Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default WTF.....Part II

OK......I'm watching the game with some buds on the weekend, and a Gillette razor ad comes on. The usual shit.....Slow motion closeups of the however many dozen blades their up to now. A dude shaving his face in the shower.....then, and this is where I heard a loud "pop" in my temple.......a shot of the dude shaving.........his chest. Is it just me on here that finds this a little disturbing? I mean don't get me wrong.... Trimming the field out of consideration for your lady.....Hey why not.....Why force her to floss while dining, but C'MON!!!!!Shaving your freakin' chest as a daily ritual?

I'm serious. It hit us all so sideways that we had fucking tears in our eyes we were laughing so hard with this guy's intense look on his face! My buddies' wife said "I thought only those douchebags on Jersey Shore did that!" So we got to talking about it, and we were asking the other girls there, and they all agreed it seemed really weak. One brought up the Seinfeld episode. Another said that she'd never be caught with a guy so hung up on himself that he'd do that.

So lets have some fun with this. Haha.
    Since this is apparently such a commonplace practice if not requirement in society today, according to fine marketing folks at the Gillette Corporation....Who the hell here on the links shaves their chest?
    And for the ladies on here....'fess up! lol. Is this what you like or expect from your man? No pressure or double standard implied here girls. It just seems so odd. Is this part of the whole "Metrosexual" deal? Maybe I'm just an old fart, but chest hair was always a sign of manhood growing up.
    To me it just seems .....(to clean it up a bit) weird.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 06.21.10 at 03:40 PM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

An old roomate of mine did that and all I said to him is "G.A.Y.......you are GAY!!!". On top of that he shaves his legs! He says it's because he is a bodybuilder but he is just a closet-faggy kind of guy. Happy to get away from him because between the shaving, tight shorts, tight shirts, bandana's, way too much cologne and other woman like behavior, he was one of the most self serving self centered assholes on the planet.
    I deem shaving the chest as pretty freaking gay even outside of the old roomate.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I have a cousin that shaves his balls and his chest. His girlfriend was right there when he was telling me this. She said she likes it better this way. I informed him he was gay and she was his beard.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 17 Posts

I know a guy who shaves all around his asshole and ass crack because he claims quicker cleaner wipes after taking a shit.

And NO, the "I know a guy" line isn't me!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    I have a cousin that shaves his balls and his chest. His girlfriend was right there when he was telling me this. She said she likes it better this way. I informed him he was gay and she was his beard.

Ok...I can understand if you're like a bodybuilder or even a model, actor.... whatever. I just can't understand we've become that vain society that one would feel the need to do this who is a regular everyday guy. " Oh man! gotta shave my chest!" Don't forget the fake tan shit too! Sure thing there, Butch! haha.

Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 06.21.10 at 05:25 PM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    He has balls on his chest??
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 4,805 Times in 2,453 Posts

Premium Member

My cousin used to shave his chest, arms and legs because he said he was too hairy and couldn't stand it. Doesn't do it anymore.

Manscaping is ok but you shouldn't touch your chest. I think it would be ok to remove back fur if you look like a chia pet but you shouldn't touch your legs or chest.

Might as well go full on ghey if you do that.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Yeah I have to say no to this too. My wife is always going on about how I need to shave my chest and I just dont buy it. I can understand manscaping and all that but why the fuck do I need to shave my chest? If I looked like chewie, sure I would do it but im not going to purposely go lookin like a douche
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my bro, when he was on the wrestling team in HS, was required to shave any visible hair since the other guys could pull it.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

swimmers, wrestlers, body builders, models etc all "shave down." That's what they called shaving their face, legs, arms, underarms, chest etc when I was in school.

I knew a couple of guys that just stayed in the habit.

My ex brother in law also shaved down. He's special forces and he said body hair posed various hygiene issues when someone is in the jungle for six weeks to six months at a time or the in the desert or whatever and that it was just easier to shave down. Seems like I recall him saying he got into the habit back in the early 90s and just continued even when not deployed.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of hair below the face for guys or below the eye-brows for girls. I don't shave down, mostly because my disliked hasn't quite grown into a compulsion just yet. I do find myself getting rid of any little hairs on the tops of my feet or hands and knuckles. I HATE the hobbit look...ESPECIALLY on chicks. There are few things that can turn me off as quickly as a girl who has fur on her feet or toes or arms.

But bottom line, I fall into the what's good for the goose is good for the gander group. I expect any woman who wants me to find her attractive to shave her body of anything more than the lightest wisps on her arms. Legs need to be baby butt smooth, same with the under arms and feet. Well, if I'm called to match that, I'd be kind of a prick to say "no."

I don't think it's inherently gay to want to get rid of unwanted body hair. Body hair can be pretty fucking gross looking. Some guys pull it off but in general, the human form looks waaaaaaaaaaay better hairless than it does with hair.

Now I do like hair on the head...I've never been a fan of chicks with shaved heads.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Although I like a guy to take care of himself, I do like a man to look like a man. If it's for hygene reasons, and for some it is, even of they just feel it is, then thats cool but there is nothing more sexy than a light sprinkling of hair on a guys chest. (We're not talking silverback gorilla here) back hair is a definate no-no! And I would be freaked out if a guys legs were smoother than mine... thats just freaking weird!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I have to agree with that. ^

It's a bit much although I've never seen the commercial.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I'll admit it. I just started shaving my chest. I get little tufts/patches of hair, here & there on my chest. It looks like I have mange.

Seriously. I can't even stand to look at it. How a woman would find it "hot", "attractive," or "sexy" is beyond me.

The kicker is, in the last few years, I've been getting back hair. I have more hair on my upper back, than I can grow on my chest. If the hair that has appeared on my back, grew on my chest instead, I'd be cool with that.

Now if I can just convince DMAD to shave the fur on my back, I'll gladly grow back the chest hair.
    Last edited by RRMB; 06.22.10 at 06:47 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Only on the links to we have a thread like this. LOL

I do not shave my chest. My wife has NEVER asked me to either.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Only on the links to we have a thread like this. LOL

I do not shave my chest. My wife has NEVER asked me to either.
    Haha! Well......You can't accuse us of a lack of social commentary!
    At least until some real VH news hits the Links. Not a 20 second spot on Lopez!