Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Give me the scoop!

What's been going on around here? Feels like forever since I've spent any time on here. I have such limited free time these days. So, a little about my crazy world these days...

I no longer get to work from home, and I no longer have to work 2 hours away. I jumped ship away from the mortgage industry and am now managing a Fleet Feet Sports store which caters to specialty running. I love my work!!! We have training programs that get people into an active, healthier lifestyle. It is so awesome to see people inspired and changing their lives for the better. Finally, a rewarding job. I live within running distance of the store - ok, less than 3 miles, given that I could mean 26 miles here! The only draw back is it is retail and I work 52+ hours per week. So in my free time, I am usually training, trying to keep up with running a household, and spending time with the kids.

I am still racing. I think I'm up to 13 completed marathons or so. I've done a few ultra marathons, but those are sooooo boring. Too many hours in my own thoughts. Last summer I did my first Triathlon and I'm totally hooked on them now. This summer I will compete in my first full Ironman in Louisville, KY. Swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, run 26.2 miles. Sweet. Training will toss in a half ironman in Racine, WI and a marathon at the end of this month.

The kids are doing great. The oldest is a freshman in college, so she is officially now my sister - I cannot possibly have a kid that old. She's doing well and is still with the guy she has been dating since soph yr in high school. Her injuries from that awful car accident are pretty much gone. The boy gets straight A's and is in band. He has an awesome sense of humor and is a really great kid. Trouble is in 3rd grade now - hard to believe that she's that old. She does well in school and is into gymnastics and horses. Both she and Boy like to do the fun run 5k's at my store. The ex and I get along better than when we were dating. It makes it so good for the kids, though it's been a long road to get here.

The biggest news is that I'm engaged to a runner friend of mine. He's run thousands of miles with me, which means he's heard all the gory details about everything and vice versa. So when we started dating, there were no secrets. We have kept it that way, which is probably why I have actually consented to marriage again. We have open, honest communication and mutual respect. THAT is how a marriage should be. He's a triathlete like me. Seriously, he is my clone. Opposites may attract, but it's much better when you're not opposites! In true form, our wedding will not be normal. We will be married in the mud pit by the Frog (mascot) at the Muddy Buddy event on Aug 1. Google it if you are curious! It's a blast. The honeymoon starts in Louisville with the Ironman and ends in Italy on a Trek bike tour (courtesy of my boss). Spectacular.

The last time I posted here, my world was just beginning to recover from the earthquake that was my divorce. I never believed in a million years that I would find the happiness that I have, and I know better than to take it for granted. I am truly blessed.

So, I am hoping to hear from all of my old friends here in Linkie Land. Wassuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup???
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Noel, soo good to hear you're happy like that! Nothing better. And really good to have you around here again. Hope you won't be a stranger...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Hey... You made my day!!! PM me or somethin', girl!!!

Congrats on everything!!!
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

RF8...if I tried to write it all, it'd be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long read. So, the Cliff's Notes version:

Life sucked, ready to redecorate living room with brains, divorced, back on the road fulltime, gave up on finding love & happiness again, reconnected with past girlfriend, rekindled love life, getting remarried in less than a month.

There we go. Caught up. LOL
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Wow RF!! Long time no post. Missed you around here. Welcome back and don't be a stranger 'kay??

Oh and congrats on the engagement. Sounds like life is good.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dodgeboy!! So good to hear from you! You saw my latest, so PM me to catch up on your end if it's too X rated to post here!

Wow, monkeyboy, you have been busy!!! I'm so excited you're getting married! Happiness is not over rated. Still driving full time then? I still wonder how the hell one deals with driving a semi thru Chicago. Screw that! Congrats on the pending nups.

JC, my drinkin' buddy - woot! Girl, I'll try to be around a bit more. Sitting on my ass right now recovering from a long run. Does the pub serve chilled Recoverite? And foot rubs... ahhhh
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

We've missed you around here! Glad you came back to visit!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

She lives!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Good to hear all is well
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...