Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default 2 Year Old Toddler Smokes 2 Packs A Day...

A 2 year old tot from Indonesia, is addicted to nicotine, and has a 2 pack a day habit. Ardi Rizal, had his first smoke when he was just 1 1/2 years old. His dad, 30 year old Mohammed Rizal, is unconcerned and said his son appears healthy to him.

The chain smoking tot is apparently not too healthy. He is obese, and has to use one of his toy trucks to navigate and keep up with other children.

His mother, 26 year old Diana Rizal, said she knows he has an addiction, but if he doesn’t get his smokes, he gets mad and yells. He also slams his head against walls and tells her he feels ill and dizzy.

Some public officials in Sumatra are worried about the child. They offered to buy the family an automobile if they would help Ardi stop the habit. It did not happen.
    The video of the tiny chain smoker puffing has become one of those immediate sensations on the web. It has caused a global outcry, especially from anti-tobacco groups.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 2
    Favorite VH Song

way too many.....
    Last Online

10.06.13 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ridiculous, and tragic. When and if he grows up, if he develops an addiction to say, molesting young girls, should the parents allow that too? Please.

You should have a license to breed. Period.

"All right, Wolf, which one do you want?"
    -DLR, 05/15/08, BALTIMORE, to me and my best friend

But one night's all we're given,
    So, baby, leave me alone, or, baby, stay the night

The Van Halen I grew up on showed up at the party, drank all your alcohol and fucked your girlfriend. The Sammy era seemed more like spending a Saturday night alone with your girlfriend telling her how much you love her. - Sickman, summing it all up for me!

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am not going to defend someone letting their toddler smoke, but don't be so hard on parents in third world countries that don't really have the knowledge we have on issues like smoking. It isn't like this is a toddler in Arkansas, it's a toddler in Indonesia. Rather than making comments about liscensing people to breed in this instance, shouldn't we be doing something to support programs to teach people the dangers of smoking and children.

LV

Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 2
    Favorite VH Song

way too many.....
    Last Online

10.06.13 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Point taken, LV. It's just sad that what many of us would perceive as common sense escapes others completely. I don't know of too many cultures that would condone smoking at that young age, or at least someone from the family or neighborhood saying something about it to the parents.

But, if the father is "unconcerned" as the report says, Mom probably goes along with it to keep the peace. It's still sad, and ridiculous. But mainly sad.

Maybe the video will begin the process of the anti-smoking groups doing something about the effects of smoking and kids in that country. One can only hope.

"All right, Wolf, which one do you want?"
    -DLR, 05/15/08, BALTIMORE, to me and my best friend

But one night's all we're given,
    So, baby, leave me alone, or, baby, stay the night

The Van Halen I grew up on showed up at the party, drank all your alcohol and fucked your girlfriend. The Sammy era seemed more like spending a Saturday night alone with your girlfriend telling her how much you love her. - Sickman, summing it all up for me!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

He'll probably just turn into a tree later anyway.

I'd like to sit and have a beer and smoke with this dude.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    shouldn't we be doing something to support programs to teach people the dangers of smoking and children.
    No, what we should be doing is selling them cigarettes.

Let them third-world tykes toke up! Cha-fuckin'-ching!
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There was a lengthy article about this kid that I read yesterday. There was something in it about the kid hurting himself and throwing tantrums whenever the parents attempted to wean him from smoking. (Their fellow townspeople offered them a car if they got him to quit.) What the kid needs is to be in a hospital when they attempt detoxing him. I'm pretty sure the family can't afford the kid's nicotine habit.

LV

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

The thought of a 2yr old smoking is nauseating to me. However, I say this is more a parenting issue and has nothing to do with where they live (other than maybe the Indonesian culture does not believe is basic disciplining of their children). This sounds like a flat-out basic case of "I never taught my child what 'no' means and now that he's 2yrs old, he is RULING our home. I don't like to see him throw tantrums when I say, 'no', so I let him do whatever he wants. He is the parent in this house." Example? This child is not morbidly obese because of nicotine. There's a good chance they allow him to eat whatever he wants because they "don't want to deal with his tantrums." This child is bigger than my 9yr old niece. The parents need to be educated on how to parent (whether by those reaching out to help, family members, whomever). Their reactions in this article illustrate pretty clearly that they've simply never stood by "no" or denied their child anything he wanted. Guess what folks? It's OK to say "no", it's ok to have guidelines EVEN if your child throws the biggest shit fit this side of the Pacific, and it's ok if they attempt to hurt themselves while throwing said tantrum. It's called being a toddler but guess what...mine is 21 mos old and he's learning pretty quickly that throwing himself on a tile floor hurts and that it does NOT get him what he wants. I learned this, not from books and school, but by simply knowing the role a mother and father play, and I assume in most any culture that role means "head of the household and not subservient to the child.

I guess I just don't see how this is hugely different than the Houston Memorial area moms who go through the McDonald's drive-thru lane 4-5 times per week b/c the kids are begging for it and she doesn't want to deny her precious gems, or allowing them to drink Coke for breakfast b/c they just don't like milk, or who allow their 2nd graders to drink a frappaccino on the way to school b/c they were up late doing a project and are tired, or the parent who allows their child to sit and play Xbox for 6hrs a day instead of forcing them to go outside and play. All of the above will lead to very dangerous health situations sooner than later. It's amazing how many kiddos are insulin b/c of type 2 diabetes by the age of 10.
    Last edited by KT; 05.28.10 at 01:59 PM.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

He's aspiring to be the next Eddie Van Halen... Indonesian mother - check, horrible cigarette habit - check.... Now he just needs a guitar and a bottle.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

OK, I smoke, first of all, so I'm not passing judgement but, I have a question: how THE HELL does a 2-year-old BEGIN smoking in the first place?! Boggles the mind, it does...

...and kinda puts a whole new perspective on this:

Last edited by sixstring; 05.28.10 at 02:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

delete
    Last edited by MF5150; 05.28.10 at 02:38 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Christ.

Reading shit like this makes me wonder when regular passenger flights into space will become a reality, so I can just go to the fuckin moon and stay there.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    OK, I smoke, first of all, so I'm not passing judgement but, I have a question: how THE HELL does a 2-year-old BEGIN smoking in the first place?! Boggles the mind, it does...

...and kinda puts a whole new perspective on this:

apparently his Dad thought it was kind of cute. He gave him his first cigarettes at 18 months and taught him how to smoke them.

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Yes the public officials should be worried about him! Yes he is overweight at 2.... but smoking and who the hell lights them for him? How did he get that overweight in such a poor country? Is he some kind of god? Everyone else there looks pretty skinny.... just wondering?
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake View Post
    Yes the public officials should be worried about him! Yes he is overweight at 2.... but smoking and who the hell lights them for him? How did he get that overweight in such a poor country? Is he some kind of god? Everyone else there looks pretty skinny.... just wondering?
    he probably pounds a few beers before bed too.