Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default ....never taking his eye off the real enemy: The wimps in the White House

Stanley McChrystal, Obama's top commander in Afghanistan, has seized control of the war by never taking his eye off the real enemy: The wimps in the White House

Even though he had voted for Obama, McChrystal and his new commander in chief failed from the outset to connect. The general first encountered Obama a week after he took office, when the president met with a dozen senior military officials in a room at the Pentagon known as the Tank. According to sources familiar with the meeting, McChrystal thought Obama looked "uncomfortable and intimidated" by the roomful of military brass.

Their first one-on-one meeting took place in the Oval Office four months later, after McChrystal got the Afghanistan job, and it didn't go much better. "It was a 10-minute photo op," says an adviser to McChrystal. "Obama clearly didn't know anything about him, who he was. Here's the guy who's going to run his fucking war, but he didn't seem very engaged. The Boss was pretty disappointed."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...RS_show_page=0
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Someone had to say it the way it is and stop pandering to the Obama administration. He did wrong as a Soldier, but right as a citizen..."Decent is the greatest form of patriotism"
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Reads to me like his aid said it, not him. BFD.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Gen Stanley McChrystal submits resignation...

CNN is reporting that General Stanley McChrystal, the U.S. military’s top commander in Afghanistan, has submitted his resignation following White House furor over incendiary remarks he made to Rolling Stone. The network heard the news from Time magazine’s Joe Klein, who heard it from an anonymous source. CNN says it’s currently working to independently confirm the story.

Word of McChrystal’s reported stepping down falls in line with an earlier prediction by Politico’s Mike Allen, who reported that “[p]ublic and private signs from the administration point to President Barack Obama firing—or accepting the resignation of—Gen. Stanley McChrystal after careless, smart-aleck comments he and his staff made to Rolling Stone.” (Mike Allen, soothsayer, is definitely the combination of the Holy Ghost and a Founding Father that The New York Times said he was!) White House press secretary Robert Gibbs hinted at the commander’s resignation in a press conference this afternoon, telling reporters that President Obama could very well demand McChrystal’s departure. “All options are on the table,” Gibbs said presciently.

Update 5:50 p.m.: CBS News confirms McChrystal offered Obama his letter of resignation. Obama, however, wants to meet before accepting or declining his offer.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    Someone had to say it the way it is and stop pandering to the Obama administration. He did wrong as a Soldier, but right as a citizen..."Decent is the greatest form of patriotism"
    It's nice to be decent to people, but dissent is pretty patriotic too.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Can't wait to see the responses here about this.

Before the election in 08 I posted an RS article that showed FACTS showing the blatant misrepresentation of John McCain's military history and past.

One example: Everybody lauds McCain for being a hero by not surrendering in the POW camp. What isn't told was that EVERY other soldier being held in that camp was given the offer, before McCain was, to give up information in exchange for escape, yet they didn't either. McCain wasn't the only one.

First thing people posted was that how can you trust RS.

Interested to see what people say about this.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I think the General, and his staff, knew exactly what they were doing when he granted the interview, and they made their comments. I think he walks into the Oval Office tomorrow, looks Obama in the eye and tells it like it is, and I think he resigns, period. And I think we'll be hearing much more of him in the months and years to come.

I also think the vaunted Rolling Stone has been had, and I think it's funny.
    Last edited by Red; 06.22.10 at 07:10 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

He's already resigned.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    He's already resigned.
    But will Darth Obama accept it?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    But will Darth Obama accept it?

Correct, I read that Obama wants to meet and discuss before accepting or rejecting the resignation.

Actually, that's in this thread. The Links, a viable news source.
    Last edited by Red; 06.22.10 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Would love to be a fly on the wall for the meet-up.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Hard to believe he voted for BO in the first place. Not that I liked McCain either. Time for your MacArthur speach now Stanley.
    Last edited by edwardv; 06.22.10 at 07:47 PM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dumb.

The General is dumb for allowing a reporter to be within earshot of this stuff. Plus the General got to review the article before publication and he was fine with it.

The President is dumb because the General should have been relieved of command before he boarded the plane in Afghanistan. There is no gray area here, and a good (smart) President would have already canned the General already. This is not a political issue, it is a leadership issue.

I like McChrystal, I don't like Obama, but in this case Obama needed to fire the general after a brief phone call. Why can't this President make a simple decision?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Dumb.

The General is dumb for allowing a reporter to be within earshot of this stuff. Plus the General got to review the article before publication and he was fine with it.

The President is dumb because the General should have been relieved of command before he boarded the plane in Afghanistan. There is no gray area here, and a good (smart) President would have already canned the General already. This is not a political issue, it is a leadership issue.

I like McChrystal, I don't like Obama, but in this case Obama needed to fire the general after a brief phone call. Why can't this President make a simple decision?
    Exactly right.

Like him or not, Obama is commander in chief.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 788 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

That the commanding general in this war finally called out the President certainly says a hell of a lot about the divisions between this lame and incompetent president and the good people fighting and dying for this country.

McChrystal never has denied that he said those things. He said it alright, and meant every word. Although he's acknowledged that what he said about this president wasn't proper for a person in his position to say, he's not denied it one bit.

McChrystal knew exactly what he was doing. It was calculated on his part. And so now he's been summoned to the White House by Obama to tell shithead Obama to his face. Good. We're probably losing a good commander, but I'm glad that McChrystal shoved a stick up Obama's ass for the world to see before he leaves. He cares too much about the people risking their lives and dying every day, and has experienced first hand quite enough of Obama's incompetence as Commander and Chief.

This dumbass Chicago community organizer Obama is completely unqualified to be Commander and Chief, and our fighting men and women know this all too well. This is tragic, and extremely unfortunate that it had to come to this. McChrystal though, whos hands have been tied by Obama since day one, knows better than anyone that this had to be done. It is tragic though that it's come to this.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 788 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    Reads to me like his aid said it, not him. BFD.
    Largely in that article, yes, McChrystal's staff is largely quoted. Though the General's criticisms of the president, his war policies, as well as criticisms towards Obama's staff and VP today and in the past certainly paint a picture of serious disgust on the part of the general towards Obama. Add to McChrystal's criticisms the expressions of the General's staff regarding the General's feelings towards the president, his policies, and war cabinet and we get the picture. Quite clearly. And McChrystal's denied none of it. He did, after all, clear the article for publication.
    Wednesday should be interesting.

"I think it's clear that the article in which he and his team appeared showed a poor -- showed poor judgment," Obama said, surrounded by members of his Cabinet at the close of their meeting. "But I also want to make sure that I talk to him directly before I make any final decisions."

Yeah they said it Obama. And you're really one to talk about "poor judgement" aren't ya. Fire yourself jerkoff.
    Really sucks that it had to come to this. Especially going into this offensive in Kandahar. But Obama's the real disgrace. Is a terrible thing when your armies have zero confidence in their Commander-in-Chief.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_