Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

"Hey...you're not getting paid this payday!"

Has this ever happened to you? What's the story? What did you do? Did you ever eventually get paid? When were you paroled for your subsequent bank robbery convictions?

Post it here!

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Like SNIC, I'm a Contingency Contracting Officer [Enlisted; E-6/TSgt] in the world's greatest air and space force. I am currently being evaluated my a medical evaluation board for my deteriorating back: basically, return to duty, separation, or medical retirement.

My enlistment expired on Feb 28th, but since I'm undergoing the evaluation, I was extended for 6 months to let the process finish. So, the system was updated, things were done, everyone rejoices in the camp, etc. One problem, though: this update didn't make it to the wonderful Defense Finance & Accounting Service in time. I took a look at my leave and earnings statement this afternoon and it said I was getting paid $0.00. Nothing. Nada.

Two things I hate to deal with - the Government and money - and I have an issue involving both of them! Ha ha ha!

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Marc View Post
    Like SNIC, I'm a Contingency Contracting Officer [Enlisted; E-6/TSgt] in the world's greatest air and space force. I am currently being evaluated my a medical evaluation board for my deteriorating back: basically, return to duty, separation, or medical retirement.

My enlistment expired on Feb 28th, but since I'm undergoing the evaluation, I was extended for 6 months to let the process finish. So, the system was updated, things were done, everyone rejoices in the camp, etc. One problem, though: this update didn't make it to the wonderful Defense Finance & Accounting Service in time. I took a look at my leave and earnings statement this afternoon and it said I was getting paid $0.00. Nothing. Nada.

Two things I hate to deal with - the Government and money - and I have an issue involving both of them! Ha ha ha!
    Omg Marc..... wow on the Govt issue!... The back issue.... you really need to make an appt with me! I see people with your issues all the time! Seriously!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:20 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Marc View Post

Jesus, this sucks Marc. But, once they get this issue resolved in November 2011, you will be in line for back pay, right? I mean, you did all the correct paper work and everything I'm sure so this clustered shit of a mess is a mistake on the Air Force's part? I want to believe they will get this corrected for you pronto, huh?

All zero's on a check stub ain't cool.
    HH<----SUE the air force and rename it the, "UNITED STATES AIR FORCE OF METAL MARC BITCHES ". its got a nice ring to it----------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

I am self employed.....'nuf said

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Marc, that freaking sucks. I hope they get this resolved SOON.

For those of you that have served in the armed forces, you know how our pay works. Gov over pays you, they take the money back immediately. Gov under pays you, well, they will eventually get the money back to you. Usually it shows up the next pay period.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,089 Times in 8,937 Posts

I have been on the other side of it, to the point where I was practicing my "the company can't pay any of you this Friday but I swear we are good for it please keep working" in front of the mirror.

Just enough money came in thank God that I did not have to make that speech.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

That exact thing happened to me last month. I was told I wasn't getting paid because the company didn't make any money the previous two weeks. January was the roughest month in the company's history.

I was also told to look for another job and maybe work for them part time. They did eventually pay me a week later and gave me a $500 bonus for working hard. And they came back asking me not to leave either. Since then I've been paid on time, except for my paydays were moved from Monday to Wednesday.

Last year my pay was moved from Friday to the following Monday and I took a 30% paycut. It's hard, but finding quality work is even harder. So far I'm still able to pay the bills, and I'm hoping that something comes along or they start paying me more again.

It's all still up in the air, but money did come.
    Your favorite band sucks.