Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Social Studies and History Textbook Content Vote in Texas tomorrow

Tomorrow March 9th the Texas Education Agency Board Members will vote on the content of Social Studies and History Books used in Texas. 49 other states use textbooks that originate in Texas. The vote could remove important people like Neil Armstrong and Danial Boone. It could remove Veteran's Day, The Liberty Bell, and Christmas, and have these stories replaced with more "progressive" events.
    Obama cries "EMERGENCY"... well, this is a real emergency! This is a blatant progressive attack on our children and the future of the United States.

The board members are elected and here's the contact info. Tell them they will be voted out if they push the progressive agenda by removing true American History from our childrens textbooks.

The vote it tomorrow so fax and email them starting now!

GAIL LOWE
    LAWRENCE A. ALLEN, JR.
    TERRI LEO
    BARBARA CARGILL
    KEN MERCER
    GERALDINE MILLER
    DAVID BRADLEY
    RICK AGOSTO
    CYNTHIA NOLAND DUNBAR
    RENE NUŅEZ
    BOB CRAIG
    MAVIS B. KNIGHT
    MARY HELEN BERLANGA
    PATRICIA HARDY
    DON McLEROY

11 Chris Avenue
    Lampasas, TX 76550
    (512) 556-6262
    (512) 936-4319 FAX
    sboesupport@tea.state.tx.us
    Last edited by DivebombInc; 03.09.10 at 06:09 AM.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

when I was in elementary and junior high our social studies and history books told us that the Trail of Tears was a hike the indians went on so they could move to new and better homes but unfortunately, because of the time in history and lack of medicine and cars, many died on the way.

The history books also tell kids that the red coats just decided to kill a bunch of colonists rather than describing the fact that a mob of pissed off people attacked the soldies with rocks and sticks and only after one of the soldiers had been knocked unconsious did they begin to retaliate.

Our history books were absolutely crazy.

It wasn't until I left Texas and began going to school in Miami that I realized how slanted, "protective" and nationlistic my education had been.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Thanks Broken!
    I knew you would be the first responder.
    I have studied history much more after I served my sentence in the public education system. I make sure to look through my kids textbooks now.
    What suprises me most is people see the downward spiral in public education yet they don't make the connection between that and the direction that education has taken.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is their attempt to promote the liberal agenda they believe in and hopefully change this country into what they want over a period of time. They only make up about 20% of our population, but these extreme liberals sure keep the center busy putting out fires.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    It is their attempt to promote the liberal agenda they believe in and hopefully change this country into what they want over a period of time. They only make up about 20% of our population, but these extreme liberals sure keep the center busy putting out fires.
    no different than the 20% or so of our population that wants to promote extreme conservative views through the public school system and change the country into what they want over a period of time.

merry go round and round....merry go round and round...merry go round and rowowound...
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

Unfortunately history is told from the viewpoint of whomever came out on top. It's slanted, skewed and most of the time a lie. Sometimes its told to fit a political agenda whether that is being nationalistic or against the government in power.

However I am a believer that it is never wrong to be proud of your country even with the flaws that are present. Unfortunately I do believe there is an agenda to discredit the majority of United States History.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

We are failing an entire generation of children, and we will reap the consequences of it.

We are leaving them with a deadly combination of the following:

1. A sense of entitlement
    2. A lack of a formal education
    3. A whopping debt that they will never be able to pay off
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    no different than the 20% or so of our population that wants to promote extreme conservative views through the public school system and change the country into what they want over a period of time.

merry go round and round....merry go round and round...merry go round and rowowound...
    I don't see the equality in this exercise. What has the right tried to erase from history? I agree that each radical group has an agenda, but the left is in a position to do damage. The radical right would never be listened to or taken seriously, there are not nearly eough of them on the board to make those decisions. The radical right would quickly become ineffective after being labeled as racist by the left. I never have heard a real push to have Dr. King taken out of a history book. Really.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:19 PM
    Liked 548 Times in 329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I don't see the equality in this exercise. What has the right tried to erase from history? I agree that each radical group has an agenda, but the left is in a position to do damage. The radical right would never be listened to or taken seriously, there are not nearly eough of them on the board to make those decisions. The radical right would quickly become ineffective after being labeled as racist by the left. I never have heard a real push to have Dr. King taken out of a history book. Really.
    How about Darwin?

Are you really that thick? Seriously?

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

It's no different than the right trying to tell us that god created everything and evolution is a bunch of "scientific mumbo jumbo concocted by liberal elitists and new york scholar faggots".

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

it's not necessarily what they want to take out of the history books as much as being a case of two sides wanting to shape the entire curriculum and school experience to their own desires.

Where you describe the dreaded left as wanting to erase certain things from the history books it is also a very documented fact that the dreaded right wants to teach kids to believe in jesus, that dinosaurs and man lived at the same time, and want to do away with sex education.

Neither extreme is practical or an accurate representation of the population at large.

What's more, "the right" wants to continue with this silly notion of property taxes being used to fund individual schools and districts. They cling to this notion of no one knowing what their children should learn better than they can, even if they themselves are idiots.

As much as I have a problem with how "the left" approaches education, I have an equal problem with the way "the right" approaches education.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    How about Darwin?

Are you really that thick? Seriously?
    Were they a serious threat? Didn't they also want the opportunity to include some other alternative idea as opposed to doing away with the other? Were these people on the board that actually decided what the content of the books were? Let me know.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Were they a serious threat? Didn't they also want the opportunity to include some other alternative idea as opposed to doing away with the other? Were these people on the board that actually decided what the content of the books were? Let me know.
    you would be absolutely amazed at how powerful these people are in various parts of the country.

Seriously, look it up. There are school districts banning books, burning books, forcing prayer, sneaking intelligent design into the science classes etc.

You completely dismiss these people when you shouldn't.

The battle rages.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    you would be absolutely amazed at how powerful these people are in various parts of the country.

Seriously, look it up. There are school districts banning books, burning books, forcing prayer, sneaking intelligent design into the science classes etc.

You completely dismiss these people when you shouldn't.

The battle rages.
    Well, I'll try and look into it and see what I come up with. I thought for sure the liberal section of the press would let me know of a serious treat such as these.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, I'll try and look into it and see what I come up with. I thought for sure the liberal section of the press would let me know of a serious treat such as these.
    maybe you were too busy reading the right wing press stories to notice.

one place you can go is Half Price Books. Every year they devote a month to the banned-book lists all over the country and they promote those books heavily. They have lists of all the districts and what they banned and why and have articles posted around the store talking about different examples of right wing education policies run amuck.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.