Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Wolfgang size

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Default Wolfgang size

Hey guys, just how small is the new Fender Wolf? One beef I've always had with all EBMM guitars is their tiny dimensions.

Are Fender Wolfs small in comparison to say a Strat? I'm a big guy and I would feel kind of weird standing there with a tiny guitar strapped to me. I'm pretty comfortable with Strats and for me they are hard to beat in terms of feel and size etc.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I have not checked out a New Fender Wolf in person yet but would have to say they are more than likely exactly the size of an EBMM EVH, Axis or Peavey Wolfgang. Yes that has been a complaint over the years for really tall guys. I am a quarter inch shy of six feet but also have a short reach so they always were comfortable for me. But you will see a lot of complaints on user reviews from guys 6'3 and up saying they feel like they dwarf the ax. The first time I brought a Wolfgang home I had it on a stand next to my Strats and my wife thought I bought a guitar for the kids.lol

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.14.10 @ 04:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, all the Wolfs have just about the same dimensions. They're a small guitar, but try one on for size and see what you think

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

In general the length of the Wolfgang body is shorter than a Strat-type guitar, but it's still not necessarily small. The non-symmetrical bottom and short headstock really bring the guitar "in," if that makes sense. Then again, I'm 5' 10" and 175 pounds, so it has always felt like it fits me well.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yup. I'm 6'2'' and the wolfgang 'fits' me really well. I also have massive hands, and that neck feels perfect for me. The EBMM starts looking like a little bit of a toy though on me....

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:07 AM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

I think the headstock is the biggest thing. When I've ben playing a Wolfie for a while and go to a Strat, the headstock on the Strat seems a mile long. Plus the horns on the Wolfie are a little stubbier, which makes it seem a little smaller. I've never thought the Wolfgang (and the EBMM especially) were the greatest looking guitars as far as body shape and headstock, but they play and sound really good. To me a Strat is the perfect body + headstock shape. It is as sexy now as it was 50 years ago.