Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Mass. Sen. Kerry docks yacht in RI, saving $500K

BOSTON – Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry is docking his family's new $7 million yacht in neighboring Rhode Island, allowing him to avoid paying roughly $500,000 in taxes to his cash-strapped home state.

If the Isabel were kept at the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee's summer vacation home on Nantucket or in Boston Harbor near his city residence, he would be liable for $437,500 in one-time sales tax. He would also have to pay $70,000 in annual excise taxes.

Rhode Island repealed those taxes in 1993. That has made the state something of a nautical tax haven.

Kerry spokesman David Wade said Friday the boat is being kept at Newport Shipyard not to evade taxes, but "for long-term maintenance, upkeep and charter purposes."

Wade noted the vessel was designed by Rhode Island boat designer Ted Fontaine and purchased in the state. It was built in New Zealand by Friendship Yachts.

A Department of Revenue spokesman said Kerry would be liable for Massachusetts taxes if he berthed the boat in the Bay State within six months of its purchase. If the Isabel were brought to Massachusetts after that period, the state would have to decide if it wanted to pursue the taxes.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

So what. People do this all time and so whould you if you could save that type of scratch.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Not a huge Kerry fan, but compared to GWB he would've made an awesome president. Real scandal is how this war veteran's reputation was tarnished by lies and manipulations in 2004. The guy fought for his country and was somehow made to appear less patriotic than some idiot who used his father's connection to evade the draft. Shameful.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:21 AM
    Liked 4,792 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Not a huge Kerry fan, but compared to GWB he would've made an awesome president. Real scandal is how this war veteran's reputation was tarnished by lies and manipulations in 2004. The guy fought for his country and was somehow made to appear less patriotic than some idiot who used his father's connection to evade the draft. Shameful.
    Well I wish he would have won because him doing so would have prevented the worst president since Jimmy Carter to be in office right now. I thought nobody could be worse than Bush but Obama is off to winning that race. Had Kerry been elected, you wouldn't have had Health Care though because as you can see now, the party of the president is going to suffer from being in office. Maybe we would have gotten some real effective legislation done.

Anyway to harp on Bush like you do is akin to the "birthers" harping on Obama. Guess what? What Bush did wasn't anything different than what Clinton did. People back then used any influence they could find to prevent going to Vietnam.

Back to the topic at hand though, Kerry also choose not to pay more volunteer taxes for his state taxes in 2003. He chirped how the rich should pay more but when given the chance, he did what every other rich person does. Skip taxes just like this boat.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Kerry is human . He does not want to pay excessive taxes for money that is his or his wifes .But he is also a hippocrite since he is a big supporter of the Cap and Trade bill in the Senate which will raise your fuel and electric and is essentially a tax. And if he did have his boat in Mass then Teresa would just hike up the price of Heinz ketchup to pay for the tax..lol
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:04 AM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer
    Not a huge Kerry fan, but compared to GWB he would've made an awesome president...

Thank god for Obama is all I have to say. This country's finally headed in the right direction.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

the thing most of you are missing is that as a Politician who makes millions under the table he is supposed to be setting an example as to how you want your citizens to act.

I'm glad he never won Presidency because he has "criminal" spelled across his face. Plus the fact that back then when he was running I saw him on a debate and he answered two or three questions with "I don't know how to answer that. I really don't have an answer to that argument." No one wants and indecisive President. Good choice or bad choice, we all make both, as do all of our Presidents, but at the very least they do make a choice. If Kerry had become President it seems he wouldn't have known how to do the job.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Kerry is human . He does not want to pay excessive taxes for money that is his or his wifes .But he is also a hippocrite since he is a big supporter of the Cap and Trade bill in the Senate which will raise your fuel and electric and is essentially a tax. And if he did have his boat in Mass then Teresa would just hike up the price of Heinz ketchup to pay for the tax..lol
    Umm, you do realize she sold off the majority of her shares in Heinz years ago, right? Last I read she holds less than 2% of shares. Her kids hold more than she does.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Umm, you do realize she sold off the majority of her shares in Heinz years ago, right? Last I read she holds less than 2% of shares. Her kids hold more than she does.
    Was a political joke to make a point.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:17 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I have no problem with him doing this, I would have done the same thing.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is a guy who has directly raised your taxes, and then turns around and dodges taxes himself.

Taxes for thee but not for me.

Talk about swiftboating yourself.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    the thing most of you are missing is that as a Politician who makes millions under the table he is supposed to be setting an example as to how you want your citizens to act.

I'm glad he never won Presidency because he has "criminal" spelled across his face. Plus the fact that back then when he was running I saw him on a debate and he answered two or three questions with "I don't know how to answer that. I really don't have an answer to that argument." No one wants and indecisive President. Good choice or bad choice, we all make both, as do all of our Presidents, but at the very least they do make a choice. If Kerry had become President it seems he wouldn't have known how to do the job.
    Yeah, wasnt his big line, "I dont answer hypothetical questions?" whatever.

I dont blame him for parking his boat elsewhere to save some cash, but its the fact he never saw a tax increase he didnt vote for that bothers me. And also, isnt him not mooring it in MA costing jobs there?? I assume the monthly maintence costs on that yacht is more than what most people make in a year.
    Last edited by rchop84; 07.24.10 at 04:27 PM.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    This is a guy who has directly raised your taxes, and then turns around and dodges taxes himself.

Taxes for thee but not for me.

Talk about swiftboating yourself.
    The good ol' "do as I say not as I do". You know, most of us would do something like this if given the opportunity to save a half a million dollars but we don't preach to the world about doing your part like these politicians do.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:34 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

I couldn't care less what either of them do. They are both elitist snobs anyway. Hope they enjoy the yacht and the tax break.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

smart of RI to make themselves a tax haven for these mega yachts...bet it brings a lot of cash into their economy.....

the yacht was designed in RI, sold in RI to a company headquartered in PA and built in New Zealand....the only thing I'm cheesed about is it being built in NZ

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.