Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.15.13 @ 04:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Guitar Fetish Quality

I'm about ready to order a bridge, tail piece and a few other misc parts for a project and wanted to get some feedback on the quality of their stuff. the bridge and tail piece are like $40. seems a lot cheaper than schaller or Gotoh.

Please advise

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Never had a problem with GFS parts and I keep coming back. Their strat trems with the heavy blocks are an incredible deal - as are their locking tuners. And I can't say enough about their pickups. I'd be confident in your purchase.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i ordered their floyd, and its flawless (not the speedloader version though) all i had to do was order a slightly bigger brass block. shipping from the U.S. to England was cheap and very quick too, i highly recomend them.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I ordered one of their Fender style vintage trems not expecting much given the price. Let me tell you it's every bit as good as the original Fender performance wise. No binding, pinging....no ball ends getting stuck in the block when changing out a broken string. Intonation is very good, and sound and sustain seemed to actually improve over the original 80's trem; probably due to the heavier block. Time will tell how the finish stands up, but I'm like 7 months on....play it every day, and not one complaint. Don't think you can go wrong on their products. Nice to pay so little and get so much.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 06.02.10 at 08:21 AM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheers all!

Order submitted. got one of their pots too. we'll see how she sounds.

the remaining update will be in my modified Bee build thread.

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 602 Times in 392 Posts

Ive used their p90 humbuckers and they are pretty good.
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i ordered their floyd, and its flawless (not the speedloader version though) all i had to do was order a slightly bigger brass block. shipping from the U.S. to England was cheap and very quick too, i highly recomend them.
    This one right?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nehedudulofl.html
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    yes, thats the one.
    it's pretty much the same as fitted to U.S.A. Wolfgangs, great quality item...even at double the price.

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I've come to really love GFS pickups--my favorites being the VEHs and Vintage 59s. Jay (the owner) seems to really like finding quality bargain parts. I've bought a ton of stuff from Guitar fetish over the last few years.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've ordered everything from GFS -- whole guitars, tons of parts, a high end soldering iron, clearance necks, pickups, you name it. I'm super impressed with the GFS brand pickups. All of the hardware I've ordered has been great. Even their 'budget' guitars are really dang good. (With some setup and modification they can be a HUGE deal quality and cash wise)

The only thing I don't get from there anymore are pots. They are quality pots, but they are HIGH friction pots. I've probably used 15 of their pots on guitars and every one was like that.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I just ordered a bunch of stuff a few days ago for a little project I've got going. My local guitar repair chap had an Epiphone Dot 335 that had suffered a broken headstock at a guitar store he deals with, and had been stripped down and all the parts sold off, even the nut. My tech repaired the headstock (did a great job, by the way) and sold the carcass to me for pennies. I've got all the guts and hardware, including Mean 90 pups, a roller bridge and vintage-style tuners, coming from GFS. I also ordered a Bigsby trem knock-off from Ebay. So I'll have a busy couple of days when it all arrives.

I've ordered GFS pups in the past, and the quality is excellent, as is the service, so I'm absolutely confident in my purchase. My only criticism of GFS is that I wish they offered a couple more options on some of the products, like maybe being able to order Mean 90 pups in the same cool casings as the Dream 90's, and Strat pickguards cut for Floyd bridges.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

parts arrived and so far so good. My only observation is that the e to E string spacing is not exact between the bridge and stoptail. we'll see if its an issue. high e is not perfectly aligned but its close. the roller bridge is cool.
    Thanks for all the input.

Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have them in my homemade guitar, can't remember which ones I have...but compared to the Tone Zone and Air Norton mix, they are much more aggressive according to my drummer in my band. They have more bite, but the TZ and AN are more smooth and warm. For the money, they are pretty dam good, so I'm sure their other stuff is good too.

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just ordered a replacement bridge with a brass block for my yamaha strat along with new saddles, pots and roller string trees. I'll post a review when they get here.

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VF5150 View Post
    I just ordered a replacement bridge with a brass block for my yamaha strat along with new saddles, pots and roller string trees. I'll post a review when they get here.
    you may need a bigger brass block, the ones they supply are a little small, unless your trem is routed