Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default SAMMY HAGAR Amazed At VAN HALEN'S Lack Of Progress

stolen from blabbermouth.net:

SAMMY HAGAR Amazed At VAN HALEN'S Lack Of Progress - Mar. 31, 2010

According to The Pulse of Radio, Sammy Hagar is happy with the direction that his current band CHICKENFOOT is going, but couldn't help speaking out about the lack of VAN HALEN's progress.

He spoke to The San Gabriel Valley Tribune and seemed amazed that VAN HALEN hasn't released a new studio album in nearly 20 years, explaining, "The band broke up in 1995. The last record was in '93.
    17 years and they haven't made any new music. That's crazy . . . if it changed and it was like it used to be when I was in the band,
    I could do a reunion and an album, but not under these circumstances."

Hagar recalled that back in 2004 when he and current CHICKENFOOT bandmate Michael Anthony recorded three new songs for VAN HALEN's "Best Of Both Worlds" compilation, the pace that the band was working at was far to slow for him. "We tried to make a record, but, y'know, it just was taking so long we only got three songs done, and not 'cause of me, I'll tell ya straight up," he said. "If anyone ever says anything like that I was the problem on that record, they're crazy. I had my stuff totally together. I went in, I knocked my stuff out, and then Eddie [Van Halen] would take months to do a guitar solo or something. It was just way too drawn out. I can't work like that."
    Wasn't VHIII put out in 1998? Just sayin...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

and away we go!!!

I'll go ahead and get it out of the way:

SSSTFU.

oh...and MIACA!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

I love Sam, but with lyrics like "up for breakfast" and "it's about time" maybe he shoulda taken a bit longer...

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    I love Sam, but with lyrics like "up for breakfast" and "it's about time" maybe he shoulda taken a bit longer...

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

While I absolutely agree with this, I tend to think that if perhaps if he thought that the album they were trying to make was going anywhere they could have cleaned up the bad lyrics.

Also, lyrics aside, the guy is completely right about this. It's astounding, shocking, weird, inexplicable that VH just decided to stop making music. I think VHIII really scared the shit out of EVH.

Some of you may argue (I don't agree) that Sammy shouldn't be saying stuff like this and that he should "just let it go", but what he's saying is true and could (and has been said) by casual and die-hard VH fan alike. It's really strange what has happened to this band the last 15 years.
    Anonymous for fear of fatwa

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brownnation View Post
    While I absolutely agree with this, I tend to think that if perhaps if he thought that the album they were trying to make was going anywhere they could have cleaned up the bad lyrics.

Also, lyrics aside, the guy is completely right about this. It's astounding, shocking, weird, inexplicable that VH just decided to stop making music. I think VHIII really scared the shit out of EVH.

Some of you may argue (I don't agree) that Sammy shouldn't be saying stuff like this and that he should "just let it go", but what he's saying is true and could (and has been said) by casual and die-hard VH fan alike. It's really strange what has happened to this band the last 15 years.
    Extremely well said, brown.

I'd take Up for Breakfast and It's About Time over what we're getting now from VH.

And to go one further....I'd take Avenida Revolucion, Running Out and Learning to Fall over those 3 new VH songs we got in 2004.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

I think the nail was hit on the head when it was said that VHIII scared Ed. It gave him the "I'm taking my fucking ball and going home" attitude he has today. Everybody else in this band has been held hostage by this guy's neuroses for the last 13 years. 13 years!! You could have met a girl, got married, had a kid, bought a home, started your own business and be preparing for a bah-mitzvah in the time that has passed since since they released a new disc.
    The sad thing that is being over looked here is that this is what the disease of alcoholism can do to a person. It can just rip a gifted person to absolute shreds, rendering them incapable of even doing the most exciting things for fear of criticism. What a truly sad waste of a man EVH has become. I wouldn't want to be Janie Van Halen for the life of me, trying to encourage this guy to stand up and be a man about things on a daily basis.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Just like clock work, Sam has a new product forthcoming, the second Chicken shit album (sorry but I was disappointed by the first offering), so we resort to the usual mud flinging in order to garner press. Not that I don't agree that it's pathetic we haven't heard any new VH, but it's just getting stale Sam. And anyone who can call that tripe he wrote for the reunion cd, "work" hasn't heard real lyrics. The music certainly wasn't great by VH standards, but the lyrics are godawful. And let's not pretend you really gave a shit about anything other than getting control of corporation Cabo Wabo, eh Sam?
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

What's really hilarious about this is how Sam is making more news for Van Halen than Van Halen is!

Sam is absolutely right. Van Halen made their promises and nobody has followed up. And somebody, a former member and currently active musician, decided to call them out on it. The shitstorm is gonna begin shortly, but I just want to go on record saying that Sam should say whatever the hell he wants, and I'm glad he did.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by shamalama View Post
    I think the nail was hit on the head when it was said that VHIII scared Ed. It gave him the "I'm taking my fucking ball and going home" attitude he has today.
    Exactly.

And the recent Guitar World interview is PROOF of that. I mean the guy said: "What's the point of spending money making an album if nobody is going to like or listen to it anyway..."

I'm with Ed on the fact that NO new album is going to be as liked as the older material nor will it be considered a HUGE success, I don't think.

But Ed has to understand that....he, in large part, is to blame for that.

I think if they had followed up VHIII with a solid album with Gary, did it right, got a GOOD producer and engineer then VH would have taken a different turn.

But Ed fired Gary solely because of the success of the album. If he had just stuck to his guns and said: "Hey guys....sorry but Gary IS the singer in VH and we're going to do another album...whether some of our fans like it or not...."

I think people would have respected that and some of the people that didn't buy into it during the 1st go around would have possible bought into the 2nd album.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by shamalama View Post
    I think the nail was hit on the head when it was said that VHIII scared Ed.
    It scared him because he came to the realization that he can't write shit without creative input from other band members. Now his paranoid, controlling, hermit self isn't gonna let anyone in because he isn't and will never be wrong about anything. Prick.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

12 years is a long time to wait for an album. And still, no news and Melodic Rock reported that dave is working on some solo stuff. great.....

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

AAAMEN Brother Monster!!!!

You have GOT TO admit that the music on UFB and IAT, is superb. the lyrics on the other hand, REALLY suck big dinosaur eggs.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

If the music on UFB and IAT is superb than Rise and Catherine are Ed's MASTERPIECES.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    If the music on UFB and IAT is superb than Rise and Catherine are Ed's MASTERPIECES.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.