The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Default melodicrock.com 08/10/10

they have the stripes on the melodickrock logo

www.melodicrock.com

IT'S ON!:
    Guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his brother, drummer Alex Van Halen, released a typically vague and short statement today, "[Van Halen] is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

And news is all over Australian media about a first quarter album release and tour: "Van Halen are hotly tipped to be doing a tour of Australia next year. And we're talking the 'real' Van Halen including the jumping David Lee Roth on vocals and six-string god Eddie Van Halen. Our music reporter Nui Te Koha gave us the rocking news this morning. "Big, big rumour. Van Halen with David Lee Roth, early next year." The band's new album due out in March next year is their first with singer David Lee Roth in 25 years and "the tour will follow shortly after that".
    Eddie Van Halen told US Rolling Stone last year that his band's reunion tour through America in 2008 was a massive success. They played 74 shows and the tour ended up making $US93 million. "We are a band,” said Eddie Van Halen. “We had a lot of fun – Dave was a blast. I'm looking forward to getting on it."
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ED-A-HOLIC View Post

www.melodicrock.com

IT'S ON!:
    Guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his brother, drummer Alex Van Halen, released a typically vague and short statement today, "[Van Halen] is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

And news is all over Australian media about a first quarter album release and tour: "Van Halen are hotly tipped to be doing a tour of Australia next year. And we're talking the 'real' Van Halen including the jumping David Lee Roth on vocals and six-string god Eddie Van Halen. Our music reporter Nui Te Koha gave us the rocking news this morning. "Big, big rumour. Van Halen with David Lee Roth, early next year." The band's new album due out in March next year is their first with singer David Lee Roth in 25 years and "the tour will follow shortly after that".
    Eddie Van Halen told US Rolling Stone last year that his band's reunion tour through America in 2008 was a massive success. They played 74 shows and the tour ended up making $US93 million. "We are a band,” said Eddie Van Halen. “We had a lot of fun – Dave was a blast. I'm looking forward to getting on it."

ed aint' gonna like this "with david lee roth" stuff. he's prolly steamed right now seeing that.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Official web site still says Happy New Year.....as of 1:14 pm easten time 8-10-10
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

It ain't the "real" Van Halen unless Mikey is in it. But with the way he was treated in the past, I'm glad he's in the Foot.

I'll probably buy it on iTurds b/c 3/4 of the original =VH= is better than 0/4...
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Seems like the whole world has attributed the Warner\Chappel quote to the VH bros!

Would of thought Andrew would of checked the facts before posting this "update"

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ed and Al may have allowed warner to post the comment

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Any publicity- is good publicity.... oh vey

Quote Originally Posted by ED-A-HOLIC View Post

www.melodicrock.com

IT'S ON!:

Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.24.11 @ 06:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    Seems like the whole world has attributed the Warner\Chappel quote to the VH bros!

I've been surprised and amused at how the Warner/Chappel quote has caught fire. But I guess that fact checking is just not as important these days...

Wanna see something really sad? The Washington Post has this blurb in it's "Pop Music Blog" today...

"Van Halen and David Lee Roth - together again, for however long it lasts. The hard rock megastars are, believe it or not, recording a new album with original lead singer Roth and it's scheduled for release in 2011, with a tour to follow."

When you click the link, it takes you to Spinner which actually attributes the quote to Warner/Chapel....

"Hard rock legends Van Halen are hard at work on a new album with original vocalist David Lee Roth, according to a statement made late last week by its music publishers. Various reports also suggest the group will hit the road upon the LP's completion sometime next year."

So now I guess the Post expects you to jump through internet hyperlink hoops to get the full story.

The sad part is that we VH faithful have been disappointed enough to doubt statements like that, so we question the source and temper our enthusiasm. The more casual fans are not as jaded and probably take a statement like that at face value. They probably just assume that if the news section on the band's website carries more than a New Year's greeting from the band.
    I like Van Halen.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:02 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

I'd love to see this official quote...so far nothing from the brothers.

This just doesn't smell right
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Last Online

12.06.17 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post

I checked "facts" as much as every other bloody outlet worldwide did...

You'd think with the Warner/Chappell announcement, someone on howdie Doodie Mountain would actually open the windows and throw the fans a bone.

So the quote is not a quote....ok, killed that, but the remaining speculation about an OZ tour and the album is exactly as publicised all over the country here yesterday.

As per usual... Van Halen + Announcement = ClusterFuck.

I'll go back to peddling rumors until the week the album can be found on shelves

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melodicrock View Post
    I checked "facts" as much as every other bloody outlet worldwide did...

You'd think with the Warner/Chappell announcement, someone on howdie Doodie Mountain would actually open the windows and throw the fans a bone.

So the quote is not a quote....ok, killed that, but the remaining speculation about an OZ tour and the album is exactly as publicised all over the country here yesterday.

As per usual... Van Halen + Announcement = ClusterFuck.

I'll go back to peddling rumors until the week the album can be found on shelves

So Rick Rubin then?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 2,237 Times in 1,355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'd love to see this official quote...so far nothing from the brothers.

This just doesn't smell right

so what are you saying? That this is a melodi-crock?

sorry ....... couldn't resist

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

12.06.17 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

If Billboard are talking about it...then it really IS time for an official BAND statement.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melodicrock View Post
    If Billboard are talking about it...then it really IS time for an official BAND statement.
    andrew-

what do you know so far that IS TRUE?

hard to decipher...
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exactly!

Or as Ed would say "Verbatium"

The Van Halen Web site is like clicking on a link that doesnt' exsist
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME