Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Default Glenn Beck

I'm curious to see what folks thoughts are around here on the opinions and/or commentary of Glenn Beck on Fox. I've started watching him a little more lately and really enjoying his program. I've seen some remarks here and there pro and con in the forum in random threads. Thought I'd give him his own for your own outlet.

If you agree with him on a take he has, what is it/why?

If you don't, what is it specifically and why?

I'm totally uninterested in "I like him, he's brilliant" or "I can't stand that idiot". Please don't waste space and time with that.

It's kind of interesting the polarity he draws out of people. I'm not sure I see the controversy.

In the shows I've watched, I haven't seen him present "incorrect" information, so I'm assuming it's his opinions derived from his information that are so controversial? What's the deal?

I think there was another thread around at some point that turned in to a religious thread. Not interested in going that way either.

Just curious what some thoughts are out there either way and why.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Like most commentators from either side, he has some good points. I used to watch him when he was on Headline News. There were times I'd roll my eyes at alot of what he said because it was so right entrenched, but there was alot of stuff he at least made you think about. One thing for sure...He's not afraid to speak his mind, and even when he's wrong, he deals with it without appearing defensive. He's obviously right wing, but one thing he used to say that I totally agreed about was the excessive partisanship in government. He said "I may not agree with current Democratic policy, but I don't care whos' in office as long as there's transparency and honesty in government." Pretty tough to argue with. I have'nt seen him once since his transition to Fox....I'm assuming his right wing bent is probably more evident being on Fox. I have no problem with him overall, it's a free country, and everyone is entitled to their opinion; it's what keeps balance. I totally agree with his views on the voting situation. It's pathetic. As he said....More people vote for American Idol, and So You Think You Can Dance then vote for the leaders of the free world. Again...Tough to argue with.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 04.05.10 at 03:00 PM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I agree with Sleeper. He has his good points, and he asks the right questions most of the time, but on the other hand, he's a bit hell bent on whining about the democrats a lot. In a lot of ways, he's the doppelganger of Bill Maher.

Not to derail, but when I was watching Glenn Beck on Fox just a few days ago, they had a democrat dude on there and they asked him about the deficit that Obama keeps running up. And his reply was "well, it's not nearly as bad as what bush did"...

On to my point... Yes, Bush screwed up, he failed, so don't make the same damn mistake. Why does every politician defend what they do by saying "the guy before me did it too"? It's people like that in Washington that piss me off. Let's work on a solution here, not just complain about the problem.

Sometimes, Beck will address those things, other times he's off the rocker.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by xaminer View Post

Sometimes, Beck will address those things, other times he's off the rocker.
    For instance?

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is all about ratings and money, sweet sweet money.

beck and rush are in the business of frightening a bunch of scared white folks with lies, more lies all the while blowing hyperbole up their arse for the sweet sweet sound of *CHACHING!*

nothing wrong with that. its just pt barnum all over again - the game is always the same. understand your demographics cognitive weakness and exploit it.

becks audience is a bunch of sweet, well meaning white folks that are scared of the past, scared of the present and most asuredly scared of the future. how the scam works is you first tell them the world is against them and they cannot trust anyone BUT YOU. once they are only watching you, you pump them for money - you tell them a bunch of horseshit about liberals and commies and they are gonna get you booga booga booga, and just like in tabloids the ratings go up, advertisers move product and the bullshit capitalist system turns another day.

pump and dump baby.

people watching these shows simply don't understand the game, BECAUSE, they have never particapated in the game at anything beyond the victim level. if you have done any sort of sales, or own a business, or lead a church group, you know this shit when you see it. people watching these shows are nice well meaning and TRUSTING folks being abused just to push more product. Fox doesn't give a rip for the GOP, gramma living paycheck to paycheck, they have simply found a style of tabloid that works on tv.

and as a certified bastard commie leftist, i can tell you this happens on the left as well. when those of you on the right look at the left frothing at the mouth and not thinking critically -- well you are correct. you are only seeing the same thing we see on your end, each others cognitive weaknesses.

hell, i catch my self all the time believing some new idea presented on TED and only a few googles later realize that it isn't the whole picture.

in other words, the becks of the world are doing what CHARLATANS have been doing forever: feeding us that which we want to hear the most ... and it ain't the truth.

and the best CHARLATANS? they are the ones that believe their own bullshit.

beck NEVER provides any facts.
    beck ALWAYS wraps his hyperbole in WINK WINK wrapping.
    beck believes his own bullshit.

he is a master charlatan.

Last Online

08.29.14 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"beck NEVER provides any facts."

sorry, but that's 100% false. he gives cold hard facts on most everything he say's and does.

I listen to him every day for about 15 minutes on the way to work.

I enjoyed your diatribe, but get real man.
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'll give you this one point, and that is you do about as much research as I do of the shows that I listen to:

Z E R O.

and that, my friend, is a cold hard, 100% true fact.

you are as much a sucker as the rest of us. seenbads question really IS NOT about beck. his question is actually ABOUT US.

do you believe everything you hear? how do you know what is true and what is not? when was the last time you fact checked anything beck said? or does all his 'fact' end up in the 'yup, looks right to me' category?

you aren't fooling anyone.

Last Online

08.29.14 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not trying to fool anyone.

I absolutely don't believe everything I hear. Especially from a highly Paid talk show host.

I know what I believe to be true. His word isn't gospel, but it damn sure is a lot more truthful than what the white house is spitting out on a daily basis.
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:00 AM
    Liked 6,709 Times in 3,728 Posts

I've seen bits and pieces of him - a fair bit of his "debates" on a public health care system. The man is at the very least stretching the truth when it comes to the issue. Based on my limited time watching him I don't find him to be very honest when addressing important issues like this.

Personally I have little time for acts like his. Like many of these ultra right wing conservative hosts who preach traditional American family values and all this stuff, his personal history doesn't jive with his message. I don't like the "yell as loud as you can to make a point" style. If you can't speak it normally and back it up with fact than it's probably not a point worthy of my time.
    Last edited by It's Mike; 04.05.10 at 09:05 PM.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lil'devil View Post

i'll give you this one point, and that is you do about as much research as I do of the shows that I listen to:

Z E R O.

and that, my friend, is a cold hard, 100% true fact.

you are as much a sucker as the rest of us. seenbads question really IS NOT about beck. his question is actually ABOUT US.

do you believe everything you hear? how do you know what is true and what is not? when was the last time you fact checked anything beck said? or does all his 'fact' end up in the 'yup, looks right to me' category?

you aren't fooling anyone.
    Wow, you admittedly do "ZERO research on the subject", but still spew as though you know everything about it, while making wild assumptions about someone who you disagree with for no legit reason whatsoever,, assuming that he and everyone is as dumb as your are. Who do you think YOU'RE fooling??

LudwigVondrumcrazy is correct about Beck. Love him or hate him Beck always backs his stuff up.

I watch the show sometimes and frequently check the accuracy of the info he presents.

Maybe you could do the same before assuming otherwise based on what your kind of people tell you to think about Beck's credibility.

I understand that you self-proclaimed "commie leftist" types hate him, and I understand why you hate him. None of you though can give any credible reason why freedom-loving Americans should hate him. None of you commie-leftists have ever discredited any of the info that Beck presents on his show. You just make a lot of noise to try to drown him out.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'devil
    and as a certified bastard commie leftist, i can tell you...
    LOL oh why bother
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 342 Times in 192 Posts

I'm intrigued by these "cold, hard facts" he "always backs up" - hilarious.
    One man's truth is another's innuendo, chalkboard scribblings and tears, I guess.

That anyone could take this fraud seriously is just sad. Really.
    But I look forward to the counter argument that 18 gazillion viewers can't be wrong.
    But, since someone already invoked PT Barnum, alll I can say is, two fools born a minute...

But I guess that makes me three, as I suspect this thread is mere proactive trolling.
    At least I would hope that it is...
    Last edited by E-roc; 04.05.10 at 09:50 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Just "trolling" for opinions and what makes them. I guess you could call it trolling. I tend to just call it starting a thread.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    I'm curious to see what folks thoughts are around here on the opinions and/or commentary of Glenn Beck on Fox. I've started watching him a little more lately and really enjoying his program. I've seen some remarks here and there pro and con in the forum in random threads. Thought I'd give him his own for your own outlet.

If you agree with him on a take he has, what is it/why?

If you don't, what is it specifically and why?

I'm totally uninterested in "I like him, he's brilliant" or "I can't stand that idiot". Please don't waste space and time with that.

It's kind of interesting the polarity he draws out of people. I'm not sure I see the controversy.

In the shows I've watched, I haven't seen him present "incorrect" information, so I'm assuming it's his opinions derived from his information that are so controversial? What's the deal?

I think there was another thread around at some point that turned in to a religious thread. Not interested in going that way either.

Just curious what some thoughts are out there either way and why.
    I don't really like his style much, especially lately, and he gets more and more annoying and full of himself every time I see him. Though I don't remember anyone ever catching him feeding people lies. People here who claim differently need to give some examples.

Hey if I see he's doing a show on commies in the White House then I'll watch for a few.

He spills a lot of shit on a lot of people and it really pisses a lot of people off. Pretty crazy all the campaigns organized against him. Those set against him make a lot of noise, but they haven't discredited him. I've tried myself but the dude's pretty much on target with a lot of that crazy shit.

People also always say "he used to be a drunk so that makes him a liar", which doesn't really make any sense at all.

I'm also not sure why we need another Beck thread though. The last one was started by and taken over by god-hating atheist commies. This is bound to get ugly. Hell I even saw Wray logged in tonight for the first time in a couple weeks as soon as this thread popped up. Right on.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beck is a sensationalist--the Jerry Springer of political pundits. Beck is successful because we are living in the pinnacle of the soundbite culture. But that speaks volumes about the people of this country, not Glenn Beck. I applaud Beck himself. He's made a name, money and fame in an ingenious way: he has used a primetime slot with one of many agenda driven media outlets, and focused his speech to a sociopolitical environment that enthralls itself with soundbites, radical emotions and politics, and irrationality. He his very good at what he does.

Now considering the veracity of his opinions and research, that's quite a different story. Beck is no different than Hannity, Olberman and every other partisan focused pundit. He plays to his audience, he routinely stretches the truth or flat out lies, and will conveniently leave out the facts. The part that separates Beck from the rest of the TV 'tards is that he preys more on emotion and sensationalism.

To anyone that actually takes Glenn Beck seriously, I would strongly recommend reading PolitiFact's analysis of him. If you're not familiar with PolitiFact, they are a non-partisan project of the St. Petersburg Times that dedicates itself to separating fact from fiction in politics. From everything I've seen, they have the most honest political analysis and research site on the 'net. They don't care who you are--black or white, liberal or conservative, man or woman; they will call you out if you're full of shit.
    Last edited by Wray; 04.05.10 at 10:25 PM.

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Hell I even saw Wray logged in tonight for the first time in a couple weeks as soon as this thread popped up. Right on.
    Well, a wedding and honeymoon tend to take up much of a man's time, but now I'm happily hitched and have a bit more free time..