Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:25 PM
    Liked 701 Times in 247 Posts

Default Charvel San Dimas Dimensional Drawing

Does anyone have a dimensional drawing of a San Dimas body? I've found a decent undistorted photo that'll provide a good 1:1 copy using Photoshop. Just checking to see if anyone has anything better - Thanks!

Eruption
    Last Online

Also...

If anyone has an extra Charvel neckplate that they want to get rid of, let me know. I'm trying to get some parts together to build a Charvel Demartini Ratt Bomber. It's obviously not going to be 100% authentic but that's cool!

After checking prices on eBay, I may be forced to make a custom etched plate or just use a plain chrome one. I had one made in the past and they turnout fairly nice. All of the black in the image represents chrome. The lighter shades (including white) are various depths in the etching process.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey there-
    sorry to detour this thread, but how exactly are you getting these neck plates made?
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Red43j View Post
    Hey there-
    sorry to detour this thread, but how exactly are you getting these neck plates made?
    Hello Red,

www.fsrshop.com

I don't know the actual engraving process. I do know that designing for a Chrome neckplate, you keep in mind that the black areas are Chrome and the other shades and gradients determine by the engraving depth.

This neckplate was engraved by FSR in the same manner:

Eruption
    Last Online

Since the hardware on this guitar will be black, I made a color change from chrome to black-duh! Anyway, here's what I received in the mail today - I like it!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Lad-
    Hope someone has helped you out. Let me see your stuff when you get it done. DIG the neck plates, and you gave me an idea on something to do for a build I'm working one. Thanks!
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Eruption
    Last Online

Hey Lad-
    Hope someone has helped you out. Let me see your stuff when you get it done. DIG the neck plates, and you gave me an idea on something to do for a build I'm working one. Thanks!
    Hello Red,

I couldn't find anything on the net regarding a San Dimas template so I resorted to photoshop for a 1:1 print. I found an Undistorted San Dimas image that was perfectly flat. I scaled the image in photoshop and printed 4 cropped images and assembled it into the yellow guitar below. Made a template and cut some wood! I used Basswood for the body and although it's light, it's unforgiving as far as nicks, dents, etc. Hopefully I'll have the body finished sanded in the next few days. So far, so good!

Hey...Hope your idea from the neckplates worksout! If I may ask, What is it?

Eruption
    Last Online

Almost done with the body...checking measurements with a mock build:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Hello Red,

I couldn't find anything on the net regarding a San Dimas template so I resorted to photoshop for a 1:1 print. I found an Undistorted San Dimas image that was perfectly flat. I scaled the image in photoshop and printed 4 cropped images and assembled it into the yellow guitar below. Made a template and cut some wood! I used Basswood for the body and although it's light, it's unforgiving as far as nicks, dents, etc. Hopefully I'll have the body finished sanded in the next few days. So far, so good!

Hey...Hope your idea from the neckplates worksout! If I may ask, What is it?

Hey LAD-
    First off, cool design...is it based off of anything? As far as the neck plate, if you have seen my other thread, building a Hot For teacher, I wanted to do up a neck plate for the back of my HFT. I have one neck plated that has a really cool EVH pic on it (I found it on Ebay a long time back and its on my Unchined Guitar). I don't have a specific idea per say as to what I'm gonna do just yet, but I wanna borrow the EVH art series logo, as well as a few stripes, and have it put onto the neck plate (I did consider finding a chick dressed in a teachers type of outfit, ala the video, lol). I have been considering having a new neck plate made for my Unchained guitar, that has the EVH logo and some of the crop circles...anyways, there ya have it. BTW, the stuff you made looks pretty clean. Good stuff!

**EDIT** I have no idea why I thought you were gonna try to paint the design of the guitar paintjob that you used for the body shape after all, you did order a Ratt neckplate lol!
    Last edited by Red43j; 08.03.10 at 04:11 PM.

Eruption
    Last Online

Hey LAD-
    First off, cool design...is it based off of anything? As far as the neck plate, if you have seen my other thread, building a Hot For teacher, I wanted to do up a neck plate for the back of my HFT.
    Hello Red,

The design for my neckplate was based off of the Ratt Bomber Guitar - hardly original on my end. - HA! Hopefully my guitar will resemble it when finished:
    http://www.charvel.com/pdf/demartini_bomber.pdf

Also, I don't know if this will help you layout your design but here's my Art Series file - minus the Charvel logo - if you want to try different designs. The scale should be correct if you use the FSRShop.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was thinking about making my own serial numbers (when I take a guitar I've built to Guitar Center, they don't typically have serial numbers, so maybe have a homemade serial number etched onto the plate would be fun and help the sales kids? LOL) As far as the design, I may have to mess with it a tad, just so I can make it my own, ya know? ;-) Hey, i'm sending you a PM btw. Cheers!

Eruption
    Last Online

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lou-
    PERFECT! ACES!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LAD-
    If its possible, one slight change...Shrink the EVH logo, and put the old style Kramer logo above it, and its just the way I had pictured it! Thanks buddy!

Eruption
    Last Online

LAD-
    If its possible, one slight change...Shrink the EVH logo, and put the old style Kramer logo above it, and its just the way I had pictured it! Thanks buddy!
    Josh - just refresh this page and scroll up. The file was replaced - hopefully it'll work for you!