Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Default Peavey USA Wolfgang Special Opinion

Do you think $700 CDN is a good deal for a near mint solid color USA wolf Special with original case?

Yes
    No
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

I purchased a 98 Peavey Wolfgang Special (USA) in antique white with original case in 12/97 for $710 + $40 shipping for a total of $750. This guitar was in near mint, sat in its case under someone's bed condition. Great guitar... everything you need and nothing you don't. So I'd say your price of $700 CAD, which is $672 USD at today's rates, is still a good price if the guitar is really near mint, stock, and has all of the case candy like the fret protector and tools. The market is a little soft now but I think this price is not out of line for the "right" solid color USA Special. Just remember to call Peavey's parts department if you need any of the extras like the fret protector. I see they are going for upwards of $50 now on ebay which is ridiculous for a piece of plastic.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

In the current used Wolf market you might be able to do a little better than $700 (like, say, $600), but that's still not a terrible price. If the guitar truly is mint and comes with its original case--in good condition--and all its necessary and original accessories (like the trem arm and tool kit), then you could feel good about paying $700.

I've been playing my very first Wolfgang--an ivory Wolfgang Special--in my teaching studio for a few weeks now. I bought it brand new in June of '98 for $800. Though it's got some serious mileage, the thing is still solid as a rock. I believe I've only had to replace the locking nut once, the high-E saddle, and the trem arm (which I bent when I had it in a gig bag stacked under other gear in the car).

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkost View Post
    I purchased a 98 Peavey Wolfgang Special (USA) in antique white with original case in 12/97 for $710 + $40 shipping for a total of $750.
    Quoting myself! Wasn't paying attention while typing... I meant to say I bought the guitar in 12/07. It's the only guitar to date I've bought off evil-bay, but as AT said it is solid as a rock. I had just been outbid on an ivory Wolfgang Standard with serial number 91000100 (100th production model). My max bid was $1300 but it went for a little over $1600. Then the Special appeared and I jumped on it. I felt much better about making that purchase.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.14.14 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with AT, I just bought a solid color (gold) Wolfgang Special for $300.00, it had the Peavey case and everything. But, a few weeks previous to that, I scored a flame top on e-bay for $650.00 that was in really good shape. The gold one I just bought still needs a good set-up, I just happened to stumble on it at a guitar shop in a po-dunk town while we were on vacation. But overall the guitar was in good shape as well, and it is USA built.
    Last edited by ME100472; 06.05.10 at 10:43 AM.
    "Boards don't hit back" - Bruce Lee

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ME100472 View Post
    I agree with AT, I just bought a solid color (gold) Wolfgang Special for $300.00, it had the Peavey case and everything. But, a few weeks previous to that, I scored a flame top on e-bay for $650.00 that was in really good shape. The gold one I just bought still needs a good set-up, I just happened to stumble on it at a guitar shop in a po-dunk town while we were on vacation. But overall the guitar was in good shape as well, and it is USA built.
    $300 is a total score and absolute no-brainer. I saw a black Special in a music store once for $425, but it was beat to crap.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I would have to agree that $700 is a good price where the market is right now. I love the ivory color on them especially the Standard just something classy about it. You probably could of sat on ebay and had gotten one a little cheaper in black if the color did not matter at all.

I still for the life of me figure out the resale on these guitars as nothing makes sense. I still see EXPs selling for $1,000 on a steady basis, ever since Pithespy came up with the insane price of $2,400 for a Standard in Seafoam Green 2 other sellers have followed suite while I have seen first year quilts and Customs sell for less. Well maybe that is it they sold, her Seafoam has been up for ever.

I email with John Brown the columist that writes for Premier Guitar and he told me not to sell any Wolfs as there day is going to come. I have to say he is one hell of a really nice guy and if anyone has any repair questions he will write you back and help you out, a class act.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

08.26.10 @ 03:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YES
    That Wolf aint comin' back as the next Wolfgang special comin from Fender will have a second knob.
    This is a little clip of my 98 Wolf.I've added a black pickup selector ring and a black speed nob.
    Works for me
    Last edited by mfgtr; 06.09.10 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Forgot to place signature