Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.26.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Default new forum photo

I want to take the opportunity to thank the member who provided the photo of of Ed during sound check in early 76 or 77. I have long been and non Ed apologist for his nonsense and bullshit over the last many years but after looking at that photo I found myself looking back over a lifetime of high school dance gigs and subsequent bar gigs in Canada. While I can`t say " what the fuck dude? no Problem"... regarding the last several years of management BS and the "Mikey" debacle, I will say that there comes a time in every man`s life to say....

"Fuck new music, Let`s tour with the right line up sober and hire the guy with the best eye for how the band should sound and make a record for everyone who put up with all of the bullshit. For fuck sakes if we did that, then everyone who calls themselves a fan would buy one , and everyone else who wouldn't would be embarrassed not to."

I love the idea of something new but if if it comes with the baggage of explaining that an "old girlfriend came back into town and..." then it becomes kryptonite. Who the fuck wants that?

I say that everyone and their cousin is ready to drop some serious disposable income on a tour that means what everyone knows what I am referring to.

Ed you fuck wad. make a decision and call Mike. Sam is touring with the WABO`s right now. this could be the one and only chance you get.

Mook

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT is NOW FO' DAMN SHO!
    Favorite VH Song

STAY FROSTY
    Last Online

03.24.14 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mookie5 View Post
    I want to take the opportunity to thank the member who provided the photo of of Ed during sound check in early 76 or 77. I have long been and non Ed apologist for his nonsense and bullshit over the last many years but after looking at that photo I found myself looking back over a lifetime of high school dance gigs and subsequent bar gigs in Canada. While I can`t say " what the fuck dude? no Problem"... regarding the last several years of management BS and the "Mikey" debacle, I will say that there comes a time in every man`s life to say....

"Fuck new music, Let`s tour with the right line up sober and hire the guy with the best eye for how the band should sound and make a record for everyone who put up with all of the bullshit. For fuck sakes if we did that, then everyone who calls themselves a fan would buy one , and everyone else who wouldn't would be embarrassed not to."

I love the idea of something new but if if it comes with the baggage of explaining that an "old girlfriend came back into town and..." then it becomes kryptonite. Who the fuck wants that?

I say that everyone and their cousin is ready to drop some serious disposable income on a tour that means what everyone knows what I am referring to.

Ed you fuck wad. make a decision and call Mike. Sam is touring with the WABO`s right now. this could be the one and only chance you get.

Mook
    I know I don't post much here, (yeah, I hear the ones sayin' "Well Then, don't") but I think Mr Mookie summed it all up. One more time with the original line up, Ed and Al's idiosyncrasies and all, and we will all go into our golden years sassified. Close the book, Shut the door, Turn out the light.....
    Now Mr Mookie, witness the power of this fully operational battle forum......( Hey 47, since I'm a peon, maybe you could provide some artwork)
    "I don't normally put any faith in disfunctional iconic rock bands, but, when I do....It is VAN HALEN! Stay Frosty My Friends"-Blayniac

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

You should post more thats what its all about here. Don't hold your breath on any thing though. The 2008 VanWolfgang tour took care of any loss from Eds divorce and put some much needed cash into the Rev Als funds too. Dave probably paid off the mortgage on the Mojo Dojo also. Wolf was already set for life. The brothers just are not musicians anymore.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 6,832 Times in 3,574 Posts

Premium Member

Default 30 Years Gone - Move On

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

I also hope Ed calls Mike one day to ask him to come back to do a tour.

And I also hope Mikey responds with a definitive: "Fuck off."

But Mikey probably wouldn't say that. Mikey cares about the fans.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I also hope Ed calls Mike one day to ask him to come back to do a tour.

And I also hope Mikey responds with a definitive: "Fuck off."

But Mikey probably wouldn't say that. Mikey cares about the fans.
    Geez, I can't understand you. How can you call yourself a Van Halen fan when you would rather see Ed get told off by Mike - and therefore fueling the squabbling - than seeing the original line-up get back together and tour as a unit. It's like your hate for Ed has overtaken your love for the band. Hope for peace and reconciliation, man.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Last Online

02.24.12 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where's the pic?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomb View Post
    Geez, I can't understand you. How can you call yourself a Van Halen fan when you would rather see Ed get told off by Mike - and therefore fueling the squabbling - than seeing the original line-up get back together and tour as a unit. It's like your hate for Ed has overtaken your love for the band. Hope for peace and reconciliation, man.
    How? Because I wouldn't want to see a tour with the original line-up if I knew Mikey was just a hired gun and that Ed and Mike weren't really buddies anymore. I would have no interest in that.

If I had known before the 2004 Tour that Ed made Mikey sign away his place in the band in order to play there is no chance in hell I would have gone.

Now...if I HAD gone.... the on-stage product would have been the same. No question. But it wouldn't feel right at all.

It's no different than when Ed was going through his addiction problems after 2004. People wanted to see VH again without even caring about the fact that Ed had an OBVIOUS problem.

Fans can be selfish. That's the bottom line. They just want to see their concert and move on.

If I were Mike, I'd have a SHIT-LOAD of things to say to Sir Edward before I even CONSIDERED getting up on stage with him again.

Maybe I'm weird in thinking this way. But that's the way I see it.

Would I give my left nut to see the 4 of those guys on stage one last time (seeing as I never got to see them back in the day)? Definitely.

But...I'd much rather see Mikey be happy in Chickenfoot than be invited back into VH knowing Mike would probably be miserable and that there is the risk of Ed potentially shitting on him again. Seeing the original line-up one more time doesn't mean shit to me if that's the case.
    Last edited by MF5150; 06.19.10 at 01:22 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel