Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Making things better for my customers

I have been working 60 hour weeks for about the last 2 years and I still get behind because of the way I've done things. Because of several recent posts and emails I've upgraded my equipment. A major commitment that I'll be paying for monthly for a while! I know it shouldn't take long to get a body or a neck made and shipped, but the volume I'm dealing with just kills me. I bought two machines on Monday that should increase my productivity in a huge way. The Overarm Pin Router will be the biggest player for me. Wayne Charvel still uses one! This one is a monster. I can do bodies and some parts of my necks on this.

This bandsaw is 80" tall and has so much clearence that I can do all of my big cuts on it as well as tummy cuts and arm tapers. Those two things take a while to do the way I'm doing them now.

I'll have the Bandsaw today and the Pin Router by the end of the month. In the meantime I'm working to fill all the orders I have now. Don't lose faith... I'm coming on strong and trying to keep everyone happy, or at least not wanting to kill me.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

so how do you do them now?

No seriously now, how do you do all the wood cutting and shaping? Or is that a trade secret?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, I have a bandsaw, but it's not quite as big and powerful as this one. I use templates and routers, and router tables, and a drillpress, and sanders, and a few other things. It's rare that I mess up on anything, but the amount of time I burn up is why I've made this investment.
    I have a backlog of bodies to make now of over 20, necks I have over 10, and literally over 200 of the various parts I make. I tried hiring someone a few months ago, but they just didn't have the eye for detail that I needed.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DivebombInc View Post
    Well, I have a bandsaw, but it's not quite as big and powerful as this one. I use templates and routers, and router tables, and a drillpress, and sanders, and a few other things. It's rare that I mess up on anything, but the amount of time I burn up is why I've made this investment.
    I have a backlog of bodies to make now of over 20, necks I have over 10, and literally over 200 of the various parts I make. I tried hiring someone a few months ago, but they just didn't have the eye for detail that I needed.
    so in comparison, how much more quickly can you make a body or a neck without sacrificing the quality you strive for?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hum..why don't you get a C&C machine instead?...you get a fully working one for under 5000$ now!...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome man!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, just guessing based on the fact that I can do the outside shape and all the cavities on the front of a body minus the neck pocket without changing templates or bits I think I'll cut hours off of each body. Changing templates and bits and measureing for depths etc... eat up a lot of time. Same on the back; I can do it all with one template. Using this bandsaw for the arm taper and tummy cut will save a lot of time and it will eliminate a huge mess that I make doing it the way I do now.
    Necks take me about 4.5 hours (over 2 days) now and I think I can cut that down to 2 hours.
    I'll know more once I have them up and running. All I know now is I have to catch up and make my customers happy and whatever I have to do to do that I will.

... Bandsaw just arrived! OMG! It's freakin' huge!
    Btw, that the first time I've ever said "Omg!"
    ... and "Btw" Lol, and Lol.
    Divebomb, Inc.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    hum..why don't you get a C&C machine instead?...you get a fully working one for under 5000$ now!...

Where? All that I looked at were over $14k if they had enough xyz to do a complete guitar body. And I would want to be able to do larger bodies like Destroyers too.
    Divebomb, Inc.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I'm excited for you, bro. Those things look awesome.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, it's going to be better for my customers so that's good. I'll be getting things out very quickly once these are both up and running.
    Divebomb, Inc.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Where? All that I looked at were over $14k if they had enough xyz to do a complete guitar body. And I would want to be able to do larger bodies like Destroyers too.
    Somebody was price gouging you...

Mine is 30x48x5

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise magic
    Last Online

09.21.11 @ 02:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, it's going to be better for my customers so that's good. I'll be getting things out very quickly once these are both up and running.
    A better customer service and relationship would have been more helpful than these machines...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.14.14 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyGlue View Post
    A better customer service and relationship would have been more helpful than these machines...
    I gotta say, Kyle and I have had a working business relationship for about a year now. I've gotten everything I've ordered and paid for, with the exception of a few things I don't need until I'm ready to assemble, but he's doing the assembly, so I've told him to hold onto the items for me. If he has a customer in need, he's more than welcome to put priority first, and use the items he's set aside for me if needed. I UNDERSTAND THE FACT HE'S JUST ONE MAN! He has a customer base worldwide, and I am just one of the many. I don't believe service should fail because of this, and he has taken awhile to return an e-mail here and there, but I've ALWAYS gotten a response. Should satisfaction need to be rushed? I think not. There are PLENTY of well respected members of this forum who more than approve of the man's work, other builders included. I understand the me first attitude, I have it sometimes too...but I can't see bashing a guy because he took awhile to deliver exactly what I wanted. The last Franky body I ordered was received quickly but I wasn't happy with the weight. Instead of telling me I was stuck with it, (which he could have, because he told me it was weighing in heavy) he sent me a shipping label and had me forward it on to a customer in Japan. But by this, I don't expect the replacement body to be next on the list, I still have to wait my turn. Have some patience...I want my Franky to be ready tomorrow too...but I also know if you want a great finished product, there is always a wait involved. You want incredibly fast mass production? Open a sweatshop in China and outsource your customer service department to India. From what I can tell, this guy does not hide from an angry customer (and if you're in business, there is always an angry customer), he meets their posts here head on and trys to resolve any issues.
    "Boards don't hit back" - Bruce Lee

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise magic
    Last Online

09.21.11 @ 02:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you forgot that i live abroad and it's been almost 6 months that i have ordered.
    I have been patient enough. I mean, it's a neck! Not a car or a house! I know that it isn't mass production but 6 months.... And it's not notified on his website that it would take that long.
    Meanwhile, i hope that these machines will help for future customers.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At the Risk of Brett going apeshit on me again...ME100472..if a mistake is done..you SHOULD be next of the line. i don't care if you're a one man band or buisness...there is NO REASON for bad communication or any of the things we see happening here. i was one of those guys once..so don't tell me anyone it's not of my buisness. By doing so..you're telling him it's ok to take 6 months to fill in an order that should be done in a week.

if you can't fill in orders..STOP taking them for 6 months..fill in all the ones you've took and then regroup basicaly. Like Crazy glue sais...tell the customers at least..."your stuff will be ready in 6 months..and i will most likely not answer your emails"...sounds stupid to put that on a site right?...why is it happening all the time then?.

PLEASE..there is a difference between the Guy..and the Buisness here. i'm sure Kyle is a GREATH guy..but running a buisness...not something he knows how to do bascicaly. This thread is just my point made, doing wood work for the mass and not even had a bandsaw yet?......Realy!