Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Default 2010 NHL off-season/free agent/trade rumor thread

Let's go Flyers! Anybody taken a look at the UFA list? I can't really say that there's anybody on that list that I'd want the Flyers to add outside of Volchenkov.

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-n...s-by-position/
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

As great as I think the salary cap is for the game of hockey, it's gonna bite us in the ass this year.

I can see a number of players to be considered "expendable" by the team. Ladd, Madden, Sharp, Byfuglien, Versteeg, Huet (if he's packaged, someone will take him). I have faith that Stan Bowman will make the right decisions, but right now I won't worry.

What's comforting is being concerned about third line members being sent away, which proves our depth as a whole.

It's just how the sport is. You work with what you can. I'll enjoy the summer but naturally have my concerns for next season. It's the hardest trophy to win in sports, I couldn't even imagine how difficult it has to be to win it twice in a row.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Obviously as a Habs fan I'm anxiously waiting what is going to happen with Price and Halak.

Halak's value is SCORCHING hot right now. So we would definitely be able to get some good returns in a trade. Whereas Price's value is high but not as hot as Halak's is right now.

However, I don't see how we don't sign Halak. The guy almost, by himself, carried the Habs through the playoffs. In my lifetime I haven't seen so many HUGE saves made by a goalie in a playoff run as I did watching Halak this year. Like GAMESAVER saves.

So I don't see how they don't sign Halak. He deserves a contract.

And then there is Plekanec. Don't know what to make of him. Had a GREAT year. Was a GREAT asset to Cammalleri on the 1st line. But come playoff time. He kind of ran out of gas.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Hey Sucka,
    Very proud of Flyers run, but still hurts a little too much right now.
    Having said that, do we move Carter to lock up Giroux, Ville? I can't
    see them moving Carter, but they need to be a little creative to be ready
    for October and staying on top.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:48 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    Well, in all my life, I've never been able to soak in one of my teams winning a championship.

This week, my uncle and I had tickets to the Cubs game at Miller Park for Thursday afternoon. So I spent the night with him, and watched my team win it all.

I played the scenario in my head. I'd jump, cheer, run in the streets. But that didn't happen. I stood speechless at the screen, with tears in my eyes, hugged my uncle, and all I could say was, "We did it. Oh my God, we did it."

How appropriate, since my uncle took me to my first Hawks game and this was sadly the only Cup game I got to watch with him this year.

I spent the night unable to sleep. So I watched all the interviews and soaked it in. It was surreal, to see guys I've followed for the last year--some, the last five or six years--celebrating a Stanley Cup victory.

I was modest all season. At times, I literally did not think we were capable. I had fans come up to me with their blind bandwagon optimism saying "They're gonna do it, they're better than everyone else!" Well, what those silly fans don't know is, sometimes the better regular season team doesn't always win it all. And personally, we WEREN'T better than everyone, especially towards the end of the season.

But, we did it. I went to the Cubs game yesterday, came home, slept, woke up at five in the morning, and went to the parade and rally. Had great placement and enjoyed it with my uncle and a friend who is one of the few I've known personally who has been right with me for the long haul. They showed this year's intro video from the stadium, edited a bit, and she cried, with a lump in my throat as well.

I saw the Cup in person, in my fair city, hoisted by the current Kings of Chicago. And until next June, the Kings of NHL Hockey. And all the modesty, superstition, etc., it all paid off; we won a Stanley Cup.

And today, I soaked it in. It could happen again next year, in five years, or in another 49. Half my bucket list is complete and today was one of the best days of my entire life. It was eleven years of cheap-ass Bill Wirtz and horrifying front office decisions, empty seats, but that all paid off. And to be one of the few Hawks fans of my age who has been around for the long haul has been rewarded with the greatest trophy in professional sports.

Congrats to my Hawks, and God damnit, congrats to Sucka, Pert, and any other Flyer fans who read this. Between Briere, Pronger, Leighton, and many others, you guys put together a hell of a run with a very solid team. Your team operated with class and dignity, and made it a very, very good series. You keep it up, and you'll get to bring that trophy home soon. What a series from your Flyers, well done.
    Nice post!

"We decided to do everything you'd expect, but make it high speed, low drag."
    -- DLR (8-13-07)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by 95Crash View Post
    Nice post!

Thank you! I expanded on my thoughts here:

http://www.facebook.com/zachenfoot#!...0/404953403458

It's been a surreal couple days. I really wish I bought the Cubs/Sox tickets for tonight when I had the chance because the Hawks are being honored in a pregame ceremony. Stupid, stupid
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I REALLY didn't like Pronger at all before this year's playoff season. He can be dirty and he often plays on, somewhat of an edge. Which is fine but some of the shit he has done has been pretty fuckin' scum-bag-like. Also I never really watched him much prior because he played in the West for a while. But after watching him during this year's playoffs, I have to say I think I'm a fan now. Love his patience on the ice and the ability to almost slow the play down to a standstill. Fun defenseman to watch and observe.

Plus he's pretty damned funny too.

PRONGER RESPONDS TO BURISH'S POST-CUP PERSONAL JABS

On Wednesday night, just moments after his team had been presented with the Stanley Cup, Blackhawks forward Adam Burish ripped Flyers defenceman Chris Pronger after a bitter and hard-fought six-game series.

"I think Chris Pronger's the biggest idiot in the league," Burish said. "I can't stand the guy one bit. I hope I never have to see him again, and if I see him out there I might punch him."

Two days after Burish called out Pronger, the 6'6 blueliner responded with his usual brand of cheekiness, echoing some fans' sentiments that Burish's statement wasn't necessarily the classiest thing a player could say about his opponent right after claiming Lord Stanley's silver chalice.

"If you're going to make a comment like that five minutes after you win the Stanley Cup, you've probably got better things to worry about," he said.

"Did he play?" Pronger asked reporters in deadpan fashion.

"Three games," one responded.

"There you go," he answered calmly.

One reporter then told Pronger about Burish's comment that he would hit Pronger the next time he saw him.

"Where's that, in the minors?" Pronger retorted to laughter.

Aside from being on the receiving end of several hard hits on the ice, Pronger had also been attacked off of it; earlier in the series, the Chicago Tribune had published a picture of "Chrissy Pronger" featuring the defenceman in a dress.

The 35-year-old had come under fire in Chicago partially for his chippy play but moreso for taking the game pucks after the final buzzer had sounded in the first two games of the Cup Final, both wins for the Blackhawks.

Pronger had four assists and was a plus-three in the 2010 Stanley Cup Final, putting up 22 hits and blocking 20 shots in a losing cause against Chicago, who claimed the seven-game series 4-2.
    Last edited by MF5150; 06.13.10 at 04:39 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Not a fan of Pronger but he just schooled that guy.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Not a fan of Pronger but he just schooled that guy.
    Yeah. Burrish deserved it too.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    Hey Sucka,
    Very proud of Flyers run, but still hurts a little too much right now.
    Having said that, do we move Carter to lock up Giroux, Ville? I can't
    see them moving Carter, but they need to be a little creative to be ready
    for October and staying on top.
    I'm a big Carter fan, but his numbers in the playoffs are what they are. Not to mention, he's not very physical for his size, and although a good goal scorer, I wouldn't call him great. I don't want the Flyers to trade him, but totally understand the conversation at this point. The only Carter move I've heard lately would send him to LA for Goalie Bernier and Forward Wayne Simmonds.

I've also heard Carter to Montreal for Price. That would be dumb.

Next season will be a huge one for Claude Giroux. Either he'll take that next step and become a superstar, or he'll just be another good player on our roster. The comparisons to Forsberg don't really make sense to me. Giroux in my mind is just a young Danny Briere.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece View Post
    I'm a big Carter fan, but his numbers in the playoffs are what they are. Not to mention, he's not very physical for his size, and although a good goal scorer, I wouldn't call him great. I don't want the Flyers to trade him, but totally understand the conversation at this point. The only Carter move I've heard lately would send him to LA for Goalie Bernier and Forward Wayne Simmonds.

I've also heard Carter to Montreal for Price. That would be dumb.

Next season will be a huge one for Claude Giroux. Either he'll take that next step and become a superstar, or he'll just be another good player on our roster. The comparisons to Forsberg don't really make sense to me. Giroux in my mind is just a young Danny Briere.
    Interesting! I haven't heard that.

I'd take that deal in a second. Although I'd much rather have Giroux over Carter. But Price for Carter? Oh yeah. Bring it on.

From what I saw upon his return from injury during the playoffs Carter didn't look that great. No impact at all. Didn't look into the games at all.

But in regards to Giroux. LOVED watching him play. Really crafty player and seems to always be able to make something out of nothing on the ice.

Briere on the other hand....Was nice to see him finally wake up during the playoffs this year. But he is over-rated, IMO.
    Last edited by MF5150; 06.13.10 at 05:31 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Check this out. Speaking of Forsberg, Sucka! LOL. Looks like an old friend was asked to join the team in March.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324532

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Check this out. Speaking of Forsberg, Sucka! LOL. Looks like an old friend was asked to join the team in March.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324532
    Anyone that knows me will tell you I have a huge man crush on this guy, rivaled only by Paul Holmgren. LoL I'm glad it didn't happen. It's over for Pete.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

For the Wings:
    Re-signed Lidstrom
    Re-signed Holmstrom
    2-year offer to Bertuzzi

Please:
    Do not re-sign Williams, Maltby, Lilja, Lebda or Meech
    Re-sign Abdelkader, Miller, Helm and Eaves

Also, we desperately need a big defensemen. With Lidstrom getting older, Ericsson not performing well last year and Lilja, Lebda and Meech leaving (PLEASE!) there is some open room for another body. Other than that, it's all a matter of time before the team is able to click and give another deep playoff run. I'm not too worried, but I sure as hell am not expecting us to make it to the Final next year.

I love Ken Holland. He's probably one of the best GMs in all of sports, but it's starting to look like loyalty may be his weakness. Bertuzzi was alright for us, but I'd much rather dump him and the above mentioned players, and get a strong two-way player (COUGH) Dustin Byfuglien (COUGH) who's YOUNGER. The guys coming up from Grand Rapids are pretty good, but we need something more.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Burish is a bitch. He talks a lot but leaves little to no impact on the ice. He's not like a Dave Bolland, who you admire as an agitator but keeps it on the ice. Burish just talks a lot and throws a few punches but really does little to influence the direction of the team.

I've always liked Pronger, and I've never been a Burish fan. It was funny to hear Pronger own him like that, and he's right, Burish should just be a good sport and enjoy the trophy.