Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default Peavey Wolfgangs becoming extinct

If anyone has been watching the Peavey Wolfgang listings the last 2 months it seems like the well is really going dry. Although it may say 60 to 70 listings there have only been 20 odd guitars actually up the last 2 months with power sellers Pithespy, R&R Guru and Royal Music having 15 of them. Just about a year ago you would see over 60 guitars on average. I guess you can say they have cornered the market on them. And anything on Gbase sells in the same neighberhood. I can imagine a new album and tour is going to really push any ax VH through the roof. Word of the wise, hold onto what you have!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

haaa, try finding one in England, there's never more than about 4 listed, mostly EXP's!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 602 Times in 392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    haaa, try finding one in England, there's never more than about 4 listed, mostly EXP's!
    Man that sucks!
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Last Online

08.17.15 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Was thinking of selling mine recently, but I guess I'll hold on to it. Thanks!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.18.15 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I'm really hoping the new EVH line comes out with green and blue sometime soon...

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I doubt EVH has the biz acumen to realize that actually doing something would generate interest and sales for the stuff he is peddling.

I am amazed anyone still has interest in the PV Wolfies. The diehards will be all in on the Fender stuff now and everyone else really not caring a lick for EVH stuff.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    I doubt EVH has the biz acumen to realize that actually doing something would generate interest and sales for the stuff he is peddling.

I am amazed anyone still has interest in the PV Wolfies. The diehards will be all in on the Fender stuff now and everyone else really not caring a lick for EVH stuff.
    Bruce Kulick didn't even want to pay $600 for a PV Wolf that was in EXCELLENT shape at the Dallas guitar show. So there you have it...
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

There's plenty of Peavey Wolfgangs out there. The market has been bad for them since the economy tanked, so maybe people are just holding off on selling right now. I've checked them on eBay almost daily since about 2003, and there's typically been about 25-50 up at any given time. It was lower in late 2004 when they were going out of production (and prices got way high--and stayed that way for a few years). The Peaveys won't be as collectible as the EBMMs (obviously) because there's far more Peavey Wolfgangs. But the custom shop and first year quilt models will remain sought after and collectible. Those are the ones that have not found their way to eBay as frequently as they once did.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheVanlaing View Post
    I'm really hoping the new EVH line comes out with green and blue sometime soon...
    +1

....and stoptail, please.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.16.11 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    The Peaveys won't be as collectible as the EBMMs (obviously) because there's far more Peavey Wolfgangs. But the custom shop and first year quilt models will remain sought after and collectible. Those are the ones that have not found their way to eBay as frequently as they once did.
    Out of interest Andrew, do you know how many of the Peavey's were built a year on average? I read on the wolfgang guitar site that they had 8000 on order for the first year of Peaveys (the EBMM apparently only did 6000 in it's entire run).

Interestingly I saw one of the new Cherry Bursts on Ebay a couple of months ago with a serial of ~ 1300/1400 (same sequence as 09's) so that's where Fender must be up to

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joegrgas View Post
    Out of interest Andrew, do you know how many of the Peavey's were built a year on average? I read on the wolfgang guitar site that they had 8000 on order for the first year of Peaveys (the EBMM apparently only did 6000 in it's entire run).

Interestingly I saw one of the new Cherry Bursts on Ebay a couple of months ago with a serial of ~ 1300/1400 (same sequence as 09's) so that's where Fender must be up to
    I really don't know. Peavey won't release those numbers, so you just have to kind of guess based on the tidbits of reliable info out there. We know there were less than 2,000 quilts produced early on, and the custom shop produced about 500 guitars. So that's the rare ones. An employee of the plant once said at their peak they were putting out 90 a day (I'm guessing that was 2001-2002). They also brought in a LOT of the EXPs. The actual total number of Peavey Wolfgangs is well into the tens of thousands.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.26.10 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Peavey Wolfgang Pricing Question?

Hello All,

I wanted to get your expert opinions/information on the following:

I currently own a Peavey Wolfgang Electric Guitar, Standard Black Color. I bought this guitar brand new probably when I was 15 or 16 years old (meaning circa ~1997, 1998).

The guitar is still at my parents house, as I haven't played in years. My mom recently just took it to the store to get restrung, cleaned up (as they are moving out of the house), and the guitar tech. was very excited about the guitar...he offered $400 on the spot and then when my mom said she would have to ask me, he upped it to $500.

Thus, I have since read these threads, researched online etc., and it seems that this guitar is worth well over $1,000? Is this the case? I am in need of some money, but do you guys think this guitar is particularly valuable and growing increasingly rare, thereby justifying holding on to it? Is this becoming a collector's item? Thanks for any help.

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.02.15 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I bought mine new in '99... I'll never need the money to sell it. I love it too much... as you can hear on my newest song "Sticky". Sorry, self-promotion

(no vocals or bass... cause we NEED A FREAKIN' BASS PLAYER AND SINGER!)
    http://www.reverbnation.com/stevelackey
    \m/ Roll Tide \m/

Check out my MUSIC

"To not be heard is to not exist"

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceslip View Post
    Hello All,

I wanted to get your expert opinions/information on the following:

I currently own a Peavey Wolfgang Electric Guitar, Standard Black Color. I bought this guitar brand new probably when I was 15 or 16 years old (meaning circa ~1997, 1998).

The guitar is still at my parents house, as I haven't played in years. My mom recently just took it to the store to get restrung, cleaned up (as they are moving out of the house), and the guitar tech. was very excited about the guitar...he offered $400 on the spot and then when my mom said she would have to ask me, he upped it to $500.

Thus, I have since read these threads, researched online etc., and it seems that this guitar is worth well over $1,000? Is this the case? I am in need of some money, but do you guys think this guitar is particularly valuable and growing increasingly rare, thereby justifying holding on to it? Is this becoming a collector's item? Thanks for any help.
    Do you know the exact model Wolfgang you have? Is it a Wolfgang Special or the standard arch top model? If it is an arch top, the guitar tech at that store was trying to rip your mom off. $500 for a solid finish Wolfgang Special is a decent sale price, but if it's an arch top model it is worth much more.

Right now is not an ideal time to sell a Wolfgang. Their overall used value dropped with the fall of the economy. I imagine values will go up again in a couple of years.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.26.10 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    Do you know the exact model Wolfgang you have? Is it a Wolfgang Special or the standard arch top model? If it is an arch top, the guitar tech at that store was trying to rip your mom off. $500 for a solid finish Wolfgang Special is a decent sale price, but if it's an arch top model it is worth much more.

Right now is not an ideal time to sell a Wolfgang. Their overall used value dropped with the fall of the economy. I imagine values will go up again in a couple of years.

What exactly is the difference? From my understanding, THIS is an archtop, correct?
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090902/Peavey...toltes.hu_.jpg

Thus, the archtop has the white trim, and is literally arched upwards somewhat is a thicker, more rounded body?

I DO NOT have the type pictured here; I have no white trim, and the body seems to look smaller than the picture (and lacks the seemingly raised, contoured "arch" of the base)

thus, I guess I have a wolfgang special, correct?