Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default When I first came to The Links...

1. I had no clue what was going on Van Halen and just wanted to know what was going on, what happened with Gary, if Sammy was in the band etc...

2. I had no idea there were so many passionate, active fans still talking about them.

3. I did not expect to ever make a second post.

4. I did not expect to get a response to my question within even a few days much less a few moments.

5. I was wasted.

6. I had no idea there was so much hatred, anger and bitterness directed towards one Edward Van Halen.

7. I never, in a million years, would have thought I'd ever talk to anyone from the links off-line.

8. Never in a bajillion years did I think I'd ever make friends with anyone from this site.

9. Never in a gazillion years did I think I'd have phone numbers stored in my cel, hang out with any of you guys for dinner, confide personal thoughts, beliefs or opinions with any of you or see any of you in a bikini.

10. Though I did understand the whole dave vs sam thing, I never truly experienced it until spending some time here.

11. Though I understood VH3 was not well received, I never realized there was so much hate for it.

12. I had not listened to any Van Halen except for VH3 in at least a couple years unless it came on the radio.

13. I had no idea a discussion board could be this active and have this many people online at any given moment engaged in conversation.

14. My beloved Autumn was alive and within a few feet.

15. I never thought The Wife would ever even know about this place.

16. I never thought I'd even remember to check back the next day to see if anyone responded to my post.

17. I was paying just a little over half than I'm paying now in rent.

18. The only online Van Halen website I had any real connection with was the News Desk.

19. I had not heard two of the three tracks from the Greatest Hits double album.

20. I didn't know that the wolfgang and a strat had the same scale length.

So there you go, twenty things that came to me off the top of my head as I sip on a vodka/coke and watch TNA Wrasslin come on. The idea for this thread came to me as I was scarfing down some chili cheese fries.

I honestly can't believe I'm still hanging out around here...granted I'm sure there are plenty of you that wished I wasn't...but whatever, go hug one.

The Links are what I make of them and I've made them a place that has provided me some really wonderful friendships.

Love goes out to Lode and Tabby, Rock Candy and Filthy, Monkeyboy, (and his new missus) KT and Eddie, Poundcake and SNIC, Hurricane and Tracey, SEA and Sixstring, Sisca, LL, Lovesevhsince, Wruff and the rest of you.

I particularly cherish Wruff because he told me I was a terrible person and psychologically damaged and yet we've become pals. I like that.

What were you guys thinking when you first came on? Where were you when you joined? Why did you join? Why are you still around?

have fun.
    Last edited by broken9500; 07.15.10 at 06:18 PM.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

I will tell you if someone had said to me when I started this place in 1999 that it would still be around in 2010, I'd have laughed at them. Especially with the fact that Van Halen has pretty much been a trainwreck since the day it came online.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I will tell you if someone had said to me when I started this place in 1999 that it would still be around in 2010, I'd have laughed at them. Especially with the fact that Van Halen has pretty much been a trainwreck since the day it came online.
    Thanks for keeping it alive all these years. Through the hackers, trolls and "fisticuffs," others woulda thrown it the towel and told us to "pound sand."

Because of you, love has been found, friendships have formed and little family in Texas came in to being. And you are our Godfather.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Try leaving it sometime. You'll come back. It's hard to stay away from this dysfunctional family.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I found this place shortly after Gary left the band.
    I got carried away with myself and had some fun and we all know that THAT story which I am glad is way in the rear view mirror now and I thank Brett for letting me stay around.

10 1/2 years I myself and many other "old timers" have been coming here wasting time when we probably could have been doing something more constructive, but fuck Van Halen IS a lifestyle, like it or not. Sure they have given us as close to jack squat in that time but friendships have been made, some in person and some just cyber.

Has there been any "Love Connections" made here that have resulted in any marriages and kids?

This is like a little get away place for some of us, to get away from our normal everyday lives.

THANKS BRETT Now we just have to align our forces to make sure that the Miami "Tamperers" don't EVER win a title as currently constructed.
    If Boston or LA suffer a great season ending loss to a key player (KG, PP Rondo for Boston or Kobe, Gasol for LA) those teams must make a short term trade to send the stars to the other team for next to nothing and then send them back in the off season.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

This place is fast and danger.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Try leaving it sometime. You'll come back. It's hard to stay away from this dysfunctional family.
    It's true. After I finished college, I wasn't online as much, I guess I went 2 years without logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Thanks Brett. You almost make a USC fan tolerable.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

When I came here I was still relatively new to the internet and somehow I had heard there was talk of Dave being back in the band so I went searching and found this place. Used to be more involved in the Van Halen side of things "back in the day". Sure was glad there was a community like this to be a part of back on September 11, 2001. There have been some people I've thought were complete assholes and others I thought might be cool to hang out with, but I've tried to treat everyone here by the ol' Golden Rule. Failed a couple of times, but I think for all my posts I've done all right. I think it's great to see stuff like the way the Texxas contingent has come together, and my mod brethern (and sistern), and people have found love and lost love and had kids and lost family members and friends, both of the two legged and four legged kind. Pretty much everything except a true Van Halen reunion and/or album. I gave up trying to leave a long time ago - I've tried a couple of times but...

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

I was 15 and in a total irrational and teenage angst ridden state of mind. I never expected to hang around and I never thought what some people on here would come to mean to me. Just check out my thread, I NEVER expected to use this place as some kind of online journal or place to rant about things other than VH. This is the only place in existence where I can talk, rant or rave at any hour of the day and always feel heard.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    that's what I keep hoping my ex-girlfriend thinks

actually, this place is a lot more reliable.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

When I first came to the Links my eyes were opened to one things I was totally unaware of: The Rothtards.

Swear to god I had no idea there was this cult segment of the VH fanbase that was so rabidly sucking Dave's cock and so over the top full of hate towards Sam.

Obviously 1984 was a tremendous time to be a fan of this band and it was never topped. But damn, 1986 was pretty kick ass too when 5150 came out. I can't believe there were so many VH fans not on board with it.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yes, I remember when I first came to the Links. And you guys might not know this, but I considered myself a bit of a VH fan at the time. I thought of myself as a one-man VH fan club. But when TP found the Links and I was introduced to Brett's world, I knew he was one of my own. And my VH fan club... it grew by one. So there... there were three of us in the VH fan club... I was alone first in the club, and then TP and I joined the Links later.

And six TLWs ago, after Brett introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added a bunch more friends to my fan club. A bunch of us fans, traveling around the world together, to Texas, looking for Casa Giles and Casa Lain. So tonight, I make a toast!

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Who....in THEE hell....is Eddie Van Halen?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I came her for several reason, none of which were Van Halen.

I thought it was a dating site. Specifically a site filled with Valerie Bertinelli look alikes, so far I have yet to find anyone that looks like Val.

The second reason was I have been stalking Brett for years, I follow him on the internet. I think Brett and I would make great Bro's, we could re-enact great laker moments at the hoop in his driveway. We would be constantly giving each other High Fives, sending each other text messages, going to sports bars and eating hot wings. Kick ass bro guy stuff.

I knew I didn't like Seenbad the first day he arrived. Still don't. Why he gets the ban button and I dont is beyond me. He must have something on my Bro Brett. High Five Brett cause I got your back Bro!!!!

I like everyone else, kind of.

I really am not as odd as I seam.

I do eat taco's a lot.

I do trap raccoons when they come onto my deck.

I have talked to Goo via the internet, he is not a liar, he really is Austrailan.

I have learned a lot from many different people since I joined this site. My life has changed in some spectacular ways. I honestly would be sad if Brett closed this place down. Its way more than a VH site.

I miss Glenn. Glenn was fucking funny in a dry way that would slip right by you if you were not paying attention.

I have friends all over the world because of this site. My eyes have beeen opened in so many ways because of this site.

No one is bigger than this site. Many people have come and gone. Some people honestly thought they would be missed and the place would impload if they left - WRONG!! This site is a giant community, each personality(except Seenbad) adds to the value.

I am drinking a red bull, I got 2 of them for $5.

I saw a nasty car accident yesterday on my way to the store.

I am still single.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

nice thread jason
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw