Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default "phony controversy" + administration overreaction admission = dickhead move

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/...obama_the_view

NEW YORK – President Barack Obama said Thursday that the racial firestorm that led to the ouster of a black Agriculture Department official was a "phony controversy" generated by the media. He said his administration overreacted by forcing her out.

In an interview on ABC's daytime talk show "The View," Obama said the forced resignation of Shirley Sherrod shows racial tensions still exist in America.

"There are still inequalities out there. There's still discrimination out there," Obama said. "But we've made progress."

Sherrod was forced to resign after a conservative website posted an edited video of her speaking about race. Sherrod said the video took her remarks out of context. When her full remarks were discovered, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack apologized and offered Sherrod a new job at the department.

Obama pinned much of the blame for the incident on a media culture that he said seeks out conflict and doesn't always get the facts right. But he added, "A lot of people overreacted, including people in my administration."

The Sherrod incident added another wrinkle to an administration already burdened by the slow pace of the economic recovery, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the Gulf oil spill. While acknowledging that the country has gone through a tough stretch since he took office, Obama said he remains optimistic about the direction the U.S. is headed.

"What has been satisfying is just seeing how resilient the American people are," he said.

Obama's interview with "The View" was the first appearance on a daytime talk show by a sitting president. The wide-ranging interview also dipped into Obama's knowledge of pop culture, an area he showed some proficiency, admitting that he knows actress Lindsey Lohan is in jail.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

What exactly is the dickhead move here?
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts

Well, for one the administration tried to pin this on Fox news when they hadn't even aired the tape at the time of Sherrod's forced dismissal. If anyone is guilty of seeking out conflict on this, it's the Obama administration.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.01.15 @ 11:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen. This administration has me more concerned than the carter administration. And thats saying ALOT!

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Fox News didn't air the whole tape before the WH jumped the gun and forced Sherrod's resignation, but FoxNews.com FoxNation.com, BigGovernment.com, and Bill O'reilly were all over that shit that whole Monday (and now have it taken down off their websites!). In fact, O'reilly was calling for Sherrod's resignation and in the middle of his segment... fox airs, "Breaking News! Sherrod Resigns!"

So yeah, the WH made a stupid move to fall for another edited hit job via Brietbart, but it was FOX looking for a controversial story and Breitbart putting up edited videos, i.e. propaganda. "Journalism" at it's finest!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

is this about the use of the word "mongrel" or something? Last night the local hack on 740 AM was ranting about racism and the Obama administration and blah blah blah and doing that smug thing that he does and I immediately turned it off. All I caught was that some black person in the government used the term "mongrel" or something like that and that some people were really pissed off.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    is this about the use of the word "mongrel" or something? Last night the local hack on 740 AM was ranting about racism and the Obama administration and blah blah blah and doing that smug thing that he does and I immediately turned it off. All I caught was that some black person in the government used the term "mongrel" or something like that and that some people were really pissed off.
    That was none other than "Captain Kickass" himself:

President Obama calls African-Americans a ‘mongrel people’

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH Wahoo View Post

Lmfao @ "Captain Kickass"!
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VH Wahoo View Post

ah ok...thanks for posting that. I read the article...seems like another example of a trumped up and contrived contraversy.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by travas65 View Post
    Amen. This administration has me more concerned than the carter administration. And thats saying ALOT!
    I'm not a blue collar guy myself but, quite frankly, this country is headed for the shitter no matter who is in charge if we don't start creating more manufacturing jobs. Having to rely on foreign countries to produce our goods is not right for us. We'll never be able to survive for the long haul as a "services only" nation.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabby gabbster View Post
    Fox News didn't air the whole tape before the WH jumped the gun and forced Sherrod's resignation, but FoxNews.com FoxNation.com, BigGovernment.com, and Bill O'reilly were all over that shit that whole Monday (and now have it taken down off their websites!). In fact, O'reilly was calling for Sherrod's resignation and in the middle of his segment... fox airs, "Breaking News! Sherrod Resigns!"

So yeah, the WH made a stupid move to fall for another edited hit job via Brietbart, but it was FOX looking for a controversial story and Breitbart putting up edited videos, i.e. propaganda. "Journalism" at it's finest!
    But dude Fox news didn't force Sherrod to talk about a white farmer in front of a black audience.The question here should be is why in the hell is a public official using the race card to begin with???

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

The context of the whole speech..the entire video, she clarifies that it isn't about race but about class, about poor people. She came to change her views and realized this was an issue of poor people that need help, black or white. Fox and Breitbart made into race. Funny no one jumped on this fake contraversy the days it happened, until now that the spin machine has turned this into a WH only fuckup.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabby gabbster View Post
    The context of the whole speech..the entire video, she clarifies that it isn't about race but about class, about poor people. She came to change her views and realized this was an issue of poor people that need help, black or white. Fox and Breitbart made into race. Funny no one jumped on this fake contraversy the days it happened, until now that the spin machine has turned this into a WH only fuckup.
    The issue is'nt about the whole video or speech,it's about playing the race card when it wasn't needed in the first place.If she was speaking about poor people she should have just left it at that.