Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

War on Korean Peninsula "A symphony of death."

"A symphony of death." That's the chilling phrase that Kurt Campbell, who is now Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs in the Obama Administration, once used to describe the likely outcome of any military encounter on the Korean peninsula between the U.S., its ally South Korea and their mutual enemy across the 38th parallel in the North.

The possibility of war breaking out once again in Korea is so unthinkable that a lot of people in various military establishments - the Pentagon, South Korea's armed forces and China's People's Liberation Army - actually spend a lot of time thinking about it.

The truce between North and South has lasted for 57 years, but a peace treaty has never been signed, and now, in the wake of the North's attack on a South Korean naval vessel - and the South's formal accusation that the Cheonan was sunk by a North Korean torpedo - tensions are at their highest level since 1994, when North Korea threatened to turn Seoul into a "sea of fire."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010052...08599199192800
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    "A symphony of death." That's the chilling phrase that Kurt Campbell, who is now Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs in the Obama Administration, once used to describe the likely outcome of any military encounter on the Korean peninsula between the U.S., its ally South Korea and their mutual enemy across the 38th parallel in the North.

The possibility of war breaking out once again in Korea is so unthinkable that a lot of people in various military establishments - the Pentagon, South Korea's armed forces and China's People's Liberation Army - actually spend a lot of time thinking about it.

The truce between North and South has lasted for 57 years, but a peace treaty has never been signed, and now, in the wake of the North's attack on a South Korean naval vessel - and the South's formal accusation that the Cheonan was sunk by a North Korean torpedo - tensions are at their highest level since 1994, when North Korea threatened to turn Seoul into a "sea of fire."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010052...08599199192800
    Friggin' sucks because of my back, I wouldn't be able to go deploy there.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Marc View Post
    Friggin' sucks because of my back, I wouldn't be able to go deploy there.
    You actually want to go there? You, son, have balls the size of church bells. That war will make Iraq & Afghanistan look like a training ground.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

why couldnt i be younger so i could get back in the Corps? dammit dammit dammit!!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:26 PM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

K, there will be no war. If there was war there, it would completely halt the growth of the Chinese economy. China would pull the plug on Kim Jong-il's little show before he even has time to approach his finger from the red button. They for sure have a contingency plan and would replace him with one of his more "understanding" generals.

The US would also never launch a war there. If there was full-scale war there we're talking about 20 percent unemployment, massive layoffs making the current recession look like a birthday party, wall street going under 5000 points, etc. We're totally dependent on Asian stability for our financial well being. The world is totally different than during the last Korean war. The consequences would be felt really, really hard at home.
    Little Dreamer

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 342 Times in 192 Posts

I was actually eyeing Seoul as my next Asian destination until the brink broke out. Now, I'm less convinced.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by E-roc View Post
    I was actually eyeing Seoul as my next Asian destination until the brink broke out. Now, I'm less convinced.
    E-man, why don't you come back to the Carolinas? Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Asheville, Charlotte, hell even the Triangle has a music scene. Come back home, there's room here for all viewpoints. You're gonna get yourself blown up or civil-unrested over there.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

So two weeks ago, Kim goes to China for a chat, now this stuff is building. And China supposedly doesn't want to chastise NK because it could potentially send that crazy bastard into a frenzy, and spark an all-out war? Are we to believe that China's hands are diplomatically tied here? The whole thing makes no sense. China's calling the shots, per Putin. Putin rules the world, he's satan's gopher. Ahmadinejad, Chavez and Rahm Emmanuel are on his payroll. Simon leaving Idol is it's death knell. There it is, today's worldview minute with Cousin Red.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Putin rules the world, he's satan's gopher. Ahmadinejad, Chavez and Rahm Emmanuel are on his payroll.
    Have Rahm call the dog eating pot bellied dictator and tell him to stand down then offer him a CABINET position or all the dogs he can eat.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Whilst i don't think we are headed for war, there is a dangerous game of tit for tat going on here. One side threatens to close links with a shared industrial area, the other puts in a trade embargo. One side starts anti-sub drills and the other calls off a maritime agreement and line of communication that is meant to avoid potentially dangerous confusion.

If something did kick off here, it would be at sea, and it would be with both sides pointing the finger at each other, quite possibly both believing themselves to be correct.

Even if that did happen, I still think it might be contained as naval fighting and not go to the land.

If that happens, even ignoring the nuclear angle, Seoul and Pyongyang would be pretty messy places to be a street sweeper.

Let's hope they all start to tone down the language, both sides, because this is escalating at a quite alarming rate.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 18,121 Times in 8,949 Posts

Hopefully our boys in uniform don't get stuck in the cross fire.

How many do we have there?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

28,000 from what I recall.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

People are missing the point here completely, N. Korea SANK a S.Korean battleship in international waters, that is an act of war!!! The world cannot let acts like these be swept under the carpet of sanctions. Time for a real bad day in N. Korea.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 18,121 Times in 8,949 Posts

Dude, we are already spending billions in Iraq and Afghanistan with no end in sight, we will probably have troops stationed in both countries fifty years from now, just like we do in S. Korea.

Now you want us to open up a third front in Korea? Let China and Japan at least do the police keeping in their own back yard.

We should rattle our saber a little bit, but I really hope we don't intervene militarily.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shamalama View Post
    People are missing the point here completely, N. Korea SANK a S.Korean battleship in international waters, that is an act of war!!! The world cannot let acts like these be swept under the carpet of sanctions. Time for a real bad day in N. Korea.
    Not disagreeing with you, but there is large group of South Koreans who think that the timing of all of this has been suspicious to say the least. Elections are just around the corner and the government wants to look tough. A lot, and I mean a lot, believe that the evidence of a torpedo strike is not there and that the ship may have hit an old unexploded mine or even just had an accident and that the government is blaming the North, taking advantage of the situation.

Here's a link to the BBC news site. Hardly a hotbed for conspiracy theorists, but there are some interesting points of view expressed by South Koreans. Worth a five minute read, which if nothing else, shows that the absolute info we are reading is not what everybody believes.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asi...c/10154787.stm
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/