Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Default Apology from Wruff_Ajax

FYI, in case you didn't know, Wruff was banned a few weeks ago or so. He wanted me to convey an apology which hits more of you than I would care to take the time to PM with it.

I'm not soliciting a lot of commentary here, or input on whether to let him back or keep him banned. We'll make that call "internally", if you will, but did want to go ahead and post this on his behalf. I agree that in many cases this was owed.

Hello everyone.

Hopefully this message finds its way onto the boards there. Assuming that it will, I'd like to say a few things to all of you guys.

I think that I owe all of you a big apology. Not just for what happened recently between Mike and I, but also for how I've behaved at times around here over the years. There's been times when I've been so stubborn and reacted in ways that are frankly completely unacceptable and lacking in respect for everyone that cruises these boards and unfortunately had to read my BS. Be it political discussions, social discussions, sports discussions, or my involvement and fallout in seenbads fantasy basketball league here on the Links last year.
    Brett and seenbad have shown a very high tolerance for my behavior all along and I've put those guys in some difficult positions due to the way I've behaved. I know that I've been out of line and simply wrong in how I've dealt with certain situations around here. I consider those guys my friends and truly regret the way that I've acted towards them and others around here on far too many occasions.

Brett. I'm sorry dude. It's not fair for someone like me to come on to your board and pull some of the stuff I've pulled over the years. Things have gotten hot at times and I truly am sorry for escalating things to such a boiling point on too many occasions. I'm not talking about the NBA stuff as that's never been anything but good natured fun for either of us I think. But the thing with the fantasy basketball league, and I'm sure there's other stuff too. And as you're the owner of this board I really hate to think that you've ever had to pay any special attention to my activities around here for worry that I'll cross another line. My sincere apologies Brett. You've got the coolest board on the internet and I've been a real ass at times, regrettably.

Mike. Although you and I have made things right between one another in private already I'd like to apologize publicly to you for going off on you the way that I did. I have no excuses. No matter if I was personally offended by your comment it was still really stupid of me to get so worked up over it. I apologize again for my reaction to your comment. I also really appreciate your own apology for making the comment. You didn't need to apologize, but it says a lot that you did. Thanks. And again, I apologize for all the crap I said. What I did was so uncool and really inexcusable. Thank you for accepting my apology and also for forgiving me for what I said.

Seenbad. About the fantasy hoops stuff. I should have shut my mouth, sucked it up, and just rolled with the punches. Whatever my own stupid principles were at the time I should have never reacted the way that I did and pushed it so far. I'm sorry for my ego and sorry for putting you in that position, whether I agreed with things or not. It was very foolish of me and I'd like to apologize to you too for my actions. Not just on that occasion but others too. It wasn't my place. I'm sure that you must hold a grudge against me for what happened, but I really do hope that you can forgive me for those things. I really loved participating in that league and don't blame you one bit for never wanting me back. I wouldn't want me back. Truth is that I lead with my mouth all too often and I honestly have no excuses. I apologize.
    Also to the whole crew in that league for having to witness that stuff. My apologies to all of you guys. Brett, Scotty, JRK, seenbad, SNIC, Warham, Menlow, Mike, and the other who's name just escapes me at the moment. I owe all of you guys and apology. As I said, whether I agree with a rule or not it's simply not my place to dictate anything in someone else' hoops league, and showing that sort of disrespect was inexcusable. In the end I got booted from the league and tossed into the tard barn for my actions, but probably should have been banned instead for being such an ass.

Chef. I recall jumping down this guys throat not too long ago for something that he said to another member of this board. I was a total jerk about it and I hope that he can forgive me for it. I didn't appreciate what you said to the other person, Chef, but I should have expressed myself in far better fashion than what I did. It bugs me that I flew off on you. What I said was honestly spiteful and pretty hateful, and way out of place. I'm sorry Chef. You and I have never been too chummy on this board, but there's no excuse for what I said to you. My apologies.

Wray, I've taken things too far with you at times, especially further back before your recent absence. I appreciate your sincerity and personality though especially lately. It took me a minute to see that you really were sincere when you came back and I'm sorry for any offense that I may have caused by digging at you then. My apologies Wray. I really do have a lot of respect for you and really always have and even when things have gotten a little ugly between us I've always enjoyed our discussions. My idea of fun sometimes though isn't really fun at all. Especially for others.

Shamalama. I recently snapped at you in response to something that you said. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry dude.

Certainly there's others too that I've offended. No way I can list them all. People around here, or anywhere for that matter, don't deserve to be subjected to that sort of stuff. And there's ladies on this board that should never have to read the sort of filth that was spilling from my mouth at times around here. Not to get all biblical on you guys, but that happens to be where I find my strength. Jesus says in Matthew 15:11 "it is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man."

Well, I'm sincerely working on it.

I don't know if I'll ever be allowed back onto this board, but regardless it is important for me to tell all of you that I am sincerely sorry for the way I've behaved around here on too many occasions. Thanks to seenbad for posting this for me.

God bless.

Neil
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

He's never given me any crap, and anyone that can take responsibility for his/her own actions is good in my book. Just my take.
    Nothing to see here.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmac View Post
    He's never given me any crap, and anyone that can take responsibility for his/her own actions is good in my book. Just my take.
    Ditto that.

HH<--------------------------------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 3,114 Times in 1,825 Posts

Premium Member

Wruff always made the NBA threads entertaining. I have posted a letter like that on this board over something I said here about a business in my town. It got back to the guy, and since we're in similar businesses, he contacted all the places in town until it was narrowed down to me. So I know it takes a lot to do stand up and apologize.

Not my decision, and I have no clue what happened, but it's good to see people face their actions, and I'd love to see his terrible photoshops in the NBA thread again someday.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:36 PM
    Liked 11,563 Times in 4,929 Posts

I liked Wruff and loved talking NBA shit with him. He always made me laugh. I miss him in that thread honestly. I didn't like that he fucked up the fantasy basketball league, but whatever not the end of the world. I guess I was just disappointed in his behavior more than anything.

I didn't really follow any of the stuff that led to his banning, so I really can't comment on any of that.

Took balls to write that, you have to commend him for that.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I think the one thing that Wruff would do in any converstation/debate is degrade it to insults & cussing, almost instantaniously. If you countered his argument with anything that called his opinion in to question, or showed an opposition to his, he immediately started insulting and throwing "fuck you's" around, like it was a Nerf football. He knew he'd hit things, but never expected to get called out for it.

For the most part, we'd come to an agree to disagree stance, after we figured out how to debate one another.

He played out a Ron White bit, to a "T." Ron White talked of how he got thrown off the high school debate team for looking at another debater and said; 'Yeah?!?!?!" "Well, fuck you!!!" The other guy was speechless, which is what he thought the point of debating was all about. LOL

Over all, he seems like a decent guy. Just lacking in decorum. Which, I have been called out on, on occassion. He just never knew when to reel it in.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmac View Post
    anyone that can take responsibility for his/her own actions is good in my book. Just my take.
    Absolutely. Nobody's perfect, and I know I'm not. Everyone is worth another chance in my book. I'd love to see Wruff back.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Sheeeeeit. Anything Wruffage says comes with it's own tumbler of salt, which is how I looked at any interactions with him. I think some people take this whole online thing far too seriously anyhow if you ask me. Wruff, the NBA thread won't be the same without you so re-up on your meds and give some courtesy reach-arounds and maybe they'll let you back in, teabagger!
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

He didn't remember that I was the other person in the Links Fantasy Basketball league so...F him.

I kid, I kid. I have never had any problems with Wruff. That's probably more due to the fact that I am not around here that much and that we enjoyed talking shit about the lakers and the rapist playing in LA.

It does take a lot of guts to know that you are wrong and apologize for your actions. No one is perfect and life does not stop after you make a mistake. It is the atoning for your mistakes and learning not to do those things again that makes you a better person. I can't speak about the things that got Wruff banned from here but hopefully, if he is allowed to come back here at some point, he will learn from this and not do those things again.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Whos Wruff? lol
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:22 PM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Dog View Post
    He didn't remember that I was the other person in the Links Fantasy Basketball league so...F him.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 788 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

lol Sorry Pdog! I remembered right after I sent seenbad the message to post for me. Remembering every ballerz name off the top of my head hurt my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    I think the one thing that Wruff would do in any converstation/debate is degrade it to insults & cussing, almost instantaniously. If you countered his argument with anything that called his opinion in to question, or showed an opposition to his, he immediately started insulting and throwing "fuck you's" around, like it was a Nerf football. He knew he'd hit things, but never expected to get called out for it.

For the most part, we'd come to an agree to disagree stance, after we figured out how to debate one another.

He played out a Ron White bit, to a "T." Ron White talked of how he got thrown off the high school debate team for looking at another debater and said; 'Yeah?!?!?!" "Well, fuck you!!!" The other guy was speechless, which is what he thought the point of debating was all about. LOL

Over all, he seems like a decent guy. Just lacking in decorum. Which, I have been called out on, on occassion. He just never knew when to reel it in.
    I hope you won't hold that against me monkeyboy. I'd like to think that my fuse wasn't quite THAT short, but I do know what you're saying. I really want that to change, and you've all got my word that it will. My apology was meant for everyone, certainly including yourself.

btw. Congrats on the wedding dude. Saw the pics and you're a lucky man. Maybe one day such good fortune will smile upon me like that too.

It's nice to be back.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No worries Wruff. I'm sure I probably can't remember all the Links Ballerz off the top of my head.

Good to have you back.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge