forum at this time (or global mod - not picky) - feel free to lock this down if it's waay too random or off topic, I just felt the need to get this off my chest. I would be NOTHING without VHLinks and all you guys, so God Bless all of you, and I hope that this post brightens up you just a tiny little bit because you all mean the world to me.
    I thought for sure you would remember me, you gave me props on my signature..

Hahaha,

Welcome back!
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

I was kind of shocked to see my name on here. It kind of choked me up a bit actually!

I spent a while away from here and I'll be damned if I didn't have to come back. It's a cool place where people from all walks of life get together and shoot the shit, argue, fuss and fight and in the end it's all cool. Usually.

I hope you're doing well.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

"Slightly" drunk? You've got to be completely smashed to leave DIF off the list of cool people.

May your impending hangover bring you much guilt! I curse your mustache a thousand times!
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Had you been sober, you would have included this:

SNIC - your posts are usually pretty dumb at most. You are a "thread killer". Bringing to an end most any thread that you post in. Did I mention your posts are pretty dumb?

Props though for having TP as your woman. She is the only reason I mentioned you anyway. Also, I really didn't want to say this, but most of your posts are dumb.

You are right. This place rocks!

Good to see you around!

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

You must be smashed....you mentioned Muffdiver twice.

Wish Muff would make a return. One of the funniest fuckers ever.

My question to you, Winter - You still smoking 50 fags a day?
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

cant get this stuff no more
    Last Online

02.02.14 @ 01:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey what about me?? lol

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

I was wondering where the hell you'd wandered off to. Good to see you around again Winter.

Cheers!

Wraff
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Lmfao I was counting on OLO to bring up my smokoing habits LOL - I think I cut that down to 20 tabs/fags/smokes/squares/cigs (whatever your local dialect is ) per day but I surely spend more dough on weed than I used to! And I *really* am hammered, honestly I think that's the worst drunk moment I'd had in like 5 years! Thanks for remembering that bit DD

CABO dude - I surely do remember you, I think I was drifting away to Fantasy/Astral worlds towards the end of my original post so screw me sideways for not mentioning you in the orignal post mate! you're cool and God bless ya!!

DIF - believe or not, I actually remember PM'ing you whetther your nickname was based on Dokken's song "Down in Flames", and you told me it was some VH's un-released underground song that I'd never heard about. I think you're one of the very few original mods that still are in charge, so massive royal kudos to you for that - you are the man, dude

SNIC - I put the ladies first , and of course I remember you man! My posts are always dumb and I'm quite astounsded I manged to have almost 10 grand of them without being banned haha. You're one lucky dude and tell Hev I said "hi"

Seriously, I'm *way* drunk at this point but thanks for keeping this place alive - both members and mods/admins, you all are the fucking legend!!!!!!!
    Last edited by WinterlessIceness; 08.13.10 at 05:26 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

:-(

*tears of a clown
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Have you started hitting the tequila yet?
    If not,

giddyup.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    :-(

*tears of a clown

VOIVOD!!!

Dude we'd had so many arguments about Avril Lavigne I can't count them down for the life of me!!!

Shows how much I'd been around this place in the past two years. Serriously, there are too many of you guys on here that I can proudly say that I'm glad of having this gift of life and that I got to know so many of all of you.

I don't know if there is a God, or Intelligent Design, or evolution or what the fuck ever - but I am proud of being a human, and I might be way over- optimistic, but we all share so much in common and as long as we all feel - just "feel" - something about live - be it love, excitement, anger, hatred, passion, affrection or what-ever, I think we deserve this place on this planet, especcially with music like Van Halen or Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd that keeps us bound together.

I love you guys. Each and fucking every one of you. Thanks for making my life complete.

*big hugs and loads of kudos again* <33333333333333333333

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

any list of great people on the links without me on is not a good list.

any list of great people on the links with Olo not in the top 3 is worthless. Olo is not impressed. Bad things happen to people who upset Olo. Good luck to you my friend.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Mish... you dont have to do a thing. I was glad to help babes and the mom in me certainly wanted some food in your mouth!! xx
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    I wish I had someone like you as a friend in real life
    When exactly did this life become less than real??

Rock on misharicewinterlesscoldicydude!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen