Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Default The "No Record Deal" Issue

I've seen it mentioned in many discussions regarding any future VH releases that there is the issue of the band not currently having a record deal, and that is a hinderance.

I think it might be helpful actually.
    Record Companies are all but done.

These days, you need distribution, but if you're smart you the rest you do yourself.

I never read the most recent GW article with EVH where he pissed evryone off around here, but i did see some excerpts where he talked about the music industry, and he has some good points, but in typical Ed style he can't get them across without sounding like a dick.

The fact is, nobody buys CD's anymore. I mean, i do, and those of us around here will likely buy a new VH CD. But, after that, it's all about digital, and it's all about the ability to buy individual songs.

I mean, I don't know about you but i dont recall thelast time my kids bought a CD, but they've got all the latest music on their Ipod.

The real hinderance as far as VH is concerned is not the lack of a recording contract, it's the lack of anyshred of marketing skill, or appreciation of what social media is and can do.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I never read the most recent GW article with EVH where he pissed evryone off around here, but i did see some excerpts where he talked about the music industry, and he has some good points, but in typical Ed style he can't get them across without sounding like a dick.
    You mean the interview where Ed said that he doesn't want to record a new album because his fans will think it's shit and they won't care? (I'm paraphrasing)

That interview?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

I buy CDs. I'm not a fan of simply downloading music. It gets lost too easily that way.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

CDs are a waste to me. I haven't bought one in years. I'd probably buy a Van Halen CD, but I'm certain it'd go straight to my iPod and never get played.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    You mean the interview where Ed said that he doesn't want to record a new album because his fans will think it's shit and they won't care? (I'm paraphrasing)

That interview?
    Yeah, that one.
    Another example of the genius VH marketing strategy.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I think Dave is savy enough to put something interesting together in terms of marketing and promoting the band, but he seems to be completely stifled by the VH brothers. You would think with young Wolfie he too would be a source of some good ideas for getting music out to the public. I agree, the day of the recording company ala Warner Bros is done, but Eddie seems content to be a dinosaur.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post
    I think Dave is savy enough ... but he seems to be completely stifled by the VH brothers.
    Let's think about that. Why would Dave be stifled? Honest question. Why haven't we heard anything from DLR?

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas_kudochop View Post
    Let's think about that. Why would Dave be stifled? Honest question. Why haven't we heard anything from DLR?
    Because Ed told him to "Stifle it!"

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

I collect CDs, I will never lose them and I like having all the booklets and all. there won't be another VH CD anyways, they aren't active.

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

from BLABBERMOUTH.NET

here's the link

http://bit.ly/8Xh4EA

WARNER/CHAPPELL Extends Agreement With VAN HALEN - Aug. 5, 2010

Warner/Chappell Music has extended its administration agreements with two original members of the legendary rock band VAN HALEN, Eddie and Alex Van Halen. Under the agreement, Warner/Chappell will continue to administer their catalog of works.

The Grammy Award-winning VAN HALEN was formed in 1972 in Pasadena, California and released its first album in 1978, quickly becoming one of the most influential rock bands in history. In 2007, after more than three decades dazzling audiences with their energetic performances and establishing their catalog of songs as one of the most enduring in the history of popular music, VAN HALEN was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

With 11 studio albums, VAN HALEN is the 19th best-selling group of all time in the U.S., according to the RIAA, with more than 56 million albums sold in the U.S., 10 of them certified platinum or multi-platinum, six albums that reached No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and two of them, "Van Halen" and "1984", achieving diamond certification. VAN HALEN has been nominated multiple times by the American Music Awards and, in 1992, won "Favorite Heavy Metal/Rock Album" for the album "For Unlawful Carnage Knowledge".

"It's fantastic to continue our relationship with VAN HALEN, which is one of the most enduring and successful partnerships within our roster of songwriters," said Scott Francis, President, Warner/Chappell Music, and Chairman and CEO, Warner/Chappell Music U.S. "Since its inception, VAN HALEN has written driving melodic rock songs performed in groundbreaking style."

During its more than three decades as a band, VAN HALEN has featured a number of different lineups and three different lead singers, and throughout has produced a string of multiplatinum albums that contained numerous No. 1 singles, including "Jump", "(Oh) Pretty Woman", "Why Can't This Be Love?", "Humans Being", "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Me Wise Magic".

Most recently, the band toured with founding brothers, Eddie and Alex Van Halen, its original lead singer, David Lee Roth, and Eddie's son, Wolfgang, playing bass. The group is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Unless it's a new release I am absolutely stoked for (Them Crooked Vultures, Stone Temple Pilots) I'll wait until a few weeks pass and then buy it dirt cheap used off of half.com. Just the other day I bought two CDs in excellent condition and all artwork. With shipping it was $10--normally that'd be around $25.