Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

06.04.11 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default What's A Wolfgang Worth?

Unfortunately I have to part with some of my guitars, but I don't know what they're worth. I have a Sunburst Wolfgang Standard with a Stoptail. According to Peavey the S/N says that it's a 2001. I also have a 2004 USA Special with floyd and D-tuna. Before I decide to sell them I'm trying to get a ball park as to what they are worth. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TopJoey View Post
    Unfortunately I have to part with some of my guitars, but I don't know what they're worth. I have a Sunburst Wolfgang Standard with a Stoptail. According to Peavey the S/N says that it's a 2001. I also have a 2004 USA Special with floyd and D-tuna. Before I decide to sell them I'm trying to get a ball park as to what they are worth. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Wolfgang values are generally down right now with the state of the economy. It could also have something to do with the availability of the new EVH Wolfgang, but I don't think that will continue to be a factor. Unfortunately hard tail Wolfgangs don't fetch as much as Floyd versions. And if your Special is a solid finish model it too won't bring in a staggering amount. For the sunburst hard tail Wolf you'll likely do somewhere between $800 and $1,100. For the Special, if it is a solid finish, between $500 and $750 (more if it is a flame top, less if it is a Korean EXP). Presentation makes a huge difference when selling, though; so take quality pictures that show off the tops and necks. Also, having the original cases and accessories adds value. If you have manuals, tools, fret protectors, etc., be sure to photograph and include them in any description.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

06.04.11 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks AT. I figured that the stoptail wouldn't fetch as much as a floyd would. I contacted Peavey and they told me that the Special is a 2004 USA model. I would post a picture of the guitar, but I'm not too computer literate and can't seem to figure out how to insert an image in my post.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

07.31.10 @ 09:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

for comparison, I have a Deluxe standard hardtail that is in really good shape. In fact AT set it up for me.. I have had it on Craigslist for a month listed at $1000 and haven't gotten one legit inquiry for it.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

08.13.10 @ 08:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The pricing for used Wolfgang's is extremely odd, you might have someone selling a Korean made EXP Special for $1,000, or you might find a USA made Standard for the same price. In general, the EXP's would go for the lowest ($400 and less), the Special's seem to fetch anywhere from $500 (solid colour player condition model) to $1,100 (Near Mint or NOS flametop model), and the Standard's seem to go from about $800 to $1,800, depending on specs (hardtail or locking tremolo, flametop or solid colour, etc). eBay seems to have a really inflated set of prices on them (1k for an EXP...really?)...your local classifieds or a good forum is the best place to look, that's where I picked up my Patent Pending Standard Deluxe. This is just my observation over time, and shouldn't be taken literally, as each person will have different experiences.
    Last edited by King Loudness; 04.16.10 at 07:03 PM.
    -My Guitars-
    *1997 Peavey Wolfgang Standard Deluxe (Patent Pending) - Goldtop (My VH tone monster)
    *2010 Gibson Les Paul Traditional - Honey Burst
    *2007 Parker Fly Deluxe - Dusty Black
    *1995 Samick Radio Ten Blues Saraceno model - Creme

"I want my guitar to sound like Al's snare" - Edward Van Halen

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krabby5 View Post
    for comparison, I have a Deluxe standard hardtail that is in really good shape. In fact AT set it up for me.. I have had it on Craigslist for a month listed at $1000 and haven't gotten one legit inquiry for it.
    Funny that I recognized it as yours the moment I saw it on a regular ol' Craig's List search! You have a nice one, though; it's a great player and in excellent shape. (Post it here in the 'For Sale' section if you haven't already.)

The best place--or easiest place, anyway--to sell a Wolfgang is always going to be eBay, and unfortunately values are just down right now.