Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Fair Pay for Undocumented Workers...

If you enter this country illegally and are working, yet feel that you are not getting your justly due compensation, please call the Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis, and she will make sure this gets fixed straight-away.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Can I call her to get my traffic tickets fixed too?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

So...the government is helping illegals get more money, while continually raising my taxes. Great.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Fact Sheet #48: Application of U.S. Labor Laws to Immigrant Workers: Effect of Hoffman Plastics decision on laws enforced by the Wage and Hour Division

On March 27, 2002, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Hoffman Plastic Compounds, Inc. v. NLRB, No. 00-1595 (S. Ct.), that the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) lacked authority to order back pay to an undocumented worker who was laid off from his job because of union activities.

In Hoffman Plastics, the Supreme Court decided that providing back pay to the undocumented worker would conflict with policies under U.S. immigration laws. Those laws require employees to present documents establishing their identity and authorization to work at the time they are hired. An employer must check those documents and cannot knowingly hire someone who is not authorized to work. In Hoffman Plastics, the employee presented false documentation when he was hired. He was later laid off for trying to organize a union, in violation of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). The NLRB sought back pay for a period of time after the layoff. The Supreme Court concluded that back pay should not be awarded "for years of work not performed, for wages that could not lawfully have been earned, and for a job obtained in the first instance by a criminal fraud."

The Supreme Court's decision does not mean that undocumented workers do not have rights under other U.S. labor laws. In Hoffman Plastics, the Supreme Court interpreted only one law, the NLRA. The Department of Labor does not enforce that law. The Supreme Court did not address laws the Department of Labor enforces, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA), that provide core labor protections for vulnerable workers. The FLSA requires employers to pay covered employees a minimum wage and, in general, time and a half an employee's regular rate of pay for overtime hours. The MSPA requires employers and farm labor contractors to pay the wages owed to migrant or seasonal agricultural workers when the payments are due.

The Department's Wage and Hour Division will continue to enforce the FLSA and MSPA without regard to whether an employee is documented or undocumented. Enforcement of these laws is distinguishable from ordering back pay under the NLRA. In Hoffman Plastics, the NLRB sought back pay for time an employee would have worked if he had not been illegally discharged, under a law that permitted but did not require back pay as a remedy. Under the FLSA or MSPA, the Department (or an employee) seeks back pay for hours an employee has actually worked, under laws that require payment for such work. The Supreme Court's concern with awarding back pay "for years of work not performed, for wages that could not lawfully have been earned," does not apply to work actually performed. Two federal courts already have adopted this approach. See Flores v. Albertson's, Inc., 2002 WL 1163623 (C.D. Cal. 2002); Liu v. Donna Karan International, Inc., 2002 WL 1300260 (S.D.N.Y. 2002).

The Department of Labor is still considering the effect of Hoffman Plastics on other labor laws it enforces, including those laws prohibiting retaliation for engaging in protected conduct.

Where to Obtain Additional Information

For additional information, visit our Wage and Hour Division Website: http://www.wagehour.dol.gov and/or call our toll-free information and helpline, available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in your time zone, 1-866-4USWAGE (1-866-487-9243). Information about the FLSA and MSPA is also available on the Internet.

This publication is for general information and is not to be considered in the same light as official statements of position contained in the regulations.
    U.S. Department of Labor Frances Perkins Building 200 Constitution Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20210
    1-866-4-USWAGE
    TTY: 1-866-487-9243

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs48.pdf
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,148 Times in 8,966 Posts

I have a simple answer to this, EMPLOYERS SHOULD NOT HIRE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!!
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

I dont get this... it depresses me when I think of how hard it is for people who want to go in legally.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I have a simple answer to this, EMPLOYERS SHOULD NOT HIRE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!!
    exactly. you should be heavily fined if you are caught doing so.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    exactly. you should be heavily fined if you are caught doing so.
    I was always heavily informed that if you were caught working illegally you would be deported and the employer heavily fined. That was many years ago so things must have changed radically.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    I dont get this... it depresses me when I think of how hard it is for people who want to go in legally.

Pisses me off too....I won't go on another of my Russian J1 visa bride rants again....but if anyone thinks that a fair amount of these summer workers don't come here to stay, they're wrong.

and good people with skills have to wait and wait and wait

and employers who hire these people because they say they can't find local people to fill the jobs....bull shit...they hire j1 visa employees because they can work them for minimum wage and avoid paying FICA taxes, unemployment taxes, and medicare taxes......plus they never file workers comp claims,, cause they're not here long enough for the process

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Obama's aunt granted U.S. asylum in Boston, 6 years after she was to be deported to Kenya... At least she'll now get fair pay...

Onyango moved to the United States in 2000. Her first asylum request was rejected, and she was ordered deported in 2004. But she did not leave the country and continued to live in public housing in Boston.

Onyango's status as an illegal immigrant was revealed just days before Obama was elected in November 2008. Obama said that he did not know his aunt was living here illegally and that he thought the laws covering the situation should be followed.

A judge later agreed to suspend Onyango's deportation order and reopen her asylum case.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Obama's aunt granted U.S. asylum in Boston, 6 years after she was to be deported to Kenya... At least she'll now get fair pay...

Onyango moved to the United States in 2000. Her first asylum request was rejected, and she was ordered deported in 2004. But she did not leave the country and continued to live in public housing in Boston.

Onyango's status as an illegal immigrant was revealed just days before Obama was elected in November 2008. Obama said that he did not know his aunt was living here illegally and that he thought the laws covering the situation should be followed.

A judge later agreed to suspend Onyango's deportation order and reopen her asylum case.
    Three Years Later, ICE Still Probing Who Leaked Immigration Status Of President Obama’s Aunt

Nearly four years after the 2008 presidential election, internal investigators at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are still probing who leaked the immigration status of then-Sen. Barack Obama’s aunt Zeituni Onyango just three days before voters went to the polls.

Relevant files from ICE’s Office of Professional Responsibility are “part of an ongoing investigation” and will not be disclosed, an ICE official wrote in a Jan. 11 response to TPM’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for documents related to the investigation.

Onyango was granted asylum in the United States because of the leak, which an immigration judge called “reckless.”

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Obama's Illegal Aunt: "You Have The Obligation to Make Me a Citizen"

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

How about you post an original thought voivod. All you do is cut and paste and wait for the aftermath. It's a pussy move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    How about you post an original thought voivod. All you do is cut and paste and wait for the aftermath. It's a pussy move.
    Thank you...

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Atleast we know you know how to post now. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]