Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Parents jailed for forcing kids to consume 'world's hottest sauce'

REXBURG, Idaho - A mother, stepfather and grandmother have been sentenced to jail for abusing their kids in a way that a detective called the worst case of child abuse he's ever seen.

The court played a 20-minute videotape shot by the stepfather in which the family is seen making fun of a boy while he is forced to eat spicy sauce so hot it can cause injury when taken in large quantities.

The hot sauce was used as a punishment, authorities say.

The parents force-fed their child Gold Caps World's Hottest Sauce, which is described as being 35 times hotter than Tabasco sauce.

All three defendants, Rose Bemis, Karen Pacheco, and Jose Pacheco pleaded guilty to child abuse.

"I wouldn't wish this, the things these kids went through, on anybody. It was horrendous what they went through - the stories that were told to me were heart-wrenching," said Detective Curtis Wood with the Madison County Sheriff's Office.

Bemis, 68, the grandmother, will spend three days in jail. The mother, Karen, will spend six days in jail. And the stepfather, Jose, will spend 13 days in jail.

All three already spent two days in jail after the initial arrest.

The 20-minute video was played in the courtroom during a sentencing hearing. In it, the parents deny water to a child, despite multiple requests.

"It burns," the child says. "Can I be excused? ... It hurts too much."

But he wasn't excused until he ate a bowl of food that the prosecution contends had lots of hot sauce poured in it.

"I think it was outrageous," Wood said. "As you saw in the video the parents laughed, belittled, made fun of and showed no care or concern in my opinion."

The judge in his verdict said the defendants were guilty of torture.

This investigation started when a resource officer at Madison Junior High noticed signs of abuse including bruises and markings on the child's face that appeared to be burns.

"Something needed to be done. He obviously very graphically and very vividly told me what had happened to him and his brothers over the years," Wood said.

Detective Wood says it wasn't the hot sauce that was the worst abuse, but, he says, it was bad enough. Evidence about the other abuse was not revealed during the court hearing.

"I did try (the hot sauce). I didn't think it would be fair to comment on it if I didn't. I did take a taste of it. It is hot, it made me sick to my stomach," Wood said.

The facility where the hot sauce was made was destroyed when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, so it is hard to find.

The three children who were abused were removed from the home immediately and placed in foster care. A fourth child, who is the biological son of both parents, is still living with them.

The father is serving his time first, then the mother will, so a parent will be home with the children.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/9...html?tab=video
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

08.29.14 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If that poor kid grows up and murders his family, I hope he gets off scott free.

That is the most disgusting thing I have heard in a while. As the father of a 3 yr old boy and a 15 yr old step daughter, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Those 3 should be subjected to the same fate as that poor kid.

there are some sick mother fuckers in this world.
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

And they want to leave one of these kids with them knowing they can happily do this to a kid?

And what's with the "days" in prison crap? Reading between the lines there is a lot more going on here than just the hot sauce which is bad enough.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,358 Posts

SEA...I thought that too "days" in the county pokey doesn't seem right for the "worst case" of child abuse that the officer had seen

for them, it's probably like a little vacay

plus they left one kid in the home? and rotated the days in jail so that one parent of the other could be home? Boy they really worked hard to make the time served for child abuse convenient for that family.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It makes me sick when the most vulnerable in our society are abused and even sicker when the sentences are lesser than they would be if it were an adult. Isn't this like Assault and Battery and deserve at least a year in jail?
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    SEA...I thought that too "days" in the county pokey doesn't seem right for the "worst case" of child abuse that the officer had seen

for them, it's probably like a little vacay

plus they left one kid in the home? and rotated the days in jail so that one parent of the other could be home? Boy they really worked hard to make the time served for child abuse convenient for that family.
    Ditto. I actually had to re-read the article a couple of times to make sure I wasn't missing something that would make more sense.

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

They should use sandpaper on their assholes and give them a enema with that stuff.