Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Default What's Up With Peavey Wolfgang Pricing...?

Why is it that people are asking for more money for a used Korean Special than a USA Special?

Shouldn't the Koreans be like half of the USA prices?

And then, when you explain that and make an offer on one, they get all offended...

I grabbed a USA Special for $600 bucks 3 weeks ago and the Koreans are like in the $8-900 range...

I wouldn't mind a Korean one too, but not at those $$$$$$$$$'s
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h*bunter View Post
    Why is it that people are asking for more money for a used Korean Special than a USA Special?

Shouldn't the Koreans be like half of the USA prices?

And then, when you explain that and make an offer on one, they get all offended...

I grabbed a USA Special for $600 bucks 3 weeks ago and the Koreans are like in the $8-900 range...

I wouldn't mind a Korean one too, but not at those $$$$$$$$$'s
    Wow! Haven't been on the Bay in a while, so have not seen quite that spread, but yeah.......I have seen them wanting the same amount as the American models in the reserve. Dunno. Guess it's like when I was talking to a buddy about his Epiphone. He got real pissy with me over a comment I made about the pickups. They fed back with brutal squeal in just about any situation. Told him he should put some Duncans or "Real Gibson's". He got offended, and said my guitars would do the same thing, and how his Epi and Gibsons are made by the same company. Kinda weird reaction. You tell them the truth and they take it like they think you're pointing and laughing at them.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Just people trying to make a quick buck and in some cases they have conveniently left out that it is a Korean model. I don't look often, but when I see those boldface printed serial numbers beginning with 02 or 03 I have to chuckle when there is no mention of the guitar being Korean. There are some excellent guitars made in Korea (I have a Gretsch which is great), but the consensus on the Peavey Wolfgang is that it wasn't a good move on the part of the company. Of course there are people who are happy with their Korean Wolfgang models. I've only ever played one in a music store and it was lacking in some way when compared to my USA Special. It's just not right to sell them at a higher price without mentioning the country of origin. There have to be a good many buyers who don't have a clue about the USA vs. Korean aspect. They probably just think they're getting an EVH-designed Wolfgang at way less than the current Fender Wolfgang prices.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:32 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

This seems to happen quite a bit on Ebay. You just have to know what you're looking for. The Korean is a really solid axe for the $500 price range. The only real drawback is the die cast Floyd (which is easily replacable if need be). The USA specials are actually probably underpriced. You can usually find them for $600. Great guitars. Maybe a little plain jane in the looks department, but how many other USA signature guitars (or USA guitars period) can you find for under a grand?

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

The EXPs really shouldn't be going for anything more than $500 tops. Back when they were new there were several stores not selling them for anything more than that even. The deal is they look "fancy" with their veneer tops; they photograph well, and people buy the thing based on how it looks. I've combed over the completed auctions a lot more recently, and it does seem as though EXP prices (FINAL prices, that is) have come back down to Earth a bit. The steal and deal on Wolfgangs is still the USA Special.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Tsk, tsk, one of your Wolfies laying face down on the stage floor like that...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

This is just one screwed up guitar in the resale department.To be honest I think it is 1/3 who know what they are looking for and 2/3 who are clueless. Andrews favorite power seller Pithespy lol has been selling EXPs for close to 2 years now for $1,050, where she gets her figures is anyones guess but she has always stated that the guitar is Korean made just like her mint guitars come with 2 or 3 scratches and 3 or 4 sharpy indentations. I have actually seen guys skip over a mint Flame top US Special to pay more for an EXP-go figure. Now there is a buzz on Black Standard PAT PEND models because I believe the Vintage Guitar guide has them listed at $1,800 -$2,000. I had not checked in on them in some time and saw a beautiful Sky Blue CS model that sold for $2,800. But if you are going to grab a Special wait till a US flame top comes up as they are not only killer players but great eye candy too.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

07.31.10 @ 09:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had a red flame US Standard with a hard tail on Craigslist for months and hardly getting any bites at all. I started the price at $1000 and am now down to $850. Someone just offered me $700 and won't go any higher. Now I realize it's a stop tail, but $700? The thing is in pretty good shape, too. AT has seen it and set it up.

I remember stoptails getting over a grand a year or 2 ago. Go figure.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krabby5 View Post
    I've had a red flame US Standard with a hard tail on Craigslist for months and hardly getting any bites at all. I started the price at $1000 and am now down to $850. Someone just offered me $700 and won't go any higher. Now I realize it's a stop tail, but $700? The thing is in pretty good shape, too. AT has seen it and set it up.

I remember stoptails getting over a grand a year or 2 ago. Go figure.
    Dude, hang on to yours until the economy gets better and Wolf prices go back up. Stop tails have always sold for less, and red has never been a sought-after color. Your Wolf was in top-notch condition and should fetch a decent price once things are normalish again. You'll otherwise probably have to take what will be a regrettable amount if you really want to move it right now.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

07.31.10 @ 09:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    Dude, hang on to yours until the economy gets better and Wolf prices go back up. Stop tails have always sold for less, and red has never been a sought-after color. Your Wolf was in top-notch condition and should fetch a decent price once things are normalish again. You'll otherwise probably have to take what will be a regrettable amount if you really want to move it right now.
    yeah...I'm not really desperate..that's why it's still on CL. I wonder if the new Fender Wolfie Specials are partly to blame for the lower market value for the used Peaveys?

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I doubt the new Wolves have anything to do with it as you can go on that ebay page and get a dead mint one for $2,200 and I have seen as low as 2K. All you have to do is be patient and you will find just about any guitar you want for a bargain. I just read in a magazine the market was down 29% the worst it has ever been. Now I am just like everyone else here a player first who happens to have accumelated a nice size herd of guitars over the years, but it is a trip sometimes to drop in on a collector forum and to see how these guys think.

I would never buy another production model Fender when you can go on the bay and find a dealer selling Custom Shop guitars for $2,100 like a Clapton that goes for $3,500 at GC. Like Andrew said when the economy changes you will see prices going back up. Everyone was laughing at the guy with the Pink EVH for 10.5K and a friend of mine listed one on ebay for 7K, not even mint as it had a few cracks and scratches it did not sell so he went to 5K for a week the same thing.He was sounding depressed so I said what is the rush and he said he needed the money and was getting offers for $2,600, $2,700. I told him to say hey they only made 200 if you want it get serious. He sold it today for 4K=NOT BAD .

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Peavey Wolfgang First Year Quilt Sunburst sold for $900: http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-PEAVEY-EVH-...item56401735e8. There was another one, purple I believe, that went for less than $1,200. I've seen some flame top Specials go for $700. Peavey Wolfgang prices are insanely low right now.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Peavey Wolfgang First Year Quilt Sunburst sold for $900: http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-PEAVEY-EVH-...item56401735e8. There was another one, purple I believe, that went for less than $1,200. I've seen some flame top Specials go for $700. Peavey Wolfgang prices are insanely low right now.
    That seller obviously didn't know what he had. If he did the buy it now price would of been higher. Did you see the serial number on this guitar? That is by far the highest number I have seen on a quilt top.
    \m/ VH \m/

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:14 AM
    Liked 61 Times in 30 Posts

Donor

Holy cow!!
    Somebody got an awesome deal!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

It is just mind blowing as I saw both those guitars sell, though I will say the Purple quilt was one of the worst tops I ever saw and looked more like a solid paint job.lol But a really nice close to mint Amber only fetched $1,400 a month before them. I still see the Exps selling steady at the 1K mark and to be honest I just cant figure out the pricing. The EVH Wolfgang Standards can be had dead mint for 2K if you keep your eyes open and even in the 18 to 1,900 range. The most stable are the EBMM EVHs which clean go for $2,500 though last winter there were a lot selling in the high teens mint, while the Wolfs were selling for just about the same. Bottom line it is a complete buyers market on everything, right after the Fender price hike was announced three months later they were all priced cheaper than before the hike, and PRS guitars can be had for a song and dance.

Just be grateful if you are in a position where you can enjoy your axes and maybe pick up something you always wanted for a bargain. Sooner or later things will change-they always do.