Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:11 PM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

Default Teacher Beating Video Highlights School Violence

maybe Broken is right about the Houston school system. Who hires these people?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/teacher-be...ry?id=10634450

Isaiah Johnson, 13, said he thought his teacher was "playing around" when she backed him into a corner at his Houston-area school. But then he quickly realized it was no joke.

A Houston special needs teacher attacked an 13-year-old as others watched."She started beating on her chest and she threw the desk and kicked the book," Isaiah told "Good Morning America" today. "I was ... frightened."

Teacher Sherri Davis then allegedly slapped and kicked Isaiah for nearly a minute.

"The teachers didn't break it up," Isaiah said. "They were just standing there, and she just stopped so I got up, and then I looked around and then I left."

Although the alleged incident took place weeks ago, a recently released cell phone video that captured the attack has sparked outrage across the nation.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Public schools are nothing more than re-education camps. I'm very concerned for the United States of America.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

That is absolutely unreal! That looked like something you would see shot on the street during a gang fight or something. That woman needs to be behind bars.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Sad story all the way around. It looks like that teacher was at the end of her rope and completely lost it. I'm glad that kid didn't get seriously hurt. She could have done some major damage if she had kept going.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

wait.. there were other teachers in the room who did nothing for that entire beating? They should be as much on the hook as the teacher that did the beating. Let's assume the teacher lost her cool, another adult should have stepped in and broke the thing up.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    wait.. there were other teachers in the room who did nothing for that entire beating? They should be as much on the hook as the teacher that did the beating. Let's assume the teacher lost her cool, another adult should have stepped in and broke the thing up.
    I've been thinking the same thing! What is it with people just standing around watching this shit happen? I guess people are afraid to get involved for legal reasons, which is a shame.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

fucking crazy man...see how she hunches over when she's going in for the attack? She looks like she's on the hunt or something, stalking her prey...fucking lunatic savage bitch.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing! What is it with people just standing around watching this shit happen? I guess people are afraid to get involved for legal reasons, which is a shame.
    It reminds me of that Oakland thing on the bus where that old guy sent that younger guy to the "amba lamps". People see all kinds of crazy going on and the first thing they think to do is to get out their cell phone and film it. Ridiculous. Something similar happened to my friend's wife recently. She was driving and some ass pulled out of a driveway maybe 10 feet in front of her while she was going 45 mph. Friend's wife levels this asshole's car and the rest of traffic can't wait to get out and film the thing like this fender bender is going end up TMZ or something. They could have used the phone to, oh I don't know, call 911... call a tow truck... Instead, they all turned into documentary filmmakers.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

something must have been going off in this classroom for a few minutes before this attack....otherwise, why would another student have started filming it with their phone?..........this was the aftermath of probably a long line of problems, which is why the kid was in this school to begin with

That teacher lost it, absolutely, even seasoned teachers can find themselves out of control, but like this? I wonder about that teacher's experience and training...is she even an accredited teacher to be working with problem kids?

Why the other teachers didn't stop it is troubling, but not without explanation....they may have been trying to control the rest of the class to keep it from becoming a free for all or they may just have been shocked and in disbelief about what was happening

something similar happened last winter in downtown Toledo when people where driving past a sexual assault that was occurring on a public sidewalk in broad daylight.......people just couldn't believe what they were seeing and many drove by and never reported anything.

very interesting that the kid never reported it to the mother nor did the school

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

I'm sure Isaiah was a fucking angel and was finally given what he deserved...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:11 PM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    I'm sure Isaiah was a fucking angel and was finally given what he deserved...
    hopefully you're not a teacher.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    hopefully you're not a teacher.
    Perhaps it wasn't intended that way, but..

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member

Ha! You guys crack me up. Seriously, if any one of you had to sit in even the same room as these kids for 8 months out of the year, much less than having to teach them, you would all be lining up to take the shots. It speaks volumes the other teachers didn't step in, nor did any students seem to be concerned.

And don't call me insensitive. My wife teaches at an inner city school. She comes home with scratches, bruises, etc. from little kids beating on each other and then beating on her. She's a saint for putting up with that shit. I would kick the crap out of these little kids after they called my wife a "fucking bitch" and kicked her.

The kid even admitted it was because he was making fun of a handicapped student in their class, which I'm sure wasn't the first thing this kid ever did.

He got what was coming to him.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Ha! You guys crack me up. Seriously, if any one of you had to sit in even the same room as these kids for 8 months out of the year, much less than having to teach them, you would all be lining up to take the shots. It speaks volumes the other teachers didn't step in, nor did any students seem to be concerned.

And don't call me insensitive. My wife teaches at an inner city school. She comes home with scratches, bruises, etc. from little kids beating on each other and then beating on her. She's a saint for putting up with that shit. I would kick the crap out of these little kids after they called my wife a "fucking bitch" and kicked her.

The kid even admitted it was because he was making fun of a handicapped student in their class, which I'm sure wasn't the first thing this kid ever did.

He got what was coming to him.
    I will agree with you that it takes a special individual to be a teacher, especially to special needs kids. I have a friend that is a teacher that had to watch an 11 year old in detention recently. Kid was in detention for generally being disruptive and throwing around the "F" word like it was a new toy, calling his teachers a "fucking bitch". Kid already has 2 tattoos (parents are tattoo shop owner, apparently). She has the patience of a saint.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

looked a bit over the top to me. I'm sure there's more to the story than what we see here, but still, be kinda hard to justify that no matter what came before.

Still, I wish I had the polar story from here a couple of weeks ago where I believe it was a 12 year old girl beating up on her teacher/counselor, but I don't remember enough details to look it up.