=VH= II
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Default Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!

'Everybody Draw Mohammed Day' Unleashes Facebook Fracas

"Who can save Mohammed and take him for a walk?"

What started out as a cartoonist's call to action against censorship -- an open invitation to submit caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad -- has led to death threats, a court order to temporarily block parts of the website in Pakistan and a call for a boycott of Facebook to protest what Muslims believe is blasphemy.

"Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!" began last month as the brainchild of a Seattle-based cartoonist named Molly Norris, who was appalled by Comedy Central's decision to censor an episode of "South Park" that depicted Muhammad in a bear costume.

As a way to protest the network's decision -- which came after an Islamic extremist website warned of retaliation against the show's creators, Matt Stone and Trey Parker -- Norris created a poster with likenesses of Muhammad as a domino, a teacup and a box of pasta.

She declared May 20 "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!" -- and her efforts quickly went viral, spawning several Facebook pages with thousands of followers dedicated to the event.

They also prompted a "protest" movement by thousands of other Facebook users opposed to it.

Now the day is almost upon us, and Norris herself has withdrawn from the cause -- but she says she's glad her efforts encouraged others to speak out.

"I just thought that Viacom or Comedy Central had overreacted to a veiled threat from a tiny blog or website that not many people even belong to, and I think it just set a precedent for a slippery slope in censorship," Norris told FoxNews.com.

"If artists have to be afraid of what they draw, then what’s the point of even living here? That's what really bothered me."

She insists she "never wanted to lead anything," but she acknowledges her brainchild ignited a controversy.

"It's turned into something completely different, nothing I could've imagined it morphing into," she said. "I'm happy some people are talking, because obviously this needs to be addressed."

As of Wednesday, more than 41,000 Facebook users associated themselves to one page dedicated to the event, and a similar page was "liked" by at least 4,400 users. More than 56,000 users, meanwhile, joined a Facebook page opposing it.

Mimi Sulpovar created her "Everybody Draw Mohammad" Facebook page on April 22 to protest what she calls the "manifestation of gradual silencing and subjugation" of free speech rights in the name of political correctness.

"I and members of my group feel that we, as citizens of the free world, should be able to discuss Islam openly and honestly -- even if it means drawing Muhammad, being very critical of some of the elements of that religion and/or culture," she wrote FoxNews.com in an e-mail.

"Our goal is to demonstrate that it's OK to talk about Islam specifically, and that if we want to draw Muhammad, we will not be intimidated or silenced by those who want to subjugate us simply because they find what we do offensive," Sulpovar wrote.

She said she's received about 200 depictions of Muhammad, and more than 300 caricatures have been uploaded to her page. She said she plans on continuing the campaign well after this week.

"Free speech and the rights guaranteed by the Constitution are not limited to just one day -- so as far as we are concerned, every day should be 'Draw Muhammad Day,'" she wrote.

But they won't be celebrating in Pakistan, where a court on Wednesday ordered the government to block Facebook pages associated with the campaign until May 31. Muslims consider any depiction of the Prophet Muhammad to be blasphemous, and it is a crime punishable by death.

Everybody Draw Mohammed Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Everyb....2743249721..1
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

i hate this idea.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

this is like that dumbass that used to hang out with the bears until one day the bear ate him - what exactly was the point that he proved?

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Heard that Pakistan has blocked access to facebook. The article I read called it censorship. I call it trying to stop bloodshed in the streets.

Much as I hate the idea of political correctness, there is making a point and then there is being stupid, knowing how things turned out last time.

Expect the news to show lots of Muslims getting a bit angry and doing lots of shouting.

At best.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    this is like that dumbass that used to hang out with the bears until one day the bear ate him - what exactly was the point that he proved?
    he proved that hanging out with bears isn't a good idea.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Expect the news to show lots of Muslims getting a bit angry and doing lots of shouting.
    Graeme...you are the king of understatements!

i expect to see muslim women crying and cupping their faces then touching their foreheads as they always do
    i wonder what Salman Rushty thinks of it all!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

great mohammed pics!!! prolly not too far from the truth!!!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i hate this idea.
    And that's your right, and the Muslims too. It's nobody's right though killing anyone, or even threatening to for drawing a Mohammed stick figure, or even a Mohammed turd figure.

You guys liken these angry Muslims to bears that will maul and kill you for drawing a Mohammed stick figure. So you'd better not anger the bear! Don't play with bears everybody! No Mohammed cartoons everyone! The angry Muslims will blow us all up!!

Jesus in a jar of piss is very VERY offensive to me, and a sorry excuse for art in my opinion. But should people not be allowed to do such a thing in a free society for fear of violent Christian reprisal? No. Violent Christian reprisal is unlawful. Jesus in a jar of piss is NOT.

I hate the idea of Muslims, for example, targeting the Danish soccer team and their fans at the World Cup because some Dutch cartoonist (whom they've already killed for his "offense") drew a picture of Mohammed. I could give a rats ass about someone drawing a Mohammed stick figure. I do however hate the idea of 'hating the idea' of drawing Mohammed cartoons out of fear of violent reprisal at the hands of Muslims around the globe.
    They can shut down Facebook and google and the entire internet in their Muslim countries if they choose. I couldn't care less if they do. But making death-threats to Americans (Southpark creators, for example), or killing anyone for their unflattering depiction of Mohammed is simply criminal.

Don't you EVER be intimidated by these idiots.

Fuck you buddy, and the jihad you rode in on.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

And I get the whole point of free speech vs. violent terrorists, I really do, but again - is there a reason to draw charicatures of the prophet Mohammed? Not really. Just as there was no reason for Mappelthorpe's "art". He was just a jerk making some kind of smart ass statement. But the difference is, Mappelthorpe took on the Christian deity, which, while it will upset many, many Christians, it won't provoke too many of them to kill. The smart asses who want to make a statement by pissing off the radical Muslims aren't necessarily the ones that the radical Muslims will target. Instead, they'll blow up a theme park or a mall or a school or an airplane, killing a bunch of people who didn't feel the need to draw a charicature of the prophet Mohammed. Yes, the radical Muslims are uncivilised, but really, are the people that provoke them just to prove that they can any more civil? There are too many people that do provacative things in the world today, just to get a rise out of people, and I try and be live and let live. But when it's something that could get me killed, I say "knock it off"!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    And that's your right, and the Muslims too. It's nobody's right though killing anyone, or even threatening to for drawing a Mohammed stick figure, or even a Mohammed turd figure.

You guys liken these angry Muslims to bears that will maul and kill you for drawing a Mohammed stick figure. So you'd better not anger the bear! Don't play with bears everybody! No Mohammed cartoons everyone! The angry Muslims will blow us all up!!

Jesus in a jar of piss is very VERY offensive to me, and a sorry excuse for art in my opinion. But should people not be allowed to do such a thing in a free society for fear of violent Christian reprisal? No. Violent Christian reprisal is unlawful. Jesus in a jar of piss is NOT.

I hate the idea of Muslims, for example, targeting the Danish soccer team and their fans at the World Cup because some Dutch cartoonist (whom they've already killed for his "offense") drew a picture of Mohammed. I could give a rats ass about someone drawing a Mohammed stick figure. I do however hate the idea of 'hating the idea' of drawing Mohammed cartoons out of fear of violent reprisal at the hands of Muslims around the globe.
    They can shut down Facebook and google and the entire internet in their Muslim countries if they choose. I couldn't care less if they do. But making death-threats to Americans (Southpark creators, for example), or killing anyone for their unflattering depiction of Mohammed is simply criminal.

Don't you EVER be intimidated by these idiots.

Fuck you buddy, and the jihad you rode in on.
    it's not them that i fear. That's not the point. But I know Muslims who would be offended - they wouldn't want me dead but they'd be upset. So why I would do something for the sole purpose of pissing them off? What kind of piece of shit do you have to be to do something for the sole purpose of upsetting other people? I wouldn't want people to do things for the sole purpose of insulting my religion so why I would do the same to others? It's childish. It's pathetic. People should be ashamed of themselves.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

I think its really quite difficult to maintain a religious maxim which requires everyone to disregard a simple picture or sense of sight because it is somehow blasphemous. Having a religious pillar which directly relies on sensory input and humanity as we currently are kind of blurs the line between a supposed prophet and natural human inclination to experience things.

Even so, this is like everyone drawing pictures of Jesus being stoned to death by feces throwing monkeys. Maybe not the best example, but this whole act isn't about censorship, its more of a blatant and malicious disregard for a belief system. It doesn't matter what I or you think about Islam, but going out of your way to insult those who follow it is distasteful, and really makes it quite obvious why certain Muslims hate the western world.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:33 AM
    Liked 1,329 Times in 799 Posts

Default Does This deserve a Beheading ? ?

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

none of it does - but until you can convince them of that, why fuck with them?

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Does this deserve a beheading?
    Is that a Mohammed stick figure, Rover?

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    none of it does - but until you can convince them of that, why fuck with them?
    Why not?

Why should I fear for my life if I draw a picture of any historical figure?

Should I be scared of the consequences like you guys are?