Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1564
  1. #1351
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    03.31.06
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    3,052
    Favorite VH Song

    Hang `em High, I'm the One
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 07:36 PM
    Likes
    1,233
    Liked 2,022 Times in 1,158 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    We're supposed to think these people are fools, but geez...I feel sorry for them. 100% of us were watching MTV, buying the cassettes and reading about all the L.A. bands. It seemed like the thing to do! Believing in yourself and going for your dreams is supposed to be a good thing, right? Who knew you'd be laughed at for decades to come?


  2. #1352
    Atomic Punk RRvh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    21,084
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 06:05 PM
    Likes
    8,196
    Liked 9,214 Times in 6,630 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    We're supposed to think these people are fools, but geez...I feel sorry for them. 100% of us were watching MTV, buying the cassettes and reading about all the L.A. bands. It seemed like the thing to do! Believing in yourself and going for your dreams is supposed to be a good thing, right? Who knew you'd be laughed at for decades to come?

    Interesting, because other than a few YT clips, I haven't seen the whole "Decline of the...." stuff.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  3. #1353
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    03.31.06
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    3,052
    Favorite VH Song

    Hang `em High, I'm the One
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 07:36 PM
    Likes
    1,233
    Liked 2,022 Times in 1,158 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Interesting, because other than a few YT clips, I haven't seen the whole "Decline of the...." stuff.
    That was in regular Saturday night rotation among me and my friends! I didn't even get that the whole thing was a joke. I knew some of the bands were horrific (Odin and London), but I still just saw a world I was dying to be part of! My dream was to get our act together and become popular here, then head out to LA and hopefully blow a band like Odin off the stage and become stars. Little did I realize that movie helped to kill off the whole scene by highlighting the worst elements and making a mockery of it.

  4. #1354
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    28,388
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 06:11 PM
    Likes
    21,245
    Liked 19,050 Times in 10,904 Posts

    Default

    Since the topic of fans and what artists “owe them” comes up often, I thought I’d post this. This is Doyle from Misfits a while back while with his solo band. His singer starts going off and then Doyle picks the ball up and runs with it. I bet a lot of these bands feel this way. We know at least Mötley Crüe does.

    Last edited by bklynboy68; 07.13.19 at 07:07 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  5. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  6. #1355
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    14,116
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 11:43 AM
    Likes
    8,531
    Liked 12,642 Times in 6,925 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Since the topic of fans and what artists “owe them” comes up often, I thought I’d post this. This is Doyle from Misfits a while back while with his solo band. His singer starts going off and then Doyle picks the ball up and runs with it. I bet a lot of these bands feel this way. We know at least Mötley Crüe does.

    These guys look & sound completely badass.

    There's no way i'd touch them or point a camera in their faces.

    Vince Neil is one thing, but these dudes....no way. LOL.

    I watched "Godfathers of Hardcore," about another NYC band, Agnostic Front.

    Even at 60, those guys still look & sound terrifying.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  7. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  8. #1356
    carpe damn diem billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    56
    Location
    On to Cincinnati...
    Posts
    30,648
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 05:07 PM
    Likes
    1,602
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,614 Posts

    Default

    In the Amazon Echo commercial, when the old dude says “Alexa, play the song that goes “vallerie”, it should be this one that plays:

    Last edited by billy007; 07.14.19 at 08:12 AM.
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

  9. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  10. #1357
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    03.31.06
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    3,052
    Favorite VH Song

    Hang `em High, I'm the One
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 07:36 PM
    Likes
    1,233
    Liked 2,022 Times in 1,158 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Since the topic of fans and what artists “owe them” comes up often, I thought I’d post this. This is Doyle from Misfits a while back while with his solo band. His singer starts going off and then Doyle picks the ball up and runs with it. I bet a lot of these bands feel this way. We know at least Mötley Crüe does.
    When I saw Stephen Pearcy a few years ago, some mid-30's ish woman walked up next to me and put her hand right on his inner thigh! I nearly shat, because if he looked down in the dark, he was gonna see ME! I didn't need Stephen Pearcy jumping off the stage to beat my ass, so I pointed right at her. To my huge surprise, he didn't even flinch! He was probably around 60 then, so maybe someone grabbing for his dong was a thrill. I couldn't believe he just kept staring into the distance and singing his song.

    When I saw George Lynch in the same place, some guy reached up and put his hands on the butt of George's guitar, almost like he was going to yank it. I thought for sure George would give the guy a smack in the head or at least on the hand, but he didn't even glance at him and just kept soloing.

    In small places with little security, where people put their hands on you to make sure you're not an Animatronic figure, I can imagine that gets irritating fast. And the old, "I bought your record!" Thanks, but what was that? $9.99? It's not like you solved my financial problems forever.

  11. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  12. #1358
    carpe damn diem billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    56
    Location
    On to Cincinnati...
    Posts
    30,648
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 05:07 PM
    Likes
    1,602
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,614 Posts

    Default

    Keef knows what to do (about 1:17):

    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

  13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  14. #1359
    Sinner's Swing! wombattt's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Posts
    2,903
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Constantly Changes
    Last Online

    12.08.19 @ 09:52 PM
    Likes
    742
    Liked 1,051 Times in 613 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Keef knows what to do (about 1:17):

    Hahaha

    But to put it in context, the Stones, and Mick in particular were terrified that someone would try to kill him that tour...it was only a year since Lennon was assassinated.
    Last edited by wombattt; 07.14.19 at 09:34 AM.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

  15. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  16. #1360
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    14,116
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 11:43 AM
    Likes
    8,531
    Liked 12,642 Times in 6,925 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    When I saw Stephen Pearcy a few years ago, some mid-30's ish woman walked up next to me and put her hand right on his inner thigh! I nearly shat, because if he looked down in the dark, he was gonna see ME! I didn't need Stephen Pearcy jumping off the stage to beat my ass, so I pointed right at her. To my huge surprise, he didn't even flinch! He was probably around 60 then, so maybe someone grabbing for his dong was a thrill. I couldn't believe he just kept staring into the distance and singing his song.

    When I saw George Lynch in the same place, some guy reached up and put his hands on the butt of George's guitar, almost like he was going to yank it. I thought for sure George would give the guy a smack in the head or at least on the hand, but he didn't even glance at him and just kept soloing.

    In small places with little security, where people put their hands on you to make sure you're not an Animatronic figure, I can imagine that gets irritating fast. And the old, "I bought your record!" Thanks, but what was that? $9.99? It's not like you solved my financial problems forever.
    People are tired of this story, but this little, blonde Blues angel, actually initiated contact & HUGGED ME,
    right at her merch table, after i told her how much i adored her swampy guitar playing.

    All i remember is that unmistakable SF face coming at me, her scent, which was nice, and her voice,
    near my ear: Y'all are so sweet....

    I was like 44 years old & blushing like an NSYNC fan.

    But she's a Southern belle, and has a large male following, so she definitely wasn't a Misfits/Doyle
    type character.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  17. #1361
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    46
    Posts
    14,703
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 06:34 PM
    Likes
    49,543
    Liked 14,210 Times in 7,738 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Keef knows what to do (about 1:17):

    Lol, that was awesome.

  18. #1362
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    28,388
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 06:11 PM
    Likes
    21,245
    Liked 19,050 Times in 10,904 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    People are tired of this story, but this little, blonde Blues angel, actually initiated contact & HUGGED ME,
    right at her merch table, after i told her how much i adored her swampy guitar playing.

    All i remember is that unmistakable SF face coming at me, her scent, which was nice, and her voice,
    near my ear: Y'all are so sweet....

    I was like 44 years old & blushing like an NSYNC fan.

    But she's a Southern belle, and has a large male following, so she definitely wasn't a Misfits/Doyle
    type character.
    Did you get a chubber? I would have.

    As for Doyle, you have to be a dumb fuck like whoever this was to fuck with him.

     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  19. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  20. #1363
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    14,116
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 11:43 AM
    Likes
    8,531
    Liked 12,642 Times in 6,925 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Did you get a chubber? I would have.

    As for Doyle, you have to be a dumb fuck like whoever this was to fuck with him.

    As soon as she hugged me, i said: I feel kinda funny, miss....

    I would never fuck with Doyle (or try & get a hug).

    Not with any of those guys from the Punk/HC NYC scene.
    Not even Glenn Danzig.
    Or Pete Steele, if he was still alive.

    I'd offer my respect from a safe distance.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  21. #1364
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    9,825
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 07:11 AM
    Likes
    1,717
    Liked 2,374 Times in 1,419 Posts

    Default

    I'm really digging this guy these days:



    it sounds a bit like The Who at times which is great.

  22. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  23. #1365
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    42,491
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.12.19 @ 06:43 PM
    Likes
    19,223
    Liked 24,958 Times in 14,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I'm really digging this guy these days:



    it sounds a bit like The Who at times which is great.
    It sounds a lot like this dropped down a full step …

    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. The "Talk About Anything" Thread
    By Viking in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 19508
    Last Post: 12.12.19, 03:05 PM
  2. vh related ask me anything thread on reddit
    By lil'devil in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01.03.10, 10:13 AM
  3. What'd you get? (Music Related)
    By Hack in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12.27.08, 10:19 AM
  4. Teacher Bitch Board/Chalk Talk Thread
    By valdez44 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12.08.05, 05:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •