Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default Arizona’s new illegal immigration law

Arizona Governor Signs Controversial Immigration Bill

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed a controversial bill that seeks to crack down on illegal immigration.

The sweeping measure will make it a crime under state law to be in the country illegally. It will also require local police officers to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.

Earlier, President Obama called the bill "misguided" and said it could violate people's civil rights.The bill's Republican sponsor, state Rep. Russell Pearce of Mesa, said Obama and other critics of the bill were "against law enforcement, our citizens and the rule of law."

Jan Brewer for President 2012.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

I don't know about just stopping and questioning random people because they look like illegals but it is about time someone laid down the law that was already laid down a million times before. Obama is worried about the civil rights issue (big surprise).What part of illegal alien denotes any kind of "civil right?" They aren't supposed to be here in the first place hence the term illegal.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Screw Obama. Good for Arizona. Way to go Jan. Now these new laws need to be properly enforced without profiling abuses against legal citizens.

Something that concerns me though is unwelcome Arizona illegals now migrating to Denver. We're overflowing with illegals here already without becoming a safe-haven for those fleeing hostile states. Colorado needs to get with the program.

Other things concern me too on both sides, but not gonna rant.

Okay one thing. Every time our government identifies a new "enemy" then we the people choke up more rights and liberties all in the name of security (is a public concern about this new Arizona law). The time may be right now for our government to make a bigger issue over illegals, what with drug cartel violence and the sheer number of illegals now,, and so move harder against them, like Arizona now. Thereby passing more laws that strip rights away from all of us and give government and police and military greater power over the people.

We can always demand that all of the illegals are sent back to Mexico and our borders finally strongly enforced. The problem's gotten so bad now though that turning the tide and cleaning up the problem would require some unpleasant methods and government never wastes an opportunity to seize greater power given a good crisis, as they've done time and time again in just the last 10 years. The USA PATRIOT Act just one example. Or after Katrina when Bush rewrote and effectively killed the Posse Comitatus Act with revision H.R. 5122 Section 1076 "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies". Essentially opening the gates to a police/military state. People don't even know that.

We just need to be very careful moving forward on these issues and pay closer attention to these things. Careful of our government and stupid corrupt puppet politicians. We've already given up so much, so quickly, without a glance.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Screw Obama. Good for Arizona. Way to go Jan. Now these new laws need to be properly enforced without profiling abuses against legal citizens.

Something that concerns me though is unwelcome Arizona illegals now migrating to Denver. We're overflowing with illegals here already without becoming a safe-haven for those fleeing hostile states. Colorado needs to get with the program.

Other things concern me too on both sides, but not gonna rant.

Okay one thing. Every time our government identifies a new "enemy" then we the people choke up more rights and liberties all in the name of security (is a public concern about this new Arizona law). The time may be right now for our government to make a bigger issue over illegals, what with drug cartel violence and the sheer number of illegals now,, and so move harder against them, like Arizona now. Thereby passing more laws that strip rights away from all of us and give government and police and military greater power over the people.

We can always demand that all of the illegals are sent back to Mexico and our borders finally strongly enforced. The problem's gotten so bad now though that turning the tide and cleaning up the problem would require some unpleasant methods and government never wastes an opportunity to seize greater power given a good crisis, as they've done time and time again in just the last 10 years. The USA PATRIOT Act just one example. Or after Katrina when Bush rewrote and effectively killed the Posse Comitatus Act with revision H.R. 5122 Section 1076 "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies". Essentially opening the gates to a police/military state. People don't even know that.

We just need to be very careful moving forward on these issues and pay closer attention to these things. Careful of our government and stupid corrupt puppet politicians. We've already given up so much, so quickly, without a glance.
    The time is definitely now to act on the problem of illegals, but I sure as hell don't trust the pen of Obama to do anything right by this issue. Look at prop 187 in Ca., WE all voted to enforce it and were told to shut our mouths because it was deemed "unconstitutional" after the fact. Total bullshit. I could go on for hours about the havoc wreaked by illegal immigrants but no one wants to hear anything about truth anymore.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,131 Posts

Premium Member

So they passed a law to crack down on something that is already against the law?

Cool

I guess this time they really mean it.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

It's all over the local news here, they keep looping this clip of some girl saying it's going to break up families. I call bullshit. They were broken when a few family members decided to cross over here illegally.

And yes, being illegal should be against the law, but some people don't understand this.

The real problem here is how immigrants get into America in the first place. The laws need to be changed to allow workers to get here easier and work, pay taxes, etc etc. But until this changes, the law is the law. I fully support this new law.

I don't care what anyone says about needing illegals for jobs blah blah blah. Jobs will be filled by anyone, not just illegals. Yeah, companies will have to finally pony up and pay people what they are worth, it's their fault for using illegals to make that extra profit to begin with.

I'm not going to make a blanket statement about illegals and crime, but there is a lot of crime at the border with the drug cartels. This law isn't going to fix that. Tougher policing on the Mexican side will, but the government there is so damn corrupt it isn't funny.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

So, who can explain this to me....?

Something is illegal, and it is news that that law is being enforced......

Good-do. Now I get it.

So, let me get this right. I can now drive 250mph whilst loaded and gang-raping my pet cat and suddenly someone tells me this is wrong and now they are right....?

Shit.

This is news.

I feel safer. The world is a fine place. Well done AZ. Common sense might just make a come-back.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xaminer View Post

I'm not going to make a blanket statement about illegals and crime, but there is a lot of crime at the border with the drug cartels. This law isn't going to fix that. Tougher policing on the Mexican side will, but the government there is so damn corrupt it isn't funny.

Where poverty exists, high crime rates soar.
    It's not a Mexican thing, it's a money thing.

Tougher Policing on the Mexican side?
    That's not gonna happen.
    Now that is a Mexican thing.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

I don't expect it to change much

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 07:14 AM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    I don't expect it to change much
    It wont.....it's just political posturing

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by steve mcqueen View Post
    It wont.....it's just political posturing
    If nothing else it will make it glaringly obvious that they aren't welcome here.
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,243 Times in 1,359 Posts

I stand on the side of Arizona on this one. We need the farm workers, simple as that, but there are procedures where you get a visa to work here, you work, pay taxes and go home. See you next season.

In Arizona the problem is illegals from Mexico, but all over this country we have tens of thousands of seasonal workers who come here for the summer from Eastern Europe and take the expiration date on their visa as a "suggestion". The last few years, every fall you'd see wedding licenses listed in the local paper and the girls name was always something like Supersluttyrussianova....they'd come over here to work at the tourist jobs, but what they were really working at is finding a sugar Daddy.

We need to send out a clear message that immigration laws are just like any other law...break the law, and pay the consequences

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the problem with the AZ law is that it is suppose to be a federal law rather than a state law. Then again, the federal government isn't doing what it is suppose to do in a lot of instances. Perhaps it's overwhelmed or it's not important enough. Whatever the case, the laws need to be revamped. I have no problem with people coming here for a better life but I have a HUGE problem with anyone from any country doing it illegally. We just have a system that is overloaded with red tape. We need to streamline the process and allow larger numbers, I mean they're here anyway. I like to think most people are good at heart and would do things the right way if it was easier. If it was, it would benefit everyone giving better accountability, more people paying taxes and making it easier to track who is here and who is not.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:16 AM
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

so basically this law will make it possible for a police officer to pull over whoever the hell he wants for no real reason? Interesting. When Canada has laws like this Americans say it's because we don't value freedom much and are willing to give up our rights to government. Where are all the conseratives? Doesn't this completely fly in the face of every belief of the small government lovers?

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

The other issue of course is, it's Arizona, and civil rights towards minorities hasn't always been front and center on the state's list of shining achievements.

Which seems an odd criticism from someone calling himself Duke, but I try to distance myself from that side of the family.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis