Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Gary Brooks Faulkner, Osama Bin Laden Hitman

Something about this sounds familar...

PESHAWAR, Pakistan An American armed with a pistol and a 40-inch (102-centimeter) sword was detained in northern Pakistan and told investigators he was on a solo mission to kill Osama bin Laden, a police officer said Tuesday.

The man, identified as 52-year-old Californian construction worker Gary Brooks Faulkner, said he wanted to cross over into the nearby Afghan province of Nuristan because he had "heard bin Laden was living there", according to officer Mumtaz Ahmad Khan.

Khan also said the man has a small amount of hashish in his possession.

Faulkner was picked up in a forest in the Chitral region late on Sunday, he said.

"We initially laughed when he told us that he wanted to kill Osama bin Laden," said Khan. But he said when officers seized the pistol, the sword, a dagger and night-vision equipment, "our suspicion grew."

He was questioned Tuesday by intelligence officials in Peshawar, the main northwestern city.

Faulkner told police he visited Pakistan seven times, and this was his third trip to Chitral, which is a mountainous region that attracts adventurous Western tourists and hikers. Unlike much of northwestern Pakistan, it is considered relatively safe for foreigners.

Chitral and Nuristan are among several rumored hiding places for the al-Qaida leader, who has evaded a massive U.S. effort to capture him since 2001. The focus of that hunt has been along the Afghan-Pakistan border.

Bin Laden is accused of being behind the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States, as well other terrorist acts. Washington has offered a bounty of $25 million for information leading to his capture.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

I say they let him go do it. What's the worst that could happen?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    I say they let him go do it. What's the worst that could happen?
    If this guy is crazy enough to want to do it, I say...."let him do it!"
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If you're going to do something like this then go all out.

1. Wear a cape and possibly a mask.

2. You should have a utility belt.

3. You should have a catch phrase like: "Up Up and Away!", "This looks like a job for...", or "A man's got to know his limitations".

4. You need a cool car.

5. Face it, these days coporate sponsorship couldn't hurt.

The key is not to get caught, but if you look like a crazy person you won't stand out on that part of the world.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

At least he gave it a run. Goof for him!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

DENVER -- An American on a solo mission to hunt down Osama bin Laden is headed back to the United States, ten days after authorities found him in the woods of northern Pakistan with a pistol, a sword and night-vision equipment.

Gary Faulkner, who has been detained since June 13, left Pakistan early Wednesday and will arrive in Denver later in the day, his brother Scott Faulkner said.

Scott Faulkner said he spoke to his brother briefly Tuesday, and he reported being treated well Pakistan. By the excitement in his brother's voice, Scott Faulkner said he thinks his brother came close to finding bin Laden.

The 50-year-old Gary Faulkner, of Greeley, told officials he was out to kill the al-Qaida leader. Faulkner was then moved to Islamabad, and his brother told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he was being released by the Pakistani government without charges.

"He said he couldn't wait to return to the good ol' U.S. of A," Scott Faulkner said.

Gary Faulkner is an out-of-work construction worker who sold his tools to finance six trips on what relatives have called a Rambo-type mission to kill or capture bin Laden. He grew his hair and beard long to fit in better.

Scott Faulkner told reporters last week that his brother wasn't crazy, just determined to find the man America's military has failed to capture nearly a decade after the 9/11 attacks in the United States.

"Is it out the norm? Yes it is. But is it crazy? No," Scott Faulkner said. "If he wore a uniform and called himself special ops, would he be crazy?"

Another relative told AP on Tuesday he wasn't sure when Faulkner would return to Denver but that it would be in coming days. The relative said Faulkner, who has kidney problems and needs dialysis, has been treated well by Pakistani authorities and is in good spirits.

A senior State Department official, speaking on condition of anonymity due to privacy concerns, said the agency hasn't been told of Faulkner's release and that the family would have the best information, but that Faulker's release was expected soon.

Faulkner, two department officials said, refused to sign a waiver allowing the government to discuss his case publicly.

Faulkner left Colorado in May 30. Scott Faulkner, a physician in the northeastern Colorado town of Fort Morgan, dropped his brother off at the airport and wasn't sure he'd see him again. But he and other relatives have insisted that Gary Faulker left the U.S. unarmed, had a valid visa for Pakistan and was guilty of no crime while there. Indeed, relatives have said they hope the trip encourages more people to look for bin Laden.

"Now there's going to be hopefully a renewed effort to get this guy -- he's still wanted, and he's still out there," Scott Faulkner said last week.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

this guy is my new hero!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Gary Faulkner for President 2012

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Fresh off the plane from Pakistan, Gary Faulkner speaks passionately about his mission to capture Osama bin Laden.

"There's a lot of people who talk," Faulkner told CNN. "I got off my butt, and I put my life on the line."

This wasn't some fly-by-night trip, according to the 50-year-old construction worker. He says it was his seventh trip to Pakistan, searching for the al Qaeda leader whose terrorist network was responsible for the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on the United States.

How close did he get to bin Laden?

"If I had a rifle, I could shoot him," Faulkner claimed.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/25/spe...iew/index.html

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My hats off to this dude for being a man on a mission. But do you think now with the Media exposure blew his chances of trying again. Not only that, but the alert awarness to his safety now? I mean I can't even imagine the look on the Taliban as there watching CNN or whatever Camel TV they got there!

Just my two cents....
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Fresh off the plane from Pakistan, Gary Faulkner speaks passionately about his mission to capture Osama bin Laden.

"There's a lot of people who talk," Faulkner told CNN. "I got off my butt, and I put my life on the line."

This wasn't some fly-by-night trip, according to the 50-year-old construction worker. He says it was his seventh trip to Pakistan, searching for the al Qaeda leader whose terrorist network was responsible for the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on the United States.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/25/spe...iew/index.html
    Did anyone read this article? The man is clearly unstable.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Wray View Post
    Did anyone read this article? The man is clearly unstable.
    From what i read, i didnt notice anything unstable about him.
    I admire what he is doing and respect it immensely. Call ME crazy if you must, but this guy is the kind of guy that has kept this country free all these yrs and i would love to see him in a position where his views made some difference in this ridiculous government of ours, and i don't care what political party you subscribe to.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli View Post
    From what i read, i didnt notice anything unstable about him.
    I admire what he is doing and respect it immensely. Call ME crazy if you must, but this guy is the kind of guy that has kept this country free all these yrs and i would love to see him in a position where his views made some difference in this ridiculous government of ours, and i don't care what political party you subscribe to.
    These are the parts that caught my eye:

He hedged a bit when asked if he had actually seen bin Laden.

"I haven't seen him personally but [he was] very close," Faulkner said.

He was equally vague when asked to describe how someone would go about finding the man who U.S. authorities have not been able to capture in nine years, despite a $25 million reward:

"You let the spirit [of God] guide you."
    "He doesn't meet any of the DSM -- that's the psychiatric manual -- he doesn't meet any criteria for psychosis. He is not schizophrenic. He doesn't have schizophrenia. He doesn't hear voices. God isn't telling him, 'Oh, Gary, go get him, go get him.' He's a normal person. He handles himself in society," Scott Faulkner said.
    God is not talking to him verbally, he's just guiding him.

He wouldn't say whether he plans to resume his hunt for bin Laden. But he said he left his pistol, sword and night vision goggles in Pakistan just in case.