Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

08.29.14 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I'd like your opinion on this guitar please

actually, the color more than anything. I have had this early 90's Nuno Washburn for years and I had masked it off a long time ago and sprayed it black over the natural wood in this same pattern It looked nice with those tones, but I decided to try something a little more flashy.

because of the two PUPs, I wasn't able to do the Bumble bee pattern exact...so I did my version.

The jury is still out on the colors. I hated it at first, but when I slapped it back together, it has grown on me some over the past few days.

I still need to take it back apart and wet sand and re clear it because the finish has some orange peel spots going on that need attention.

anyway....any comments are welcome...

thanks...

BTW, I don't think I ever introduced myself in this room, and I don't post all that often although I read here almost daily...and if anyone has a spare bar that goes to this guitar, I'd sure like to have one. It won't take a standard Floyd bar... it's called a Washburn 900 FS I think...

My name is Blaine....

Last edited by LudwigVonDrumCrazy; 07.12.10 at 07:08 PM.
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

Yo dude. I love the N-Series Nuno model. Great tone and plays well. I was always a huge fan of the unfinished look in the original models, but your take is pretty fun. I like that you didn't use the traditional red-black-white, white-black, or yellow-blue colors.

Does it still play like a champ?

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Fable View Post
    Yo dude. I love the N-Series Nuno model. Great tone and plays well. I was always a huge fan of the unfinished look in the original models, but your take is pretty fun. I like that you didn't use the traditional red-black-white, white-black, or yellow-blue colors.

Does it still play like a champ?
    This guitar plays very well..always has. Its very light and a smaller body, which I like sometimes. I have Les Pauls, Flying V's and a few Charvels, but this guitar is always in rotation. I agree about NOT using the traditional colors.
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally I love the colour combination.
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrumCrazy View Post
    This guitar plays very well..always has. Its very light and a smaller body, which I like sometimes. I have Les Pauls, Flying V's and a few Charvels, but this guitar is always in rotation. I agree about NOT using the traditional colors.
    I like it! Yeah...those are great guitars. My buddy bought one in '92. Super light, but have a full rounded sound. What wood were those made of? Can't remember....Alder, basswood?
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    I like it! Yeah...those are great guitars. My buddy bought one in '92. Super light, but have a full rounded sound. What wood were those made of? Can't remember....Alder, basswood?
    they were alder (but for some niggling reason i have swamp ash in mind too, dunno why!) if memory serves, the U.S. versions had the Stephensons cutaway too, they also did a Padauk version, i have a friend who has several N4's (in fact he has quite a few N-series guitars and has started building his own to a very high standard)
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 18,197 Times in 8,991 Posts

You asked, so don't take it the wrong way, but I don't like the color combination. I think the blue and green are too close too each other in the color spectrum.

I think replacing one with a more contrasting color would look better.

Just my $0.02.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

What I like about it is that you dont see those colors together, so it makes it unique.Never checked out an N-4 personally and am surprised to hear how light they are. For some reason I always thought just the opposite.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't worry about hurting my feelings man.
    I wouldn't have asked if I thought people weren't
    going to have different opinions.

That was actually my reason for not liking
    it very much. They are very similar in color.

It just seemed like all the other combos had
    either been done to death or would end up looking
    like a sports teams colors.

I am also going to attempt Eddies purple kramer soon though.
    My version though.
    Last edited by LudwigVonDrumCrazy; 07.13.10 at 11:39 AM.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrumCrazy View Post
    Don't worry about hurting my feelings man.
    I wouldn't have asked if I thought people weren't
    going to have different opinions.

That was actually my reason for not liking
    it very much. They are very similar in color.

It just seemed like all the other combos had
    either been done to death or would end up looking
    like a sports teams colors.

I am also going to attempt Eddies purple kramer soon though.
    My version though.
    i built my own version of a 5150 using bright Orange and Silver, it looked so awesome it's my main axe these days!....i love the colour combination mate, I'd be tempted to relic it a little though, but thats just me.

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i built my own version of a 5150 using bright Orange and Silver, it looked so awesome it's my main axe these days!....i love the colour combination mate, I'd be tempted to relic it a little though, but thats just me.
    It's funny. The whole relic'ing thing has gotten so huge. I remember around last year...I was playing out, and I brought my '68 Strat. There were some friends there I had'nt seen for quite some time. One, a guitar player goes, "Hey nice relic job on the Strat!" I'm goin' "What relic.....dude...I've owned the guitar for twenty years, and I play this thing all the time! haha" Any marks on that guitar came about gettin' them the old fashioned way....it earned them!
    Just strikes me funny, although there are some real nice relics out there. I've done some of my Van Halenized guitars....hell, that's the way they look best.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

yup, i have a '62 sunburst strat that people think is a custom shop relic, they don't seem to believe me when i tell them its a real one and the ageing is from the hard life its had at the hands of me and my dad. i do prefer 'real ageing' or what i consider to be real road wear, im notorious for trashing guitars but i enjoyed 'relicing' my Kramer, it fits nicely in my collection i think the only guitar thats still in great/good condition, wear wise, is my Gibson MIII, the thing is indestructable, its been dropped, thrown, stood on, had beer/wine/whiskey poured on it ciggerettes stubbed out on it and the damn thing only has 1 tiny chip on it and a few minor scratches....i hate it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    yup, i have a '62 sunburst strat that people think is a custom shop relic, they don't seem to believe me when i tell them its a real one and the ageing is from the hard life its had at the hands of me and my dad. i do prefer 'real ageing' or what i consider to be real road wear, im notorious for trashing guitars but i enjoyed 'relicing' my Kramer, it fits nicely in my collection i think the only guitar thats still in great/good condition, wear wise, is my Gibson MIII, the thing is indestructable, its been dropped, thrown, stood on, had beer/wine/whiskey poured on it ciggerettes stubbed out on it and the damn thing only has 1 tiny chip on it and a few minor scratches....i hate it!
    Haha! Yeah! I've never coddled my guitars. Their always out there in the open, either on stands, or leaning against a wall in my studio. I've had people tell I'm nuts for doing that, but hey.......When inspiration strikes, and it calls for a different sound, I don't have to find the guitar In whatever case, it's just right there. Plug and play. Don't really care about little dings here and there. Sometimes pulling a cord off the wall, the plug will fall and swing around and clip something but oh well......happens on stage or whatever too. Ehhhh.....If I owned a 3000 dollar EVH Wolfy or something ultra collectable which I don't anymore....yeah...I'd treat that alot better. At least till that first innevitable ding or scratch. then it's just another stable donkey! lol

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

PersonallyI hate the whole artificial relic fad that just wont die. Every guitar that has been a #1 of mine has also been treated the same way-never put in a case, leaning against the wall or on top of an amp, and despite the normal dings and dents nothing drastic has ever happened to any of them. On the other hand my closet queens seem to scratch or get marked up just by opening the case go figure.

I just read a post on a forum where a guy wanted to buy a new neck instead of spending for a refret and it just boggled the mind. I told him I had logged so many hours and years on my old 85 62 reissue Tele that the neck fits like a glove and why would he want to lose that feel as that is what really breaking in an ax is all about. To be honest he said he never thought of it that way and went for the refret.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread is about MY guitar..NOT your fucking relics man !!!!

I hope you get the joke...(hint)....insert hip for relic...